• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

bjork

friend Fox, this is for you

cesaro1dxo04.gif

overpriced import with no market value

do I mean the car or the man

you make the call

shaowebb

I just noticed this but Braun Strowman is the best thing to happen to the Wyatt Family. He's such a fucking monster but he can actually move his body unlike Kane and Beeg. The Wyatts feel like an actual threat of a stable instead of being Bray and his two henchmen.

ViciousMetallicDutchshepherddog.gif

That's a goddamn mastodon right there.

Too bad its piss dull to watch him in the ring

Triangle choke bearhug? Grab and throw? Knee to gut? He knows how to stomp and look scary when moving towards folks, but once he gets there he doesn't have much to excite the crowd. Its pretty well all up to the opponent to sell for him, and his gimmick is a hand me down of bearded backwoods cult follower. He's more a prop to Wyatt than his own thing and thats kind of a waste.

Honestly with Kane and Taker both being so over the hill at their age, they need guys like Braun Strowman, but they need better persona's more. I'd love for the guy to get time to train up with dude's like Taker and Kane in the back on how to handle a big guy persona and use his size to show impactful moves. You can't just punch or kick. With height like his he should be doing more Vertical oriented or lift moves. Its nice he does powerslams and the occassional press slam but the guy could really stand to throw in some gutwrench moves, some deadlifts off the ground, some release moves, some pancake slams, heck even a nice old powerbomb would be great.

He's a giant. He can move like one but he can't wrestle like one yet. Honestly if the dude had showed up and just done another Taker/Kane style gimmick it would have been better for him. He could have played off vets, used their moves, and been built in a gimmick that needs someone to take it over at this point and prepped for it by its originators. In other words i'd have gone full Tiger Mask with the Taker/Kane genre of characters and handed off the thing to this guy and prepped him for the role for a year instead of just throwing him in with Wyatt. Damn crowd is silent during these matches...

i wonder if 3rd strike fans are still butthurt over the roster, i should check out the the SFV thread

I'm just bitter about the game in general, played a few hours on the beta last week and it just doesn't feel right to me - I'll probably get used to it, but 3s remains the king as far as I can see.

Verendus

Banned

Triangle choke bearhug? Grab and throw? Knee to gut? He knows how to stomp and look scary when moving towards folks, but once he gets there he doesn't have much to excite the crowd. Its pretty well all up to the opponent to sell for him, and his gimmick is a hand me down of bearded backwoods cult follower. He's more a prop to Wyatt than his own thing and thats kind of a waste.

Honestly with Kane and Taker both being so over the hill at their age, they need guys like Braun Strowman, but they need better persona's more. I'd love for the guy to get time to train up with dude's like Taker and Kane in the back on how to handle a big guy persona and use his size to show impactful moves. You can't just punch or kick. With height like his he should be doing more Vertical oriented or lift moves. Its nice he does powerslams and the occassional press slam but the guy could really stand to throw in some gutwrench moves, some deadlifts off the ground, some release moves, some pancake slams, heck even a nice old powerbomb would be great.

He's a giant. He can move like one but he can't wrestle like one yet. Honestly if the dude had showed up and just done another Taker/Kane style gimmick it would have been better for him. He could have played off vets, used their moves, and been built in a gimmick that needs someone to take it over at this point and prepped for it by its originators. In other words i'd have gone full Tiger Mask with the Taker/Kane genre of characters and handed off the thing to this guy and prepped him for the role for a year instead of just throwing him in with Wyatt. Damn crowd is silent during these matches...
It's kind of crazy to me that Undertaker had his best year in the ring back in 2007. It seemed like everything came together at that time; his experience, his athleticism, and just knowing how to put on a good match. He also looked the best he ever had in his entire career.

Clearly, it's all thanks to Brotista bringing out the best in him.

klonere

Banned
Alicia Fox shaved her head into a mohawk...
12144322_132865497071906_2026149417_n.jpg

She is probably the most fashion model like of all the divas I think. Just really interesting to look at.

Was that creepy.

it's literally the easiest shit

he keeps getting screwed out of the title, or coming super close to winning it (which has actually been the storyline for him)

he gets fed up and joins the authority, wrecks ambrose and other fan favourites. shits on the fans for ruining his moment at the rumble this year. authority loses old man glen and gains a legit, young athletic beast. makes the authority look strong and makes roman look strong.

eventually roman loses a big match to someone important, authority gets on his ass about it, he doesn't like that very much, babyface turn. it's really easy. they did it with the rock, and it worked.

I have a bad feeling that if they weren't going to turn Roman post Mania they never were going to do it.

I still really hope for an angle like this though. It sets up babyface Rollins vs HHH as well.

Two tin cans and some string?

I don't know anything about Ireland other than The Troubles.

For a country that has the European HQ for Google, Facebook, Amazon, Intel, Microsoft and others, internet outside the centre of Dublin is super spotty.

With a username like Mahonay you can be an honorary internet Irish person.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I have no idea whether Strongman can work because all he does is throw people away from him and no-sell shit. That's mostly just booking.

miserable

I'm just bitter about the game in general, played a few hours on the beta last week and it just doesn't feel right to me - I'll probably get used to it, but 3s remains the king as far as I can see.

for me it was the opposite, i went in the beta thinking it's gonna be a sf IV clone, but i was pleasantly surprised by the gameplay. as for 3rd strike, i am not a fan but ocasionally i still play it even though i suck at it because i like them 2d grafix and the soundtrack is great

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been on 50 pages forever since you guys post too many jif's and the old iPad's and their low memory couldn't cope without crashing the browser.

But I guess that's no longer needed now that it has 2GB, I should probably make the switch.

Nope, 2 GB ipad still ain't enough for this thread on 100. Maybe the pro could work.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i wonder if 3rd strike fans are still butthurt over the roster, i should check out the the SFV thread

3S fans are the biggest crybaby marks in the entire video game universe. They'll never accept that the reason 2D fighters nearly died off was that no one cared for the new generation of talent and that everyone preferred the WCW like old fogies who appeared in SF IV.

But, but, godly spritework and fun systems. Doesn't excuse the awful sales, jack.

bjork

Needs to be at least 1 hour long. Flair's life IS wrasslin

It'll be more about his divorces and money problems, watch.

3S fans are the biggest crybaby marks in the entire video game universe.

I think you meant to say Shenmue fans. They pissed and moaned for a decade to get a part 3, then they beat everyone over the head with the kickstarter, then when the first screens come up they're all "this isn't up to my expectations."

bjork

I don't think I'm getting Fallout 4 day one, but I will be a lame-o and buy some of that quantum cola at target.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I think you meant to say Shenmue fans. They pissed and moaned for a decade to get a part 3, then they beat everyone over the head with the kickstarter, then when the first screens come up they're all "this isn't up to my expectations."

That is a good goddamn counter. I'd say it's close. A lot of Shenmue 3 fans are goddamned bandwagoners that have never played the absolute turd that is Shenmue.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That is a good goddamn counter. I'd say it's close. A lot of Shenmue 3 fans are goddamned bandwagoners that have never played the absolute turd that is Shenmue.

I played Forklift Simulator when it came out.

It accurately showed what having a job and performing repetitive tasks is like.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Considering a Roomba 650. And Wrasslegaffers own one? Thoughts? Thinking of snagging a refurb by manufacturer for $299.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I played Forklift Simulator when it came out.

It accurately showed what having a job and performing repetitive tasks is like.

It's not even a fun chore simulator.

Plus for a game derived from the idea of Virtua Fighter RPG it takes a fucking dog age to get into a fight in Shenmue 1.

C'mon man don't be like that. When it came out it was so different than anything before it, and it was so ambitious.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Notice how this month has got two days left in it yet like Bob Backlund the October thread has sunk into the mid card? Nashvember burning clean, brah.

bjork

C'mon man don't be like that. When it came out it was so different than anything before it, and it was so ambitious.

All I remember from it:
- walk around a house and look in drawers
- go buy capsule toys
- there's a cat in a box
- go knock on doors of people who all conveniently had very similar last names, trying to find someone
- you could go to an arcade and play an actual good Yu Suzuki game.

When GameFan's blurb said "Shenmue = Japanese for 'boring'" they were right on.

klonere

Banned
Notice how this month has got two days left in it yet like Bob Backlund the October thread has sunk into the mid card? Nashvember burning clean, brah.

The WrassleGAF brand is bigger than any name you care to attach to it so the newest, hottest thread from the brand will draw higher ratings no doubt. #CorporateEra

I've been burning through Lucha Underground and it's as good as everyone said. You can't be mad at WWE when such a great promotion like that exists. Any word on a video game? Make it happen.

Nash sucks, an thassa' shoot. I thought it was a running joke around here where people say they want this every November, but nobody really does.

^^^^^Oh, yea. Pentagon Jr. rocks.

Top Bottom