• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Pavaloo

found myself agreeing with someone on wreddit for the first time in forever

should I be surprised? the username is LEGITSHOOK

tumblr_n8xb09MP6W1qaa8d1o2_500.gif

Watching that WCCW documentary on the Network and I just wanna give Kevin Von Erich a hug. I don't wanna wish even the worst of my enemies the shit he went through, especially when you have siblings such as myself.

Taker’s average Raw rating during his 1999 title run was 6.68, that’s the highest per-show average of any champion in the Raw era. The “Raw is Owen” show helped, but Raw also did a 6.7, 6.7 and 6.8 while he was champ. Not to shabby for a dead guy.

Aha!

Mahonay

Banned
That freaking Phoenix Splash into Styles Clash catch spot is from like 2002

I see you, AJ, COME UP WITH NEW SHIT
it's fucking awesome

Shadow780

Lol @ Asuka sitting in rookie orientation on Breaking Ground. She probably has more wrestling experience than all those ppl combined and times 10.

She needs a English teacher and work on her promos, if that.

Barrage

Lol @ Asuka sitting in rookie orientation on Breaking Ground. She probably has more wrestling experience than all those ppl combined and times 10.

She needs a English teacher and work on her promos, if that.

They rushed SinCara because they thought he had experience.

How'd that go

tinders

Lmfao which part does it start at? I may use it as my alarm.

Screeching tyres. Here we go, you're looking at the real deal now. WOOOOOOOP. Gonna kick your sorry ass out on the street. Uh huh uh huh, what you gonna do?

It will work super well as an alarm. Ain't no way you're sleeping when D'Lo is coming to fuck shit up

SD sans a bunch of people due to going to Dublin

* SmackDown starts with a promo from Zeb Colter and Alberto Del Rio on MexAmerica.
* WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio defeated Neville in a non-title match. Del Rio worked as a good heel here. He beat Neville down after the match until Jack Swagger made the save to a decent pop.
* The Usos defeated The Ascension in under five minutes.
* Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan defeated Sin Cara, Kalisto, Darren Young and Titus O'Neil in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match. Darren was eliminated by count out, Cara by Harper, Kalisto by Rowan ad Titus by Wyatt. All four Wyatts survive.
* Ryback defeated King Barrett in a short match. Ryback countered a sleeper hold and hit Shellshocked for the win.
* Natalya defeated Tamina in another short match.
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens defeated Dean Ambrose by DQ after selling a phantom low blow. Ambrose unloads on Owens after the match but Owens retreats through the crowd to big heat. SmackDown ends with Ambrose in the ring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WWF starts "evolving" into the Attitude era all throughout 1997, but man does it ever pick up steam after Ground Zero(s) and especially after Badd Blood.

In the past five episodes the following things have happened.

McMahon interviews a grieving spouse on National television less than 72 hours after his death.
Rock cut a heel promo.
Hart Foundation called HBK and HHH homophobic slurs and HHH in particular a Degenerate.
This of course leads to the foundation of the group that saved the WWF and defined the Attitude Era, Degeneration X.
McMahon has been stunned.
They exploit the real life death of a performer, including turning an angle with him and another man's wife into a storyline 5 weeks after they died.
The Real Double J and Rockabilly Billy Gunn have ditched their gimmicks and become The Road Dogg and Bad Ass Billy Gunn.
The actual Double J has returned from WCW and has been giving pretty much Shoot Interviews about that company and leaving WWF the first time. Despite this being the first time both of them have been in the company at the same time in two years this doesn't lead to a feud!
Cornette and JR are the new RAW announce team while Vince and King are doing the Warzone.
Cornette has been doing a shoot section on each and every RAW, usually besmirching WCW.

Esse Rios debuted under Aquila. Has Hardcore Holly's badass music.
Speaking about that even though it's slightly out of the scope of this update, the WWF Light heavyweight division is mainly centered around the hilariously odd Brian Christopher is/isn't Jerry Lawler's kid angle. Though it did lead to the hilarity of Scott Putski being his first challenger because of the whole father/son thing. Scott Putski is the least light heavyweight one can possibly think of.

Looking like around 275 total. I booked it from Friday night to Tuesday morning.

Nice price but I might recommend looking to downtown to be closer to the Indy stuff. For mania take one of the shuttles that are going from downtown there. You'll be a lot happier if you're going to those shows if you're not driving from Arlington every day.

That's a good price though. What are you planning on seeing?

I love how ZZ was able to see how badly he was shitted on for his cardio throughout the entire season of TE, knew he was gonna be on TV again, and still didn't get in any kind of shape.

KingBroly

Banned
Smackdown seems like a decent show this week. It feels like WWE is finally getting some momentum going with their big stars out.

WWF starts "evolving" into the Attitude era all throughout 1997, but man does it ever pick up steam after Ground Zero(s) and especially after Badd Blood.

In the past five episodes the following things have happened.

McMahon interviews a grieving spouse on National television less than 72 hours after his death.
Rock cut a heel promo.
Hart Foundation called HBK and HHH homophobic slurs and HHH in particular a Degenerate.
This of course leads to the foundation of the group that saved the WWF and defined the Attitude Era, Degeneration X.
McMahon has been stunned.
They exploit the real life death of a performer, including turning an angle with him and another man's wife into a storyline 5 weeks after they died.
The Real Double J and Rockabilly Billy Gunn have ditched their gimmicks and become The Road Dogg and Bad Ass Billy Gunn.
The actual Double J has returned from WCW and has been giving pretty much Shoot Interviews about that company and leaving WWF the first time. Despite this being the first time both of them have been in the company at the same time in two years this doesn't lead to a feud!
Cornette and JR are the new RAW announce team while Vince and King are doing the Warzone.
Cornette has been doing a shoot section on each and every RAW, usually besmirching WCW.

Esse Rios debuted under Aquila. Has Hardcore Holly's badass music.
Speaking about that even though it's slightly out of the scope of this update, the WWF Light heavyweight division is mainly centered around the hilariously odd Brian Christopher is/isn't Jerry Lawler's kid angle. Though it did lead to the hilarity of Scott Putski being his first challenger because of the whole father/son thing. Scott Putski is the least light heavyweight one can possibly think of.
Thanks for the spoilers 😠
Screeching tyres. Here we go, you're looking at the real deal now. WOOOOOOOP. Gonna kick your sorry ass out on the street. Uh huh uh huh, what you gonna do?

It will work super well as an alarm. Ain't no way you're sleeping when D'Lo is coming to fuck shit up
I need to find the version where it actually is the whole song instead of the same thing over and over.

One of the verses is, "you don't wanna play games anymore"

I've got a group of seven. Got to wait for the general sale.

Ah. Ticketmaster seems pretty glitchy to me. It shows tickets for me once, and then when I look for other tickets or try to go back to the previous ones it says they are no longer available. Some still look to be available in the C308-C310 area. I'm hoping there are some better ones going out tomorrow. How do you order the package that includes the hall of fame and axxess?

Ah. Ticketmaster seems pretty glitchy to me. It shows tickets for me once, and then when I look for other tickets or try to go back to the previous ones it says they are no longer available. Some still look to be available in the C308-C310 area. I'm hoping there are some better ones going out tomorrow. How do you order the package that includes the hall of fame and axxess?
Why aren't you waiting? Lord knows they are going to paper the fuck outta that thang.

The double commentary team concept is so weird but I kind of like it.

The three man booth of Kelly/Cole/JR doesn't really work at all

WCW did it when they went two hours. Tony Schiavone and Larry Zbysko did hour #1 from ringside. Eric Bischoff, Bobby Heenan, and Mongo (later Mike Tenay when Mongo started wrestling) did hour #2.

Menome

Also, I was expecting Dramatic Voice-Over Man on RAW to go:

"1987 - Ronald Reagan is voted in as president, greed is good and rules at the box office and Michael Jackson is still black"

Top Bottom