• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

imBask

Banned
I must be the Golden Child because all these 'buggy as shit' games that I play I'm able to finish without any major issues.

10/10 Witcher 3 best game evar left me with 5 quests I can't even finish due to bugs though

the DLC was better and lengthier than many games that came out this year

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, nerd-ass motherfuckers. We'll do a wrasslegaf goty poll later this year so some of you can get that bullshit out of your system. Myself included.

Hot Sauce Williams vs. Martin Stone could be a sleeper match on the card.

That'll be an interesting match for sure, would be good to see Stone have more of a prominent role rather than just putting guys over, although I'm sure Williams wins this one.

No idea who Lio Rush or Fred Yehi is.

Fred Yehi's quite highly regarded by those in the know, appears for a few southern indies that don't get noticed much by the internet, but it's good to see Gabe scouting further afield than just relying on other promotions to find the 'next big thing' he can pinch.

Don't worry, nerd-ass motherfuckers. We'll do a wrasslegaf goty poll later this year so some of you can get that bullshit out of your system. Myself included.

Rig the poll like WCW's old polls did and make every vote for a game other than Life Is Strange also count as a vote for Life Is Strange.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rig the poll like WCW's old polls did and make every vote for a game other than Life Is Strange also count as a vote for Life Is Strange.

Anyone who has played Life is Strange will be voting for Life is Strange. That's a done deal.

That'll be an interesting match for sure, would be good to see Stone have more of a prominent role rather than just putting guys over, although I'm sure Williams wins this one.

Fred Yehi's quite highly regarded by those in the know, appears for a few southern indies that don't get noticed much by the internet, but it's good to see Gabe scouting further afield than just relying on other promotions to find the 'next big thing' he can pinch.

A quick Google search found this post on Walls of Jerichoholic about Yehi. Platinum Championship Wrestling is where Styles and Jimmy Rave had a fairly hyped match, if I remember correctly. The post made his style seem like it would be a good fit for Evolve, so I'm intrigued.

I legitimately don't understand how anyone could say that Mario Maker, an actual outlet for sadists, could be GOTY. But then again I've never liked level makers or things like that.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, Daredevil is the best TV ever. Ev. Er.

tumblr_nmqxpjbekj1rdsiguo1_500.gif

I'm going to look hipster as fuck come the GotY season when everyone is packing their list full of mammoth open world titles like Witcher 3, MGS5, Fallout 4 etc and then half of mine is inevitably filled with sidescrollers with none of the big hitters in sight.
I can keep on trucking with my 2D games in 2015 but I swiftly revived my open world fatigue playing the first 2 hours of Witcher 3 so far.
Heck I don't even know what my actual GotY is so far.

Wrasslegaf tells me to go with Life is Strange for my episodic story based needs and my friends insist that Tales from the Borderlands is actually legit even if you don't give a crap about said series, maybe I can squeeze in both...during download sales season of course.

Heel

I legitimately don't understand how anyone could say that Mario Maker, an actual outlet for sadists, could be GOTY. But then again I've never liked level makers or things like that.

Nintendo harnessed the power of self-congratulation and satisfaction. Look at any of these dudes pushing their level codes on strangers. They think it's good because they made it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only thing I can remember from my brief time on it was that it had nice graphics. Are you enjoying it?

It's my second favorite AC game. They actually do a good job of cutting all the excess bullshit(like boats and the hotel/bar upgrades from Unity) and tone down the collectibles.

the setting and the supporting characters are pretty good as well and I like the Spider-Man launcher
I'm going to look hipster as fuck come the GotY season when everyone is packing their list full of mammoth open world titles like Witcher 3, MGS5, Fallout 4 etc and then half of mine is inevitably filled with sidescrollers with none of the big hitters in sight.
I can keep on trucking with my 2D games in 2015 but I swiftly revived my open world fatigue playing the first 2 hours of Witcher 3 so far.

Wrasslegaf tells me to go with Life is Strange for my episodic story based needs and my friends insist that Tales from the Borderlands is actually legit even if you don't give a crap about said series, maybe I can squeeze in both...during download sales season of course.

It's funny when people say open world fatigue because to me the worst fatigue right now is 'retro 8-bit inspired SNES pandering nostalgia cash-ins that people don't realize are cash-ins' puzzle platformers

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

They're both totally worth your time and really excellent. I love them both.

Worry not Heel, i'll give you first access to my new and improved 2.0 versions of Owl originals in Mario Maker, now with checkpoints.
I insist, truly.

It's funny when people say open world fatigue because to me the worst fatigue right now is 'retro 8-bit inspired SNES pandering nostalgia cash-ins that people don't realize are cash-ins' puzzle platformers
The twist being puzzle platformers were barely even a thing back in those days, it was action all the way.

In fairness I was fatigued by the open world format back when Red Dead Redemption was the hot new thing on the block.

They're both totally worth your time and really excellent. I love them both.
Under consideration.

Heel

Worry not Heel, i'll give you first access to my new and improved 2.0 versions of Owl originals in Mario Maker, now with checkpoints.
I insist truly.

To be fair, I only say this after I saw the glee on a 10 year old boy's face as I died again and again in his torturous, pixel-perfect hell world. There's clearly something to it.

For the adults out there, I offer an alternative with a similar feel of satisfaction: Invite some friends and family over and cook them a delicious meal.

imBask

Banned
Bayonetta 2 was great indeed

okay i'm going to review my statement : no game that forces me/is preferably played with the gamepad will ever be GOTY

Sephzilla

What's WrassleGAF's favorite movie(s) of the year?

okay i'm going to review my statement : no game that forces me/is preferably played with the gamepad will ever be GOTY

Well, to play levels in Mario Maker you don't have to use the gamepad ever

I don't have open world fatigue. I think I'm immune to it. You give me an open world to explore with interesting aesthetics and a bunch of collectibles and objectives and I'll easily sink 30+ hours into it - what really annoys me, however, is how so many developers fail to realise the potential of open game worlds and instead prefer to fall back on having an epic, cinematic, film-like storyline that makes up the meat of the experience. If more developers or, hell, even one developer attempted to make an open world that's driven by player choice and action rather than merely serving as a backdrop from some sub-Hollywood level bullshit plot, it'd really help move the genre along in a significant way.

no WiiU game will ever be GOTY
Considering that last year sites would sooner begrudgingly hand GotY awards over to the few mediocre open world games for being open world games with a sizeable budget while burying a GOAT calibre 2D platformer for being a 2D platformer in 2014 you are not wrong my friend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Considering that last year sites would sooner begrudgingly hand GotY awards over to the few mediocre open world games for being open world games with a sizeable budget while burying a GOAT calibre 2D platformer for being a 2D platformer in 2014 you are not wrong my friend.

You and I are going to fight friend because I feel like last years sites would rather give 2d platformers a 'budget pass' on every aspect of their creation and playing and rather nitpick every open world game to bare bones because 'well big team'
What's WrassleGAF's favorite movie(s) of the year?

Ask again on Friday
-4e0cfa11-6262-4a96-9a15-7d39ef607518.gif

Jamie OD

I'm at the WWE house show in Dublin. Arrived late and was told by friends that Ric Flair called Finn Bálor Fit Finlay during the show opening.

Menome

Had to roll my eyes at the meltdowns last year from GAFfers who couldn't comprehend that Bayonetta 2 wasn't getting GOTY awards everywhere else because of the simple fact it was a niche product on an unpopular console and people just hadn't played it.

klonere

Banned
I'm at the WWE house show in Dublin. Arrived late and was told by friends that Ric Flair called Finn Bálor Fit Finlay during the show opening.

good shit, I was going to head along to that but my grad is tomorrow and I live in Wexford atm so I couldn't really spring for three hotel nights up in Dublin. Also the show is headlined by fucking KANE IN 2015. HOUSE SHOW KANE IN 2015 is not something I want to pay to see.

Top Bottom