• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'm currently watching starcade 95. Poor Eddie Guerrero is the most vanilla of vanilla midgets in this backstage promo but GOAT Mean Gene is subtly coaching him through some easy talking points.

Reigns ain't Bryan. (For one, he's better.)

aeG5Wua.gif

Starcade 95 has had two good opening matches with liger/Benoit and Kanemoto/wright but this Nashville Tennessee crowd is dead as a door nail.

Wagram

Absolutely terrible situation for Rollins. Really sucks for him. This is there opportunity to shoot Cesaro, Bray, and Owens to the moon. Let's all watch as they squander it.

Zach

I can't believe what I'm reading about Triple H winning the Royal Rumble as a good guy and then winning the championship at WrestleMania.

I mean, I can believe it. It just seems so short-sighted.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stop cool guy Data Westing me and tell me why I should thank Art Barr.

Eddie had no personality when he was in the Love Machines with Art Barr. Barr was all the character and personality which is what got him the huge feud with Santo.

Eddie learned from watching Art.

I can't believe what I'm reading about Triple H winning the Royal Rumble as a good guy and then winning the championship at WrestleMania.

I mean, I can believe it. It just seems so short-sighted.

It was never said if he'd win or not

Which would have meant Rollins would have likely broken Punk's record

But noooooo they're not petty :p

Zach

Eddie had no personality when he was in the Love Machines with Art Barr. Barr was all the character and personality which is what got him the huge feud with Santo.

Eddie learned from watching Art.
Soooo did this somehow happen between face WCW Eddie and heel WCW Eddie? I thought he was out for a bit with an injury, but they could've worked me, brother.

Matt fucked up his return promo and basically killed his heat. It was a better option to just feed him to Edge.

Which one?

His very first one coming back from injury. The "I wish you would get into a car accident" one. No joke, J.R.'s reaction to that line is still incredible.

That promo was bad, made worse when Edge cuts his response promo and fucking erased Hardy. Listen to that promo and then Matt's again. It made Hardy look so fucking minor league.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Soooo did this somehow happen between face WCW Eddie and heel WCW Eddie? I thought he was out for a bit with an injury, but they could've worked me, brother.

Barr was a heel. Eddie was a white meat babyface in WCW, so he had no reason to cut promos or show any character, so he couldn't put any of that into action until they gave him the creative freedom that being a heel provides.

Fox318

It was never said if he'd win or not

Which would have meant Rollins would have likely broken Punk's record

But noooooo they're not petty :p
In the largest crowd the wwe will ever perform at most likly they book a heel to go over?

Just like rock wanting to be on the card because of the record setting numbers you just know Steph and HHH want to be viewed as the main draw. The main part. Just like the look back at Hogan and Andre they will be able to call back to two members of the McMahon family, the future ceo, and most likely the largest holders of class a stock.

It's so fucking stupid I believe it to be true.

In the largest crowd the wwe will ever perform at most likly they book a heel to go over?

Just like rock wanting to be on the card because of the record setting numbers you just know Steph and HHH want to be viewed as the main draw. The main part. Just like the look back at Hogan and Andre they will be able to call back to two members of the McMahon family, the future ceo, and most likely the largest holders of class a stock.

It's so fucking stupid I believe it to be true.

The main event was gonna be Brock/Rock, so I'd like to believe Seth would have went over.

But then they'd erase Punk out of pettiness completely in the process. And HHH would look for sympathy while fans jeer him for a third time on a televised event (never forget "YOU TAPPED OUT" after the Brock match when he Charlie Brown walked to the back)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny how they try to associate Eddie and Malenko and all of them with ECW like 'we appreciated them first' when Raven talks about how the fans would chant 'boring' during their early matches so often that Malenko would tell them to shut the fuck up

Malenko would tell them this is real life

DMczaf

Daniel Bryan didn't get into the Observer HOF because only 12% of the active wrestlers that vote put him on their ballots.

He had the 2nd most votes with reporters

Fox318

The main event was gonna be Brock/Rock, so I'd like to believe Seth would have went over.

But then they'd erase Punk out of pettiness completely in the process. And HHH would look for sympathy while fans jeer him for a third time on a televised event (never forget "YOU TAPPED OUT" after the Brock match when he Charlie Brown walked to the back)
Pretty short sighted not to try and use the biggest stage to build a star.

I know that the main event changed for mania 19 but Brock main eventing with angle helped both guys out.

Lugar was massively over, it's why I laugh at comparisons to Reigns

I wasn't comparing their overness, Reigns would always lose that battle. Luger was stunning. I was just comparing situations where if you draw something out longer than fans want, eventually they won't care.

If WWE ever pulled the trigger on Luger, who knows what would have happened. But they never did. They never gave him that belt.

And then he went to WCW, and they had that same chance, with the benefit of him already being stupidly over. And they still held off. Then it happened and nobody gave a fuck anymore.

Sometimes when you see an opportunity, you have to take advantage of it. Have to. You cannot take the chance that people with money to part in droves will just always wait as long as you're willing to keep them waiting.

Gonzalez

Banned
Barr was a heel. Eddie was a white meat babyface in WCW, so he had no reason to cut promos or show any character, so he couldn't put any of that into action until they gave him the creative freedom that being a heel provides.
Yeah it's kind of amazing how much sleaze Eddie borrowed from Art when he went heel in WCW.

Foffy

Banned
Dave says Mania plans got fucked up. Plans were Brock/Rock, Seth/HHH, Roman/Dean. Face HHH/Seth would have been for the belt

I guess Roman really wasn't ready if he was to be taken out of the main event for Mania.

They kinda have no choice to put him in there now.

Top Bottom