• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Naito vs Ibushi and Naito vs AJ were both much better

can you find the common trend
pAMZFVy.gif

tumblr_nsrqmyIMaW1sbqspto1_400.gif

You love Captain Stardust. We get it.

So I just had a horrifying thought, and apologies if it is an old one.

Zeb Colter and Del Rio's "Mexamerica" gimmick is all about combining two countries into one. And yet, they're portrayed as heels.

Now, who notable today doesn't want Mexico anywhere near the United States to the point where he wants to build a freaking wall between the two nations?

Oh yeah, Vince McMahon's best buddy, one who will almost certainly give Linda a nice cabinet position and possibly even make WWE a tax free organization, Donald Trump!

Let's be honest, we knew an angle where Vince would promote Trump was coming. Who cares if it will piss off the international fanbase WWE loves to crow about that they have. Who cares if this will alienate much of their native audience. Trump needs to be president, dammit!

Bandini

I love how ZZ was able to see how badly he was shitted on for his cardio throughout the entire season of TE, knew he was gonna be on TV again, and still didn't get in any kind of shape.

Yep, ZZ is straight booty. "I've been chopping wood and lifting stuff." Go for a run you idiot, you're blowing it

Nice price but I might recommend looking to downtown to be closer to the Indy stuff. For mania take one of the shuttles that are going from downtown there. You'll be a lot happier if you're going to those shows if you're not driving from Arlington every day.

That's a good price though. What are you planning on seeing?

I give zero fucks about everything except Mania and the RAW after. The Indy stuff I'd likely have to work if I went.

Shuttle would be nice, but I'm likely going to have to rent a car anyway. Or just make someone pick me up. I'm basically going to walk to Mania, and probably go bar hopping the other nights.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm watching Survivor Series 1997 this morning and my god, one of these teams is Ken Shamrock, Ahmed Johnson, and the LOD. You've never seen an oilier, more vascular group of men. The other team is also gigantic being the new NOD. Rocky Maiavia is starting to get swole, Farooq, D-Lo Brown who is transitioning between being really fat and really muscular, and Kama Mustafah, who is like super D-Lo Brown in that he's fat and muscular. Beyond barrel chested.

JavyOO7

#shootTuesday

Bill Murray is lame and always has been no matter how much he comes and bes an old creep at your parties

He did Lost in Translation so for me that one movie is enough to put him on 'very good actor' list. Lovely movie... want to see it again... on blu-ray though...

Mahonay

Banned

Zeb Colter and Del Rio's "Mexamerica" gimmick is all about combining two countries into one. And yet, they're portrayed as heels.

Now, who notable today doesn't want Mexico anywhere near the United States to the point where he wants to build a freaking wall between the two nations?

Oh yeah, Vince McMahon's best buddy, one who will almost certainly give Linda a nice cabinet position and possibly even make WWE a tax free organization, Donald Trump!

Let's be honest, we knew an angle where Vince would promote Trump was coming. Who cares if it will piss off the international fanbase WWE loves to crow about that they have. Who cares if this will alienate much of their native audience. Trump needs to be president, dammit!
I've theorized this in my own head too. It's extremely Vince.

zeb was a heel when he was a xenophobe, too. i think the point is fuck political opinions in general, there are mountain dew and totinos pizza rolls to be stuffed into you. this is god damned entertainment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Screeching tyres. Here we go, you're looking at the real deal now. WOOOOOOOP. Gonna kick your sorry ass out on the street. Uh huh uh huh, what you gonna do?

It will work super well as an alarm. Ain't no way you're sleeping when D'Lo is coming to fuck shit up

i use Ken Shamrock's theme. That bell getting me up works good. I hear the guitar at the start and open my eyes, but when that bell hits, I sit up and get moving.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Really, what's so horrifying about this? It's a wrestling gimmick. I don't see the real issue. It's just...nothing important.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Parts of this Mexiamerica gimmick I like.

Del Rio calling Neville an illegal immigrant
Zeb calling Canadians too ignorant to join his great nation
The weird tension between the two
Getting Swaggy with it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Popping in to see if NeoGAF Vince has started the wrassle league.

No! These things take time and I'm a grown ass man with shit to do :(

Fortunately thanks to the Shitty PS4 and my Super Shitty Vita I can create Wrasslegaffers while taking a shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lawler's Cena looks...like someone else, I can't think of who. And his Ambrose is the stuff of nightmares.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is my pre Survivor Series state of the company post for 1997:

Faces, in rough order of how the fans react to them:

The Undertaker: Is legitimately the most over act in the company, but he only shows up every six weeks or so. This program he's starting with Kane is going to be big, but as of right now he won't fight his own brother ala Bret in 1993/1994.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Still acting like a heel, if no longer downright evil. Still stunning people who don't really deserve it, and fighting back against the man (Vince now in particular) who hasn't really done anything even remotely against his interests. Lately he has been doing everything he can to keep the belt on Owen because he is feuding with him, the exact opposite of his position earlier in the year when he was screwing Bret out of the belt so he could...fight him again and not win the WWF Championship.

Mankind/Dude Love/Cactus Jack: Is a face! Though it looks like we're not getting the other two for awhile

The Legion of Doom: Despite being The New Generation Vince has been bringing back aging stars one after another and none of them worked out well at all. The crowds loved The Ultimate Warrior last year but that didn't last long enough to go anywhere and Backlund's heel character is unforgettable but the rest (Superfly, Jake the Snake, Nikoli Volkoff, King Kong Bundy, Roddy Piper etc, etc) all failed or bailed to WCW. LoD, however, have been over as fuck all year.

Ken Shamrock: People love the most dangerous man and his amazing theme song. He nearly beat HBK and Bret clean, in a row.

Bret Hart: Yes, the leader of the evil Hart Foundation. But by feuding with HBK and his degenerates over the past few weeks this man, who is literally leaving the company for its hated rival the next month and who slams America at every opportunity, is getting mixed reactions in the US and Jesus reactions in Canada.

Ahmed Johnson: Is back to being a face, and gets decent reactions again.

Vader: Loves America.

HEELS:

HBK/DX. No one wants to hear Shawn go on for 20 minutes to open RAW. No one wants to see his ass, except when he shows his ass and gets a babyface reaction.

Kane: That's gotta be Kane!

The Hart Foundation: Have really cooled off. They got their awesome custom hitman jackets in the past six weeks though and went down a member, but recruited Furnace and La Fond, who are great wrestlers but jabroni tier characters

The New NOD: Get booed in America. Get no reaction in Canada.

Los Bariquas/The Truth Foundation/DOA. Gang Warfare

Goldust: Heeled out on his wife for...getting kidnapped and possibly raped for a month because of a dumb stipulation she agreed to.

Aiii

So not worth it
App send me a push message to notify, so I'd imagine it's literally tens of thousands of people logging on trying to order all at once.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After I'm done with RAW in 1997 I'll take a break until January and watch Nitro in 1997. Then NXT. Then Clash of Champions. Old wrestling is fun to watch at night to calm you down or on a slow morning.

Zach

Ticketing FYI: a lot of times people will grab tickets and then not go through with the purchase, so it'll take until their cart expires for the tickets to open up again. I'm guessing there will be a lot of scalpers buying, too, though.

Wednesday night wrestling

NXT

NXT Championship match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Apollo Crews
Bull Dempsey vs. Angelo Dawkins
Asuka vs. Cameron
Eva Marie vs. Marley (Gionna Daddio; she was the plant who jumped on Tyler Breeze during TakeOver: Rival, but they need to change the name ASAP because this is what I think of when I see Marley)
Marley-Me-marley-and-me-13563570-1600-1200.jpg

ROH

The Young Bucks vs. Silas Young and The Beer City Bruiser
Will Ferrara vs. Roderick Strong
Adam Cole vs. A.J. Styles vs. Kyle O'Reilly

TNA Impact

Brooke vs. Madison Rayne
Mandrews vs. Manik
Kenny King vs. Mahabali Shera
Rockstar Spud vs. Bram
Eddie Edwards vs. Davey Ricahrds
Eric Young vs. Bobby Roode

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Marley and Me killed me at the end. Just killed me. Never again.

Zach

NXT sounds fun. Even if Eva Marie is a disgrace. And I know some of you eat it up because they've embraced her sucking and made it into her schtick, but that doesn't make her any less atrocious. She shouldn't be wrestling. I'm sure there are far better wrasslers who deserve her spot.

Not a liver spot or your dog Spot or just any spot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody watched this movie.

How do you even remember it exists?

I did, eat shit! Dogs reign supreme forever.

EDIT: Now you got me wanting to watch Blade Trinity again. Stupid Triple H... "WHEN DID YOU SEE MY DICK?!"

Aiii

So not worth it
Huh? A SHITLOAD of people saw that movie. Especially in the States.

I did, eat shit! Dogs reign supreme forever.

EDIT: Now you got me wanting to watch Blade Trinity again. Stupid Triple H... "WHEN DID YOU SEE MY DICK?!"

Marley and Me has grossed $242,717,113 worldwide ($143,153,751 in the States, $99,563,362 in international markets) since release, so this is untrue.

Jesus.

Also,
B2s2975IEAAwoh6.jpg:large

Cats > dogs.

"Catsaro" lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cats 4 Lyfe.

Even though I no longer have any cats in my life and spend a great deal of my free time walking two dogs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I won't lie though. It'd be dope to hold grumpy cat for a minute.

Top Bottom