• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah it was pretty clear Seth hurt himself bad.

Reigns clearly getting the belt. Either that or a transitional winner for SHeamus.
That depends if they are okay with the belt being meaningless.
Sheamus has been preshow on B-tier PPVs for a while now.

Recall

Solely on the talent they have and the typical booking style we've seen in the last few years I'm going to suggest a tournament bracket like this.

Opening Round Matches
Alberto Del Rio
Vs.
Cesaro

Dean Ambrose
Vs
Kevin Owens

Roman Reigns
Vs.
Bray Wyatt

Dolph Ziggler
Vs.
Sheamus

Semi Finals
Alberto Del Rio
Vs.
Dean Ambrose

Roman Reigns
Vs.
Sheamus

Final
Roman Reigns
Vs.
Dean Ambrose

Bonus
Sheamus appears cashes in brief case after the final ends and loses.

Carnby

Lol @ you marks who think we are getting a Survivor Series 1998 when we're really getting a Survivor Series 1999.

Colocho

Banned
Solely on the talent they have and the typical booking style we've seen in the last few years I'm going to suggest a tournament bracket like this.

Opening Round Matches
Alberto Del Rio
Vs.
Cesaro

Dean Ambrose
Vs
Kevin Owens

Roman Reigns
Vs.
Bray Wyatt

Dolph Ziggler
Vs.
Sheamus

Semi Finals
Alberto Del Rio
Vs.
Dean Ambrose

Roman Reigns
Vs.
Sheamus

Final
Roman Reigns
Vs.
Dean Ambrose

Bonus
Sheamus appears cashes in brief case after the final ends and loses.

I'd maybe switch Owens' spot for Wyatt's, but this is pretty much what I expect will happen. I had Roman winning at WM32, but Reigns is the only one even remotely credible to be the champ right now, so I guess they'll panic and go for it.

painey

really hoping it's not the usual suspects in the mix for the title. It's just so tiresome seeing the same people with the same matches, and no storylines. The #1 contender set up on RAW was interesting as hell, but so predictable they might as well have just named Reigns #1 on the spot and saved 2 hours of our lives.

This is the worst news. Seth might not have been the BOAT, but he was dang entertaining and came a long long way. I hope he recovers soon.

Gonzalez

Banned
What sucks most about Rollins injury is that the potential of Rollins becoming the American Tanahashi is dead. Since now he can't use the High Fly Flow anymore going forward.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Don't worry guys I'm sure they'll book Owens as champ

I'm sure

Real sure

Fox318

Top 5 of who you want as champ At the ppv.

1. Cesaro
  2. Ryback
  3. Mark Henry
  4. Ambrose
  5. Big E

I'd root for reigns more if he dropped the vest.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Top 5 of who you want as champ At the ppv.

1. Cesaro
  2. Ryback
  3. Mark Henry
  4. Ambrose
  5. Big E

I'd root for reigns more if he dropped the vest.

Vest makes him look cool

Like a swat team member whos went lone wolf and killed the terrorists himself

Jopie

Shit, it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

(And would be kinda funny until he wins the whole thing.)

An angle where HHH gets in and stacks the deck in his favor could lead to some good long term storylines. It would be fun for him to cheat every way imaginable and then hold the belt until Seth returns.

It would then be up to Seth to save the WWE from HHH's reign of terror.

Fox318

Vest makes him look cool

Like a swat team member whos went lone wolf and killed the terrorists himself
Wrestlers in particular main event wrestlers should look like one.

Rare exceptions can be made but you shouldn't wrestle in a shirt or vest.

Plus the vest is part of the shield. He's the only one who hasn't moved on. I'm fucking sure that Roman Reigns the person is way more interesting than Roman Reigns the coprate creation.

ed: The vest needs to go, but the music needs to stay. The music's rad

What sucks most about Rollins injury is that the potential of Rollins becoming the American Tanahashi is dead. Since now he can't use the High Fly Flow anymore going forward.

He can.

He just probably won't still be wrestling by 2020 if he does

I think it's time for me to go to 93. I'm getting to that point in the Attitude Era where I have to listen to Hunter's horrible microphone work--uh.

It's so annoying--uh.

Damn I wish that HBK never got hurt so he could've held HHH down.

Angry Grimace

Let's be clear, Reigns is winning and totally the correct choice, right?

Angry Grimace

Reigns could get screwed or something.

This is a good time to promote somebody heel or face.

But its probably safer and better to just give Reigns the title right? If dude isn't ready now he never will be.

Jerm411

There is only one man that should be walking out of SS winning that tournament.....

let__s_boogie__la_parka__gif_by_ryandunn1977-d4p26nr.gif

Fox318

But its probably safer and better to just give Reigns the title right? If dude isn't ready now he never will be.
Then who does reigns work with?

Outside of a Sheamus cash in what do you do?

It's obvious they want reigns as the champ. Rematch with rollins was supposed to be in December then they have the bork rematch at mania and the rumble winner set to go up against reigns.

Shadow780

I'll ask the question I've asked before, who does Reigns feud with if he wins?

Heel Reigns vs Face Ambrose.

Ambrose is over anyway even if he turns the crowd will still love him, doesn't make sense to keep Reigns face since people will boo him regardless, might as well go corporate.

we will have a Sheamus vs Reigns feud instead

Ambrose is over anyway even if he turns the crowd will still love him, doesn't make sense to keep Reigns face since people will boo him regardless, might as well go corporate.

Zero chance they turn Reigns

Reigns ain't Bryan. (For one, he's better.) For two, if you tease him getting the big belt for years, eventually people will get sick of it; first they were sick because he didn't deserve it, now they're gonna be sick because you didn't give it to him when he was hot.

Not everything could or should last years. WCW and WWE both didn't give Luger the big win immediately, and in fact teased it for forever. Then when one (WCW) finally did it, it was too late: fans didn't care. You tease something too long and you ruin its payoff appeal.

Mahonay

Banned
Sweeney makes a really good point. They can't really draw out a Reigns title chase. Survivor Series is probably the best time to do it.

Also you really can't have Reigns at Mania as the contender.

Fox318

This is what they should do but reigns is a huge figure with all of the other business partners.

They won't turn him. He is the new John cena in that regard.

Top Bottom