• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

kiguel182

Have we talked about how dumb is that Brie does the Bryan kick spot when she is a heel?

Brie really is the worst. She brought that four way match down. Should've been a triple threat.

Everyone in the NJPW Dojo is ripped

CSxZkWrUwAAM5gl.jpg

I want to hate Tanahashi so much and then I hear he's a huge Kamen Rider fan and does pictures like this and I just can't.

Fox318

People say Daniel Bryan is "over" but the reaction he gets is nothing compared to guys like Stone Cold or The Rock.

thats because those people were over main eventers that were pushed because they got over.

Now guys are pushed because Vince likes how he looks.

Roman Reigns is like if Rocky Mavia main evented wrestlemania while Austin is in a tag match with LOD 2000.

Pavaloo

I was being facetious.

You guys can keep downplaying the reactions Roman gets, but they're there. They were there before his big RR debacle too.

klonere

Banned
We need a no-spoilers NXT thread.

I kinda want Balor to stay face since every NXT champ (Sami excluded) has turned heel eventually. Having a long term face champ is a good change of pace. Joe can turn heel instead when he faces Balor.

But I bet the match this week is going to be really good.

Thing is, Balor is definitely at his most compelling as a heel judged on past work. His run at the moment has been solid but unspectacular. He needs to get some real character under his belt before he is vomited out onto Raw and a heel turn is definitely the best way to do that.

But yes agreed, I think we should get a fantastic match out of it.

I haven't gone back and watched his entire run yet but I think my fellah Sheamus might be one of the best case studies in how modern WWE can't build stars out of talented people.

Stay tuned lads.

Fox318

I was being facetious.

You guys can keep downplaying the reactions Roman gets, but they're there. They were there before his big RR debacle too.

They were there at summerslam. Then the other 2 members of the shield evolved while he sat in bed injured then when he comes back he still has the gear, song, and entrance.

Sheild is fucking dead Roman. Its time to move on.

kiguel182

Thing is, Balor is definitely at his most compelling as a heel judged on past work. His run at the moment has been solid but unspectacular. He needs to get some real character under his belt before he is vomited out onto Raw and a heel turn is definitely the best way to do that.

But yes agreed, I think we should get a fantastic match out of it.

I have never seen his past work but I agree that his face run isn't super spectacular. But I think the reason for that is that he lacks great foes. He had Owens and that gave us a great moment (him winning the belt) and now he only has other faces to work with. Joe being heel would solve that without retreading the whole "face champ turns heel" story. Balor is also really popular as a face right now.

Next RawAltertive looks dope. all international indies

- Attack! Pro Wrestling - Mark Andrews vs. Pete Dunne
- Empress Pro - Female Pro Wrestling - Kay Lee Ray vs. Addy Starr
- Fight Club: PRO - The Hunter Brothers (Lee & Jim Hunter) vs. The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)
- International Pro Wrestling United Kingdom - Jimmy Havoc vs. Sammy Smooth
- PCW - Preston City Wrestling - Dave Mastiff vs. Adam Cole
- PROGRESS Wrestling - Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tommaso Ciampa

- SWE - Southside Wrestling Entertainment - Will Ospreay vs. Roderick Strong
- TIDAL Wrestling - El Ligero vs. Rich Swann
- Westside Xtreme Wrestling (wXw) - Big Daddy Walter, Hot & Spicy (Axel Dieter Jr. & Da Mack) vs. Cerberus (Robert Dreissker, Julian Nero, Ilja Dragunov) with Adam Pölak

super excited to see Ospreay vs Roddy

Mastiff vs cole should be fun

klonere

Banned
I have never seen his past work but I agree that his face run isn't super spectacular. But I think the reason for that is that he lacks great foes. He had Owens and that gave us a great moment (him winning the belt) and now he only has other faces to work with. Joe being heel would solve that without retreading the whole "face champ turns heel" story. Balor is also really popular as a face right now.

Aye, Joe heel can work as well. He does seem pretty over to the NXT crew even in Brooklyn so I guess its all okay for now.

Barrage

Not everyone starts as over as Austin or Bryan,for God's sake.Roman right now is getting similar pops to Orton's first run, to Benoit or going back, to HBK near the end of his first run when he didnt 100 percent have the crowd. All those guys turned out fine.

We need a no-spoilers NXT thread.

I kinda want Balor to stay face since every NXT champ (Sami excluded) has turned heel eventually. Having a long term face champ is a good change of pace. Joe can turn heel instead when he faces Balor.

But I bet the match this week is going to be really good.
Neville didn't really fully turn heel though, he was just the "heel" in the feud with Sami. I don't think Big E did while he was in NXT either but i don't remember much of his reign. Although i'd still agree with you if Balor wasn't a dull face. While the Zayn/Owens feud was great, I still wish we got a real Zayn title reign

Roman and Dean both get excellent pops from the crowd. Dean gets better entrance pops, while Roman gets better in-ring pops for his big spots. Neither are at the Cena/Orton level, but both are doing just fine.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Orton has never been over. He's a ratings killer and the crowd only gives a shit about him when he pulls out an RKO. If you gave that move to I don't know...Percy Watson, then he'd be a 12 time world champ by now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Owens has definitely been having a great couple of weeks.

The thing with Seth was interesting. Are we going to be getting Owens vs. Seth next week, since Seth "owes him one"? Will they ever actually pay that "owes him one" off, or did they just say it because it made for a line?

That's the great thing about WWE, is it's unpredictable. Like it's unpredictable whether they'll do basic story things like paying off setups.

My guess is that the "you owe me one" angle will never pay off, it was just a one-off thing to explain why Owens would bother to team with anyone.

oh nice, Review-A-Wai will do BOLA 2015 - Night 1. Wish they would do Night 2 or 3 as those shows were better but still cool to hear regardless.

kiguel182

Aye, Joe heel can work as well. He does seem pretty over to the NXT crew even in Brooklyn so I guess its all okay for now.

I think there's something to enjoy no matter how things turn out. I have confidence in whatever they decide to go with.

Neville didn't really fully turn heel though, he was just the "heel" in the feud with Sami. I don't think Big E did while he was in NXT either but i don't remember much of his reign. Although i'd still agree with you if Balor wasn't a dull face. While the Zayn/Owens feud was great, I still wish we got a real Zayn title reign

Neville was turning heel and then stopped once he lost the title. It's like the title was corrupting him or something. Man, I really liked that feud.

Totally forgot about Big E's reign. I guess you are right, it wouldn't be as much retreading old stories as I thought.

I like Balor as a face but I understand where the dull comments come from. While I think his promos are dull is face in-ring work is good to me. In this scenario I think I would rather have Joe turn heel.

That whole Zayn situation is one of the reasons it sucks that people have to leave NXT, it was a great story but it will lack a Zayn title reign to feel complete.

But then who would eat the pin?

Brie wasn't the one that took the pin so she isn't even good enough to do that.

Big E kind of did. They gave him this cocky attitude near the end of his run, and he thought he was better then everybody, but it was kind of a Neville situation. They made him lose the title when they were pushing baby face Bo at the time, so Big E was supposed to be the heel, but the crowd completely hated Bo.

kiguel182

Big E kind of did. They gave him this cocky attitude near the end of his run, and he thought he was better then everybody, but it was kind of a Neville situation. They made him lose the title when they were pushing baby face Bo at the time, so Big E was supposed to be the heel, but the crowd completely hated Bo.

That belt corrupts people.

Why are the authority heels? Like, what sense does it make? When Mr. McMahon first turned all those years ago, it sort of made sense. He didn't want the hugely over beer guzzling, cursing, bird flipping Stone Cold as the face of his company and would do anything to instill his own champion instead. But now? Like, why would the Authority have any problem with John Cena? He's clean cut and makes them a ton of money? Wouldn't they be on his side?

I like Balor as a face but I understand where the dull comments come from. While I think his promos are dull is face in-ring work is good to me. In this scenario I think I would rather have Joe turn heel.
Ya, I like the guy still, like he's very technically good but I just want him to show a lil more personality
ah, ok. I think that was also in the early stages of Bo's slow burn heel turn though, iirc didn't he use the exposed turnbuckle to beat Big E for the title?

kiguel182

Why are the authority heels? Like, what sense does it make? When Mr. McMahon first turned all those years ago, it sort of made sense. He didn't want the hugely over beer guzzling, cursing, bird flipping Stone Cold as the face of his company and would do anything to instill his own champion instead. But now? Like, why would the Authority have any problem with John Cena? He's clean cut and makes them a ton of money? Wouldn't they be on his side?

It made sense when they returned because they hated Bryan. But then didn't disband when Bryan on at Mania and here we are.

Kornflayx

Man I loved Raw the past two weeks. They're focusing more on having coherent stuff and building stuff at the beginning of Raw that permeates through the show.

I fucking loved the Wyatt stuff. All I want from WWE is fun, and that was so goofy. I love it.
Reigns is still the man. New Day is still the best when working with Rollins.

I'm liking what WWE is doing right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man I loved Raw the past two weeks. They're focusing more on having coherent stuff and building stuff at the beginning of Raw that permeates through the show.

I fucking loved the Wyatt stuff. All I want from WWE is fun, and that was so goofy. I love it.
Reigns is still the man. New Day is still the best when working with Rollins.

I'm liking what WWE is doing right now.

I'm sure none of this had anything to do with the fact the entire show had

No Kane
No Big Show
No Cena
No Orton
Nobody who was wrestling in WWE in 2005 (beyond HHH for 30 seconds)

ah, ok. I think that was also in the early stages of Bo's slow burn heel turn though, iirc didn't he use the exposed turnbuckle to beat Big E for the title?

The exposed turnbuckle thing was weird. They teased a heel turn against Neville like a month or so before he got the title shot, and then dropped it. They didn't really turn him heel until they realized the crowd wasn't going to get behind him. The only reason I can think for why they did the turnbuckle thing was to protect Big E, because I think that was the only time he got pinned down there.

Honestly I don't really know though. Early NXT writing was kind of a mess. I remember an earlier episode where they had a RAW recap showing the Shield just being heels up there, and then baby face Rollins comes out later in the show. Shit was weird.

Kornflayx

I'm sure none of this had anything to do with the fact the entire show had

No Kane
No Big Show
No Cena
No Orton
Nobody who was wrestling in WWE in 2005 (beyond HHH for 30 seconds)

It's almost like they have to create enjoyable shows when not relying on Cena to bring the ratings

Colocho

Banned
Have we talked about how dumb is that Brie does the Bryan kick spot when she is a heel?

Brie really is the worst. She brought that four way match down. Should've been a triple threat.

Haven't you heard? Women aren't faces or heel, they're just designed by nature to hate each other!

The exposed turnbuckle thing was weird. They teased a heel turn against Neville like a month or so before he got the title shot, and then dropped it. They didn't really turn him heel until they realized the crowd wasn't going to get behind him. The only reason I can think for why they did the turnbuckle thing was to protect Big E, because I think that was the only time he got pinned down there.

oh yeah, because then he feuded with Leo Kruger (who was cheered the whole feud) and was a straight up babyface who won the feud clean as hell. it got him a bunch of heat though so it worked with the eventual heel turn

Honestly I don't really know though. Early NXT writing was kind of a mess. I remember an earlier episode where they had a RAW recap showing the Shield just being heels up there, and then baby face Rollins comes out later in the show. Shit was weird.
That was a taping issue no? That's usually how these things happen with NXT. I know he turned heel at some point, I remember him and Corey Graves having a mini-fued

When and where do I watch this?

www.youtube.com/beyondwrestling while Raw is on next Monday

Top Bottom