• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
That's an Eephus if I ever saw one.

Agreed. The King of Strong Style is the King of Junk Pitches, apparently.

d4f7ae66413cd79b81d61fcc4ca78e9d.jpg

I wouldn't say the only good Jericho but yeah, it's the peak of his career.

If I may take a moment to dick ride a moment here.

Chris Jericho's suit wearing heel run was not only the peak of his career, but one of the few good things from those few years and everything a top heel should be. A perfect storm of booking mixed with Jericho's talent allowed Jericho to cut a swath through the tag team titles, to the IC title, to the World title and elevate them all. Every program he was involved in made perfect sense. Everything from his matches to his promos sold the story he was trying to get across. When he started his fantastic feud with Michaels, we tend to forget that he was right. Shawn did cheat to win. He was a hypocrite. And they had fantastic, bloody matches, and Jericho even punched Shawn's wife. Jericho lost when he needed to, but also won exactly when he needed to, and he was protected doing so. He still had his highspots, but when he wrestled he made you believe he was hitting the lionsault because he was taking advantage of an opportunity, instead of just showing off.

Jericho from this time period was a goddamn gold standard.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Agreed. The King of Strong Style is the King of Junk Pitches, apparently.

d4f7ae66413cd79b81d61fcc4ca78e9d.jpg

I would probably dislocate my shoulder trying to hit that pitch. Randy Orton probably dislocated his shoulder looking at that gif.

notworksafe

I think it's dumb that you have to pay 3 bucks to print your own tickets at home.

That's why I just paid the extra 50c to just get them mailed to me.

Same here. Everytime I actually find a pair of seats its for a section with a limited view.

What a bummer.

Tomorrow is fully open sales so you may have better luck, otherwise just look at a time where everyone isn't slamming the site and you should be able to pick a seat.

Recall

So I made a pretty awesome Nakamura CAW on No Mercy but I don't know how best to share a good pic since I'm using an actual N64 and not that emulator nonsense. Taking a pic of my CRT image just makes for a mess...

...CAW templates/formulas, who remembers those bad boys for sharing ya creations?

Fucking imgur and gigantic sizes of tiny ass pictures :(

ryuen

I think mobile is the way to go when it comes to buying tickets. It was such a struggle to find any on the desktop site and typing in those ridiculous codes was annoying, but I was able to land 4 tix pretty easily through my phone. Totally got some nosebleeders, and I can't wait!

Anth0ny

But F- isn't even on my Official Scale. D:

You're going to have to add it for the piece of grade A monkey crap that is Wrestlemania 2000, a show that, considering the time period, should have been the greatest Wrestlemania of all time, but ended up being one of the worst.

We had to wait one more year for the Mania that would truly define the greatest era of this great sport.

Recall

You're going to have to add it for the piece of grade A monkey crap that is Wrestlemania 2000, a show that, considering the time period, should have been the greatest Wrestlemania of all time, but ended up being one of the worst.

We had to wait one more year for the Mania that would truly define the greatest era of this great sport.

It was all down hill after WM17

Zach

But wait. Then why did you tell me WrestleMania 2000 was the GOAT that one day?

Recall

Just warched a four way elimination match on No Mercy.

Taka Michinoku vs Edge vs Dean Makenko vs. Eddie Guerrero

It did not go how I expected...

Remember how WWE All Stars actually had combo lists for each character but denied you actually being able to see them in game and tried to force the strategy guide upon you to find them out?
Carny as fuck.

All Stars was a game I wanted to love but it just had too many flaws, that said the lack of a refined sequel is tragic.

Recall

Remember how WWE All Stars actually had combo lists for each character but denied you actually being able to see them in game and tried to force the strategy guide upon you to find them out?
Carny as fuck.

All Stars was a game I wanted to love but it just had too many flaws, that said the lack of a refined sequel is tragic.

Just like its predecessor WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game.

That was the wrestling game of choice in my youth, figuring out the combos was the best bit.

Heel

Holy crud, friends. It appears the match has been rebooked, and MMA star Bobby Lashley will be looking to avenge his loss to James "The Colossus" Thompson this Friday night at Bellatoe 145. This one's about legacy.

DMczaf

Holy crud, friends. It appears the match has been rebooked, and MMA star Bobby Lashley will be looking to avenge his loss to James "The Colossus" Thompson this Friday night at Bellatoe 145. This one's about legacy.

Did they get the Kidz Pop version of Eminem's Legacy?

WWE All Stars is one of the greatest wrestling games of all time from a purely gameplay perspective because it's systems actually asked you to learn them and reward you for doing so. There was complexity in its simple control scheme, unlike the convoluted bullshit of the modern games that ask you to do crab hands to do a move.

As for KOC 2, to call the modern wrestling games "simulation based" when that game exists is laughable. You could mess with nearly every aspect of the presentation and gameplay, and matches actually resembled real life matches.

Oh, hay - EVOLVE iPPVs this weekend!

9PM Eastern bell time, well I won't be watching live. Or at all. WWNLive always take days to get the replays up (I don't understand why it's so impossible to cap the live broadcast and then upload that until it can be replaced with a fully edited version), more-so when it's one of their Florida weekends. Plus, the $5 surcharge for anyone who doesn't pre-order is flat-out bullshit that only discourages impulse buys. The late bell times are awful for international customers, so even if I want to watch a show live I have to pay $5 extra for the VOD in case I don't manage to stay away until 5AM or whenever the show actually finishes (Gabe-show guarantee: always start at least 20 minutes late).

Also, even though they KNOW their shows ALWAYS start late, they never, ever prepare more than one or two short promo videos for the iPPV stream - so customers patiently waiting for a show that should have already started get treated to the same promo videos over and over and over again, it's frankly maddening.

Menome

Guys I'm hyped for Fallout 4. What say you Wrasslin GAF?

I'm hyped, but I'm refusing to buy it until after Christmas. I've now been playing Bethesda open-world games since Daggerfall. Nearly 20 years now.

In that time I've learnt to wait for the initial patches and tidying-up mods before playing.

9PM Eastern bell time, well I won't be watching live. Or at all. WWNLive always take days to get the replays up (I don't understand why it's so impossible to cap the live broadcast and then upload that until it can be replaced with a fully edited version), more-so when it's one of their Florida weekends. Plus, the $5 surcharge for anyone who doesn't pre-order is flat-out bullshit that only discourages impulse buys. The late bell times are awful for international customers, so even if I want to watch a show live I have to pay $5 extra for the VOD in case I don't manage to stay away until 5AM or whenever the show actually finishes (Gabe-show guarantee: always start at least 20 minutes late).

Also, even though they KNOW their shows ALWAYS start late, they never, ever prepare more than one or two short promo videos for the iPPV stream - so customers patiently waiting for a show that should have already started get treated to the same promo videos over and over and over again, it's frankly maddening.

I get the desire to get some preorders in, but I think rewarding preorders by giving them a credit to an older VOD instead of raising the price for impulse buyers would work better. But, I'm not WWNLive.

Thatcher vs. Gargano should be good, though I've never been as high on Gargano as other people.

Galloway vs. Konley could go either way. I don't have confidence in Konley, but Galloway should drag him to a decent match.

Gulak vs. Riddle could be good or a complete mess.

I have more confidence in Perkins vs. Nese to be a good match than Galloway vs. Konley.

Hot Sauce Williams vs. Martin Stone could be a sleeper match on the card.

I don't get the love for Ethan Page, so I have no opinion on Page vs. Kaasa.

No idea who Lio Rush or Fred Yehi is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Honestly I'm fine with waiting. The first card looks ho-hum:

EVOLVE Championship Match
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Johnny Gargano

Grudge Match
Drew Galloway vs. Caleb Konley

Special Challenge Match #1
Drew Gulak vs. Matt Riddle

Special Challenge Match #2
TJ Perkins vs. Anthony Nese

NEW MATCH: Pure Wrestling Clinic
Tracy Williams vs. Martin Stone

Bonus Match
Ethan Page vs. Peter Kaasa

NEW MATCH: Top Prospect Showcase
Lio Rush vs. Fred Yehi

The second card, Saturday's show, looks...

The Rematch!
Timothy Thatcher vs. Drew Galloway

EVOLVE 35 Rematch
Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Gulak

Special Challenge Match #1
Caleb Konley with So Cal Val vs. TJ Perkins

Special Challenge Match #2
Tracy Williams vs. Matt Riddle

Battle Of The Best Athletes
Anthony Nese with So Cal Val vs. Peter Kaasa

Bonus Match
Ethan Page vs. Lio Rush

Ho-hum

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I must be the Golden Child because all these 'buggy as shit' games that I play I'm able to finish without any major issues.

10/10 Witcher 3 best game evar left me with 5 quests I can't even finish due to bugs though

Saturday's show is not particularly exciting either.

Thatcher vs. Galloway should be good, but it's not for the title.

Gargano vs. Gulak should be good, but it could be the most boring match on the card thanks to Gulak's grapplefuckery.

Konley vs. Perkins is dragged down by Konley.

Williams vs. Riddle is a mystery.

Nese vs. Kaasa is Saturday's dark horse match.

Page vs. Lio Rush is hampered by Ethan Page.

Top Bottom