• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I find it hilarious how Seth Rollins is trending high and near the bottom is Sheamus.

I wonder if they will bring James Storm up to the main roster as a surprise entrant along with Rhyno and everyone favorite Jericho.

I also wonder if Balor is called up because of it.

Somebody like Storm or Rhyno would work pretty well but it'd defeat the purpose of Storm ever having gone to NXT to come up now.

Did we ever get an idea why Jericho was the 3rd man a couple of months about? Did somebody fall through? He's not been seen since which makes no sense of him turning up in the first place.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
BTW, if they're going to do a tournament, why does it have to be all in one night? Can't they have the first round this week on Raw, 2nd round next week, and semi-finals / finals at the PPV? That seems much more interesting to me.

That's what I was saying. Just have the semifinals and the finals at RR. You can't have these guys wrestling 3 squash matches and 2 full matches.

Somebody like Storm or Rhyno would work pretty well but it'd defeat the purpose of Storm ever having gone to NXT to come up now.

Did we ever get an idea why Jericho was the 3rd man a couple of months about? Did somebody fall through? He's not been seen since which makes no sense of him turning up in the first place.

They wanted a mystery guy and Jericho is currently signed as an active wrestler and doesn't require them to do anything or set up basically anything.

KingBroly

Banned
The obvious Final right now is Reigns v _____. Owens or Sheamus is your best bet. If you're going for a swerve, you'd take Reigns out and replace him with someone who won't win, but someone the fans are clamoring to win.

Aiii

So not worth it
There best part about this happening now (I feel bad for Seth, so I'm not implying his injury is a good thing) is that Cena and Orton are gone too. I hope that Cena isn't returning at least.

It forces WWE to not fall back on them, Cena especially. If he was around, he would 100% be the champ straight away.

Heel

Ya'll act like Cena isn't a phone call away from returning in exchange for a title run. Sounds like wishful thinking, friends.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
pl1sBL9.png

Fox318

The obvious Final right now is Reigns v _____. Owens or Sheamus is your best bet. If you're going for a swerve, you'd take Reigns out and replace him with someone who won't win, but someone the fans are clamoring to win.

Owens would get a face pop if he wins

I like the idea of Ambrose getting injured early in the tournament and still giving Reigns a big fight in the end.

It'd be better if Reigns is attacked in the tournament and Ambrose makes the save.

And then for Ambrose to get attacked, only for Reigns not to show up, explaining that he was busy getting his injuries looked at or something.

And then in the actual match, Reigns shows initial remorse for Ambrose, but then wrecks the hell out of him, without hesitation..especially after Ambrose keeps kicking out and fighting back.

Anth0ny

Honestly, I can see Reigns beating Owens or Cesaro in the finals, Sheamus cashes in, and Reigns beats Sheamus.

I honestly can't imagine Sheamus actually winning the title anytime between now and Mania. It seems crazy. just sacrifice him to god king reigns.

Lothar

Banned
A Reigns heel turn is predictable?

I'm pretty sure it's still just a smark's wet dream. Predictable is Roman just steamrolling everyone and winning, as a babyface. Which is 99% the likely outcome.

There's a good chance of it since fans won't accept Reigns as a face and they need a strong heel in the Authority to make up for Seth being gone.

Hey guys. I posted here for a bit around SummerSlam but I've been gone for a bit, so probably nobody remembers at all.

Anyway, I'm going through PROGRESS Wrestling from the start and I've been wondering if anyone here would be interested in reviews of it?

Ithil

Don't know if this was posted, but Alvarez is saying that there are meetings going on right now and the whole tournament idea could be changed.

Sounds like the tournament idea was their kneejerk reaction Seth's injury results today. How they're gonna actually do it will probably change five times by Monday.

Because the only time WWE really cares about health issues regarding their talent is when it's become a PR concern.

All those Raw's, all those wrestling two opponents on a PPV.
I mean I know this was an accident and not wear and tear, but dude protect the guy a little.

So another Vanilla Midget drops the ball? This is why Bork should've held on to the title instead of beating up an old man at two PPVs in a row.

Sounds like the tournament idea was their kneejerk reaction Seth's injury results today. How they're gonna actually do it will probably change five times by Monday.

Reigns should be handed the title, since he did win the tournament.

Brock should come out and challenge him. Reigns wants to prove he could have beat Lesnar at Mania. Reigns doesn't want to back down.

Lesnar goes over.

Then Sheamus cashes in.

Lesnar/Sheamus/Reigns at Royal Rumble

Or since we can't really have Lesnar go over Reigns, Sheamus can just cash in during the match, repeating the Mania spot.

You never like to see anyone get injured, but you know, I'm glad WWE is doing this tournament. It definitely creates a draw for a show that I wasn't giving two shits about, and having a guaranteed new world champion is always a huge bonus. Sure, with 7 tournament matches and an obvious tag team and divas title match it means there won't be any classic survivor series matches the WWE has been crowing about over the last week, but hey, SS 1998 (the Deadly Game Tournament) is one of the best PPVs ever, so I don't see the problem.

Teeth

Damn these injuries. They seriously need to institute a 3 weeks on, 1 week off (minus 1 day for Raw). They get no break as it is and the injuries keep stacking. It's ridiculous.

Angry Grimace

You never like to see anyone get injured, but you know, I'm glad WWE is doing this tournament. It definitely creates a draw for a show that I wasn't giving two shits about, and having a guaranteed new world champion is always a huge bonus. Sure, with 7 tournament matches and an obvious tag team and divas title match it means there won't be any classic survivor series matches the WWE has been crowing about over the last week, but hey, SS 1998 (the Deadly Game Tournament) is one of the best PPVs ever, so I don't see the problem.

They should drag the Fink out for this so I'm guaranteed to hear him shout, "...and..............NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWE World Heavyweight Champion"

All of the other announcers just copy his delivery anyways, but nobody does it as good.

Just finished the Stone Cold/Mankind match on the '98 Survivor Series, and that was incredible. Shane's pixelated middle fingers are almost funnier than if they left them uncensored.

I may have to watch all the PPVs after this just to keep the storyline going.

Fox318

Damn these injuries. They seriously need to institute a 3 weeks on, 1 week off (minus 1 day for Raw). They get no break as it is and the injuries keep stacking. It's ridiculous.

Nonsense if Vince hasn't taken a day off in 50 years why should any other human?

I mean look at him

vince-mcmahon-back-split.jpg

I told you they should've ended Rollins era when they had the chance with The Demon Kane, shame he's been dragged off to parts unknown now.

Logically a tournament for the title favours a man who can win tournaments....
holy shit friends, it's time, it's FINALLY TIME!
zaTf540.gif

THE KING YET CURRENTLY UNCROWNED CHAMPION!
OPfWW1s.gif

BABABABABABABOOOOOOM!

I'm interested to see how Reigns title run turns out

Fox318

I told you they should've ended Rollins era when they had the chance with The Demon Kane, shame he's been dragged off to parts unknown now.

Logically a tournament for the title favours a man who can win tournaments....
holy shit friends, it's time, it's FINALLY TIME!
zaTf540.gif

THE KING YET CURRENTLY UNCROWNED CHAMPION!
OPfWW1s.gif

BABABABABABABOOOOOOM!

I'm interested to see how Reigns title run turns out

finally an injury works in Barrett's favor.

Lothar

Banned
Just finished the Stone Cold/Mankind match on the '98 Survivor Series, and that was incredible. Shane's pixelated middle fingers are almost funnier than if they left them uncensored.

I may have to watch all the PPVs after this just to keep the storyline going.

Watch the Raws too, not just the PPVs. In the Attitude Era, Raws are just as important if not more so than the PPVs. The December 98 PPV in particular is extremely not important compared to the Raws that month.

I really hope Roman doesn't win the tourney, and I don't really have anything against the guy. Matter of fact, Roman beating Rollins at Summer Slam was probably the best way to move the belt of Rollins. Roman had his big shit at Mania and loses out because of Rollins. This was supposed to be his big chance at redemption. Him picking the belt up off the ground because Seth hurt himself is anticlimactic and makes him look undeserving.

I'd be down with a Ambrose heel turn. Unlikely because he and Roman are best of bros, but they can always lean on the "lunatic fringe!" silliness.

Otherwise I'd like to see KO win it. Also kind of unlikely, but they could play it into that "favor" that Seth owes him. Plus I think Owens has a similar enough personality to Rollins that he could slide into Seth's place with the Authority, but he's also self-centered enough to subvert the Authority as well. Plus it gives KO more time and ammo to talk shit to Michael Cole.

Either option would give the WWE enough time to build up a feud between Roman and the champ and when the do give him the title it can be on a bigger/better stage.

Sheamus of course is the wild card. Something needs to be done about him. No one wants to see Sheamus with the belt.

finally an injury works in Barrett's favor.
After having numerous WWE/WHC/IC title runs end in injury in recent years I figure Barrett's glass limbs aren't much of a reason to hold back anymore, everyone is glass!
#GlassEra

Absolutely. He's on the exact same path as Triple H. Get over in a group, break out into a singles career as a heel, suffer a debilitating leg injury, and then come back as a huge babyface.

Hopefully he doesn't lose half of his in ring skills like Trips seemed to.

Top Bottom