• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Arn Anderson & Larry Zbyszko vs Dustin Rhodes & Ricky Steamboat is considered the best old school proper tag team wrestling match of all time by a lot of folks.

Steiners vs Luger & Sting Superbrawl 91
Funks vs Hansen and Brody
Steiners vs Miracle Violence Connection NWA
Steiners vs Hart Brothers
Steiners vs Hase & Sasaki

Even when people claim the TLC stuff, Jeff was the only guy who could have maybe wrestled main eventers. Tag team has never been as over as it used to be. The early 90s and 80s were full of tag teams that were more over than world champions and guys that were booked stronger than some world champions.
There was a mini revival in the WWE a few years ago with Hell No, Dust Brothers, the Shield, the Wyatts that almost went somewhere amazing.

Arn Anderson & Larry Zbyszko vs Dustin Rhodes & Ricky Steamboat is considered the best old school proper tag team wrestling match of all time by a lot of folks.

Even when people claim the TLC stuff, Jeff was the only guy who could have maybe wrestled main eventers. Tag team has never been as over as it used to be. The early 90s and 80s were full of tag teams that were more over than world champions and guys that were booked stronger than some world champions.

Will check these out, much appreciated.

There was a mini revival in the WWE a few years ago with Hell No, Dust Brothers, the Shield, the Wyatts that almost went somewhere amazing.

You (appropriately) forgot the Usos.

It really sucks there's no tag division now. Even with hot acts like Hell No, Shield, or New Day the tag titles never feel important and most groups are just launching pads for singles careers.

Mengetsu

Happy Halloween
3AQmK.gif

FbO8JqL.png

DMczaf

Poor Meltzer his news on Alberto contract was all wrong:

His actual downside can be as low as 500,000. Basically when the Lucha deal went bust he decided to go back to the WWE.

Get ready some Alberto Del Jobbo

Roman needs some wins post title win

Guys I need some info. My buddy wanted to know who was the original Kane before they went to the new current one. Thanks in advance.

Always the same guy, but got old. Jacobs was clearly working for the company for a long time beforehand.

Easy to see why people get confused though. Kane's physique in his prime was fucking bonkers.

Menome

As I'm a bit late in booking I've not got the greatest seats in the world but it is only a medium-sized venue, so I'm not going to be miles away like the sports arenas on TV.

West Balcony D-40, so I'll have a good view of the entrances.

QNmryeQ.png

Colocho

Banned
Why does everyone keep thinking Reigns is gonna win at Survivor Series? It totally makes sense to put the belt on him right now, but that's just not gonna happen. Rollins is set for his year long reign while giving Roman the rub at WM32, the Ambrose heel turn is imminent for SS while giving Roman an interesting program battling his long time friend.

I may be drunk right now, but goddamnmit I'm willing to put my avatar on the line if Reigns wins the title before Mania.

Recall

Reigns should win the title match at Royal Rumble, steam roll right through the rematch at Fast Lane and defeat Brock at Wrestlemania in a highly competitive drawn out match.

There is no downside to mixing it up with a new champ and if it fails miserably either from the poor booking or lack of effort from Reigns then you can always drop it back to Seth.

Reigns should win the title match at Royal Rumble, steam roll right through the rematch at Fast Lane and defeat Brock at Wrestlemania in a highly competitive drawn out match.

There is no downside to mixing it up with a new champ and if it fails miserably either from the poor booking or lack of effort from Reigns then you can always drop it back to Seth.

I dunno if that's wise. Seth needs to move on to something else after this, whether it's an HHH feud or a face turn or both. You guys can talk about how good he is at being a shit eater, but he's actually really likable in the matches where he is allowed to wrestle and his gimmick both stifles that and is generally kind of boring.

What's Seth gonna say tonight 'Despite the fact I ran away yet again, I am obviously the greatest, Hunter and Steph are my real parents and this town has a bad sports team' *continues in this vein for 20 minutes*

He's a heel on paper and it tastes like paper.

Geez watching this Sting Blu-Ray stuff is just bringing up memories of how stupid they were at WM to make it the nWo who came out to make the 'save' for him. :|

Did anyone booking that shit even watch WCW? lol. Or they just didn't even care?

Fox318

Did anyone go as hhh?

Screaming at people saying that he's over, taking everyone's belt claiming its his, spitting in people's faces, singing motorheads lyrics then forgetting them, and handing out juice to everyone.

Fox318

Geez watching this Sting Blu-Ray stuff is just bringing up memories of how stupid they were at WM to make it the nWo who came out to make the 'save' for him. :|

Did anyone booking that shit even watch WCW? lol. Or they just didn't even care?
Nope.

They brought them out because the two of them couldn't work a modern 30 minute match.

Menome

Anyone who's been to a UK House Show: Do they tend to feature autograph-signing sessions etc. before or after the show, or do people hang around the stage entrance out back?

I'm too old for waiting around in the cold for a just-for-fun thing that I can live without.

Jamie OD

Anyone who's been to a UK House Show: Do they tend to feature autograph-signing sessions etc. before or after the show, or do people hang around the stage entrance out back?

I'm too old for waiting around in the cold for a just-for-fun thing that I can live without.

They usually hold signings at toy/book/music shops around the area on the day of the show but not at the shows themselves. Instead at intermission they advertise autographed photos available at the merch stands. I don't know how easy or difficult it is to meet wrestlers after the show.

Menome

They usually hold signings at toy/book/music shops around the area on the day of the show but not at the shows themselves. Instead at intermission they advertise autographed photos available at the merch stands. I don't know how easy or difficult it is to meet wrestlers after the show.

Just had a look, the local one for me is Bray Wyatt. I'll pass on that one.

And you lot had better be ready for about 300 photographs of Damien Sandow if he's there.

they changed up who is appearing in glasgow. for months it's been seth now i guess he's gonna be in wales that night? kind of a bummer. in return we're getting roman and dean. well i say boo. that's what i say to that.

edit:

they've added team bad. so we'll get to see sasha. nevermind. all is well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cult of Personality is on GH TV.

I know proclaim Guitar Hero Live to be the best wrestling game of this decade.

Zach

Be still my heart.

Best tag match? Kobashi and Kikuchi vs The Can-Am Express. The Misawa and Kobashi vs Holy Demon Army (Taue & Kawada) series is amazing as well. Funks vs Jumbo & Baba from, iirc, the 78 real tag league finals, also any Funks vs Brody & Hansen match.

So there's only been one? He thinks the first one had more of a muscle tone on top. I tell him it's same one as now but he thinks there was one before the current. Ty for response.

I thought you were a fellow Kaneanite friend, you should never have had to ask about the authenticity of Good Guy Glenn's role.

Zach

It really sucks there's no tag division now. Even with hot acts like Hell No, Shield, or New Day the tag titles never feel important and most groups are just launching pads for singles careers.
How are we supposed to believe that carrying around those hideous tag belts is an achievement anyway?

Wrasslin historians, what are the best tag team matches? Just watched Angle/Benoit vs. Mysterio/Edge at No Mercy 2002 and god damn.

Might not be too easy to find, but from AAA When Worlds Collide, the Two out of three falls Lucha de Apuestas (mask vs. hair) match between Octagón and El Hijo del Santo vs. La Pareja del Terror (Art Barr and Eddie Guerrero) is a killer. Art Barr would be dead 17 days after this match, so it's a bummer, but it's a brilliant match with a hell of a post match payoff.

Top Bottom