• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
JpUVR1x.gif

Lol I remember that.

Mahonay

Banned
good lord

time to bring in a different guy who was a world champion this year, in an ironic... twist of fate
It makes me sad that WWE didn't see this as something bigger in this. I wasn't watching when Matt V1 was happening, but seeing that stuff now it seemed money as fuck. Why couldn't they have just let the feud with Edge develop further through out the year? It was an easy setup for an awesome revenge storyline.

It makes me sad that WWE didn't see this as something bigger in this. I wasn't watching when Matt V1 was happening, but seeing that stuff now it seemed money as fuck. Why couldn't they have just let the feud with Edge develop further through out the year? It was an easy setup for an awesome revenge storyline.

They were really set on Edge cashing in for the title

Ultratech

The belt's in a state of abeyance right now. AKA it's vacant. He already got stripped of the belt per WWE's official report of the injury because he's not regularly appearing for the next 6 months minimum (lol that they think they're fooling anyone thinking he's coming back from 3 tears in 6 months without roids though)

Vacant is on his 15th title reign, yes.

In relative news, Abeyance/Vacant has now passed Cena in Title Reigns.

Shadow780

Sorry to hear about Seth, he'll probably got that HHH pop in MSG when he returns.

instead of pushing young talents we are going to get all the old guys back, aren't we?

Did that seem like the better option at the time as a viewer? I have no context for Edge's progression at that time.

It was the first MITB. Back then they were actually trying to make the mitb holder look strong.

Wouldn't have made a ton of difference though, since edge was out with an injury for awhile shortly afterward.

Did that seem like the better option at the time as a viewer? I have no context for Edge's progression at that time.
No one expected it.

It was probably a gamble in their eyes but Vince had been pushing hard for Edge since 98'.

I think it was a great decision. Definitely built a new star since Eddie passed away. He was hot as a heel.

Mahonay

Banned
It was the first MITB. Back then they were actually trying to make the mitb holder look strong.

Wouldn't have made a ton of difference though, since edge was out with an injury for awhile shortly afterward.
No one expected it.

It was probably a gamble in their eyes but Vince had been pushing hard for Edge since 98'.

I think it was a great decision. Definitely built a new star since Eddie passed away. He was hot as a heel.

Ah ok. So just the wrong time for Matt to go for a big singles push. Sometimes the stars just refuse to align.

Matt fucked up his return promo and basically killed his heat. It was a better option to just feed him to Edge.

Ah ok. So just the wrong time for Matt to go for a big singles push. Sometimes the stars just refuse to align.
Being a big fan of both Matt and Edge at the time, you don't know how much I wanted a Matt and Edge fued over the big title(months later though) . Matt had everyone on his side. Shit was real. Only thing is, the timing was wrong. It was almost WM season and who would believe(well I could've) a Matt and Edge main event?

Sorry to hear about Seth, he'll probably got that HHH pop in MSG when he returns.

instead of pushing young talents we are going to get all the old guys back, aren't we?

It's really hard to argue against the old guys anymore. Really really really hard now.

Like, say whatever the fuck you want about Rock, or Show, or Kane, or Batista, etc. But their breaks were always due to movies. None of them have suffered an in-ring injury causing them to miss time while they were around in years. Meantime no indy scrub yet has been safe from injury or looking stupid

Vince was right.

At this point the funniest old guy option would be HHH getting in the tournament and winning

"Fuck these weak scrubs, guess I gotta do everything myself"

Matt fucked up his return promo and basically killed his heat. It was a better option to just feed him to Edge.
Which one?
It's really hard to argue against the old guys anymore. Really really really hard now.

Like, say whatever the fuck you want about Rock, or Show, or Kane, or Batista, etc. But their breaks were always due to movies. None of them have suffered an in-ring injury causing them to miss time while they were around in years. Meantime no indy scrub yet has been safe from injury or looking stupid

Vince was right.
People give Rocky shit for leaving but at the time, he did a hell of a lot in 6 years. And if he wanted he could come back and do 15 years because he didn't allow his body to get beat down like everyone else. He was smart. You can't blame him. Wrestling was his second choice.

Edge's first reign was fucking garbage too LMAO
Right like I said, the timing of it was what killed it. 2 months before Mania. He wasn't built for the main event in their eyes at the time. Hunter wasn't going to let him main event over him. But it's funny that most people remember his match against Mick more than they do that title match.

I don't mind hunter winning, it would be funny as hell

Ultratech

At this point the funniest old guy option would be HHH getting in the tournament and winning

Shit, it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

(And would be kinda funny until he wins the whole thing.)

triple-h-wants-one-undisputed-champion-wwe-620x350_crop_north.jpg

On a serious note though i would mark out for triple h winning his 14th world title. He really is WWE perfect fall guy if they really need someone to take the title.

Vince was right.

Working safer also helps

Bronx-Man

Banned
Out of all the options I've seen in this thread, the only ones that don't bored the fuck outta me are RVD and 2008 Chris Jericho.

Big One

Banned
Yeah it was pretty clear Seth hurt himself bad.

Reigns clearly getting the belt. Either that or a transitional winner for SHeamus.

somedevil

So why is Lesnar not in the discussion for the belt?

Cause he doesn't have enough dates to win the title. He only had one date left this year for a house show. After that he wouldn't be back till January.

If you want him to work more dates equals more money for Brock.

Plus Swagger is lucky that now is feuding with Alberto he can get a tournament spot now!

The Lesnar suplex moment was just a backflip. Anyone experienced in doing those would have been fine.

A front flip from the top rope, when you can't really see and judge the distance? Different story.

Owzers

I don't like the Del Rio/ Zeb Colter thing, kinda switched to thunder/bulls and browns/bengals right after del rio made it to the ring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cause he doesn't have enough dates to win the title. He only had one date left this year for a house show. After that he wouldn't be back till January.

If you want him to work more dates equals more money for Brock.

Plus Swagger is lucky that now is feuding with Alberto he can get a tournament spot now!
even if they paid lesnar to take the strap the reality is that you have have him around to defend it at least sometimes.

Top Bottom