• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goldberg does Rock's move better than Rock

Goldberg

That...that is pretty good. Looks great.

HHH has a nice spinebuster too, but you people would never admit it

I liked his emphasis on rotation. It wasn't bad at all! AA's spinebuster felt like a precise 180 degree turn. Triple H's rotates more but gets less elevation. Both different flavors of tasty ice cream. My favorite will still be Arn.

For being such a powerhouse, I always hated Batista's spinebuster.

Too slow with the rotation, Arn's spinebuster had a certain snap and swivel to it that always looked awesome.

Also, I know a few here will highly disagree with me, but Karl Anderson has a great spinebuster.

bjork

Rock's best wrestling match is the one with Owen for the IC belt. Decent match, clean finish, and I don't remember anything standing out as horrible. Unless Rock did that flying bodypress that he used early on, god that thing was horrid looking.

Plus he lost, and I always enjoyed seeing that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Cold Stoned" Steve Austin gimmick has a lot of promise, when you think about it. Very topical.

"Listen here you son of a bitch, I've been locked out of my damned Broken Skull Ranch thanks to this onnit.com security gimmick and it's the middle of January, I'm cold and I'm high as hell but by god I have a package of Shari's Berries to keep the munchies away so I don't put on more weight!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Too slow with the rotation, Arn's spinebuster had a certain snap and swivel to it that always looked awesome.

Also, I know a few here will highly disagree with me, but Karl Anderson has a great spinebuster.

Can you jiff me up? I'll say it's not memorable at first blush, but most of Anderson's noticeable moves are basically his finisher reversals where he eats a Rainmaker or hits a Gun Stun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One thing that stuffs Bateaster's spinebuster is his pop up immediately after. Most spinebusters don't have the pop up. I do like how he kicks the leg out for a little flourish, but other than that, it's not much of a spinebuster. It's fine. Bateaster gets a pass because he is who he is.

Zach

HHH has a nice spinebuster too, but you people would never admit it

I admit it. He has a nice spinebuster. Ain't Double A tier, but it's good.

Who? Post a gif or something, Bootaaay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Rock has never made any movie done to him look good. Unless you're way into making wrestling look as fake as fucking possible

"WWE® VIRTUAL REALITY CONTENT DEBUTS ON SAMSUNG MILK VR

STAMFORD, Conn., November 4, 2015 – For the first time, WWE (NYSE: WWE) and Samsung are giving fans a 360-degree, ringside look into WWE with new virtual reality content from SummerSlam®, now available via Samsung Milk VR premium virtual reality content service on Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition powered by Oculus. Fans can access two WWE virtual reality videos via the WWE 360 channel on Samsung Milk VR.

The first video provides fans with a completely new experience, including a 360-degree look at highlights from SummerSlam weekend – from the excitement of the fans, to the pivotal moments of NXT® TakeOver™, to the epic showdown between John Cena® and Seth Rollins®, and the surprise appearance in the main event by SummerSlam host Jon Stewart.

The second video gives fans a look at key moments from the match between Finn Bálor™ and Kevin Owens™ at NXT TakeOver, a WWE Network special that took place the night before SummerSlam in front of a sold-out crowd at Barclays Center, giving them a chance to see the action as if they were there live.

“We are excited to bring our fans closer to the action through an immersive 360-degree viewing experience on Samsung Milk VR,” said Michelle Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. “We strive to deliver innovative ways for our fans to engage and this is our first step in bringing virtual reality content to the WWE Universe.”

“Premium 360-degree VR content is giving fans presence and proximity to some of their favorite action and sports moments such as WWE’s SummerSlam,” said Matt Apfel, vice president of strategy and creative content at Samsung Media Solutions Center America. “We are thrilled to see leading brands like WWE entering into VR, bringing fans a 360 experience close to the action.”"

bjork

I never noticed how blown up Roman is in that gif. I like seeing his smile slowly fade because anyone but you roman

bjork

“We are thrilled to see leading brands like WWE entering into VR, bringing fans a 360 experience close to the action.”"

What does this mean? I can turn my head around to see some slackjaw in a pit-stained nWo shirt holding up a sign that says SPEAR ME ROMAN behind me or something?

Who? Post a gif or something, Bootaaay.

Can you GIF me up? I'll say it's not memorable at first blush, but most of Anderson's noticeable moves are basically his finisher reversals where he eats a Rainmaker or hits a Gun Stun.

I'm on a shitty ancient laptop, so here's a link to a GIF;

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/632126957765922816

Perhaps 'great' was a step too far, but it's a good spinebuster. Also, he uses a sit-out variation on occasion, most notably when ducking both of Shinsuke's high kicks (everyone ducks the first, only Karl seems able to duck the second with any regularity).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Perhaps 'great' was a step too far, but it's a good spinebuster. Also, he uses a sit-out variation on occasion, most notably when ducking both of Shinsuke's high kicks (everyone ducks the first, only Karl seems able to duck the second with any regularity).

It's good. Good is good. Sit-out spinebusters sound like a pain due to where legs are.

Zach

Two parts Triple H, one part Double A. I'll give it a pass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So is Jericho bad in the eyes of WrassleGAF? 94-2003 Jericho was ace and I guess so was 2008 with his HBK feud.

He was appreciated and hadn't sort of worn out his welcome until maybe 2010? Too many "comebacks" that weren't special.

bjork

So is Jericho bad in the eyes of WrassleGAF? 94-2003 Jericho was ace and I guess so was 2008 with his HBK feud.

I agree with this, and I can appreciate that he can come out once in awhile to have a match as a surprise or whatever. Initially, it was a good way to give a younger guy a win over an established name. But beating him now does nothing for the guy beating him, and Jericho going over does nothing for either guy since you know Jericho won't be around long term.

The only way I think he's truly bad is as a podcaster. I've tried his show a few times and I just can't. He's a step up from never-not-slurring Flair, but not by a whole lot.

Anth0ny

Aren't you the guy who told me WrestleMania 2000 was the greatest event of all time?

no damn it, I said all the events from 2000 besides WresleMania were the greatest events of all time!

I'm expecting the following grades for 2000, in order:

A+
A+
F-
A+
A+
A+

etc.

anything in between would make you a crazy person

Zach

no damn it, I said all the events from 2000 besides WresleMania were the greatest events of all time!

I'm expecting the following grades for 2000, in order:

A+
A+
F-
A+
A+
A+

etc.

anything in between would make you a crazy person

But F- isn't even on my Official Scale. D:

Backlash 2000 is incredible. What did Zach give it?

I'm not there yet! Reserve your judgment!

ryuen

I started a podcast like everyone else in the world, but I think the format we're going to ride with is covering a particular wrestler and highlighting their most prominent matches. If you tape traded back in the day, like Great Sasuke, or played way too much Virtual Pro this mayyyyy be up your alley but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/virtual-pros/virtual-pros-episode-1

Top Bottom