• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Striker

Face HHH/Seth would have been for the belt
Babyface Triple H?

ZHbBRvT.gif

That promo was bad, made worse when Edge cuts his response promo and fucking erased Hardy. Listen to that promo and then Matt's again. It made Hardy look so fucking minor league.
That's why Rollins isn't close to Edge's level. Mic level is so far apart.

It would be nice if the company didn't

you know

need horrible injuries, or plans going awry because of shit fans, in order to realize mistakes and change course

I listened to the Observer Live and Dave said that they're having to re-do plans for Mania but nothing about the matches. Its a free show you can listen to from the site, so am I crazy or what?

It was a subscriber thing, not free. Might have been a text post and not audio, he puts out a lot of shit and sometimes I forget what came from where on the site

Funnier note: Russo thinks they should have the tournament done on Raw

1 Raw

Hey folks so after my first ever live WWE event, I want to report back on my impressions. It was in Glasgow, Scotland, and from what I could tell was a decent show with a very enthusiastic crowd (including me).

As the night began I noticed something - most of the crowd consisted of parents with their children. Really bored parents. To be honest, a few kind of shitty parents. Then again, during the show, most of the reactions were coming from children. I played along, having a fun time cheering Roman with the kids, or booing Stardust, etc, etc, - but I realised

In a very real way, this is children's entertainment. Roman is a perfect example - every kid in the arena was behind him, just to see his comic book moves. It's actually got nothing to do with me. Brock, in a way, is actully gross, because this is children's entertainment and he is a concession to the grown men who continue to ignore that fact. It's a fun night out every once in a while, but the obsession we've displayed in this thread is misguided, I think. This is a children's tv show.

Basically, friends, I'm out of wrestling. I had a great time with it tonight, but I now see it the same way as I see Spongebob Squarepants. See ya.

Brock/Rock at Mania is like Bryan/Sheamus at Mania: as long as both people are healthy and fans aren't brats, it's going to happen eventually. Might as well get it over with

Man God

Non-Canon Member
House shows have always been kid friendly affairs for the WWE. Lower ticket prices, faces almost always win/get their revenge if they can't win because of title implications.

They're also a blast for the most part.

House shows have always been kid friendly affairs for the WWE. Lower ticket prices, faces almost always win/get their revenge if they can't win because of title implications.

They're also a blast for the most part.

i really did have fun, but it has fundamentally shifted the way i look at WWE. this is a kids show. i'm gonna dive in for kid level adventures. no more fantasy booking, it's horrifically embarrasing, also, this is a really right wing and corporate endeavour on top of all that, so it's kinda skeevey even.

Bronx-Man

Banned
i really did have fun, but it has fundamentally shifted the way i look at WWE. this is a kids show. i'm gonna dive in for kid level adventures. no more fantasy booking, it's horrifically embarrasing, also, this is a really right wing and corporate endeavour on top of all that, so it's kinda skeevey even.
real_slime found the script for tonight's show, but he's not following the script!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CMLL didn’t know Tetsuya Naito was coming and didn’t care enough to change around their preplanned scheduled when he got to Mexico, so that’s why he just did the run-in (wander around?) and it went nowhere. Naito seems like he’s done a ton of tourist stuff instead.

Naito's kayfabe not giving a fuck so much that it's now a shoot

I guess Roman really wasn't ready if he was to be taken out of the main event for Mania.

They kinda have no choice to put him in there now.
The green son of bitch will never be ready. I'm more ready than him. As far as I'm concerned he should take off the big Bossman cosplay and put on a pair of Brian Kendrick's shorts and jove with the Uso's.

MC Safety

But how can it be children's entertainment if the average raw viewer is around 40?

It doesn't matter the average age as long as there's a component of the audience that will grow into 40 year olds.

WWE is trying to avoid being the comic industry, which is the snake eating its own tail.

I don't even want to imagine what they must have offered Rock to take on Brock. He tore his muscle off his bone in a match against John "gently set you down for an AA" Cena. Brock's offense consists of throwing people around like ragdolls. Granted, it would be an awesome visual with how ridiculously jacked Rock is nowadays, but it seems like a such bad idea for the man's well-being.

Also, was the idea that Seth would go into 'Mania as this absolutely loathsome heel champion for the heroic Triple H to finally rid us of in front of the largest crowd ever?

Honestly, they should just go with a Brock/Roman rematch. Last year's match was great in spite of the shit build, and Roman's improved dramatically as a wrestler this year and is secretly an in-ring MVP of the company (In what has been, admittedly, a pretty down year for WWE in terms of quality matches). Have Lesnar win the Rumble, have Roman go in as champ after beating the piss out of Sheamus at the Royal Rumble, set up a story where Roman has to prove that he really is the man against the conqueror, the man who gave him such a thorough ass-whooping just a year ago.

Complement that with Rock/HHH and Cena/Undertaker, and you have yourself a quality marquee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just want to know what death match wrestler is the one who takes the 'bullet to the stomach bump'

It's going to fucking happen, you know it is

Heel

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin wants to QB Cowboys until Tony Romo returns

I think I can line 'em up, throw for about 300, 400 yards. Get (Jason) Witten open, get Dez (Bryant) working. A lot of underneath routes. Give (Darren) McFadden the ball a few times. Maybe do a little end-around, fake the reverse pitchout, let me run downfield and Darren can throw me the ball. About 60 yards out, catch it in full stride and boom, spike it over the damn goalpost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL-VX3WbA9U

Top Bottom