• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Anth0ny

I can't imagine brock would wrestle rock at mania

brock's style would destroy rock

It'll be HHH/Rock in a safe ass, slow paced match. I'm sure it'll be great, though.

I can't imagine brock would wrestle rock at mania

brock's style would destroy rock

It'll be HHH/Rock in a safe ass, slow paced match. I'm sure it'll be great, though.
If Dwayne says yes then that's all that matters. Dwayne will let money talk for him. Dwayne will take a trip to Suplex city but bounce back with Rock Bottom. Believe that.

NASH: The year that [Mike] Tyson showed up for WrestleMania [XIV] in ’98 changed wrestling. Who thinks Jan. 4, ’99, changed wrestling? A lot of [know-it-all fans]? It was already back and forth at that point with who won Mondays, so how did that change anything?

WWE CLASSICS: You could say, in a spiritual sense, the momentum went to WWE.

NASH: I don’t believe in it. There’s nothing spiritual about it. When Tyson came to WrestleMania, Vince knew that everybody was going to be watching that WrestleMania. They put a movie-trailer-quality piece before every match that caught everybody up to date if you hadn’t been watching the show every week. It got a great buyrate. When I watched that WrestleMania, I said, “We’re dead in the water.” That’s what changed wrestling.

And this is the guy that everyone puts their faith in. Everyone involved in wCw creative at that time were idiots.

tm24

Oh snap! It's the most wonderful time of the year. It's PWG holiday sale time! 5 for 40. Gogogogogogogogogogkgogi

KingBroly

Banned
I think Owens winning the Title at Survivor Series is the right choice. Seth owes him a favor from Monday, so that can transition him to say 'call the Authority to tell them to get me the Title.' This sets up Owens/Seth down the line with Owens being the favorite corporate pet against a returning Rollins who wants his place back but Owens refuses to give up.

It literally writes itself.

Browny

Banned
Man, Rollins' injury sucks ass. No WM triple threat :-(

I'm concerned for the 26 writers who now have to re-write 6 months' worth of scripts (not that they can ever write that far in advance). Vince has 3 days to go through each suggestion - none of which will be any good at all. Product quality is going to be terrible moving forwards.

If they have the balls, the tournament could be the making of 3 or 4 people. Suggestions of Ambrose getting the shit kicked out of him are on the money (he is perfect for that situation); and Cesaro and Owens need to be given the chance to take the ball and run with it.

I'm reminded of Deadly Games; one night set up two great feuds - Rock vs Mankind and (reaffirmed) Austin Vs The McMahons. If they get the booking right this year (read: Reigns must turn), then you can book all the way to WM easily.

Fuckin animu fans friends. Can't even play a shitty solitaire phone game on a public bus without the background being an upskirt drenched underwear creepdraw.

kiguel182

I can't believe they were going to do face HHH vs Rollins for the title. That's some short-sighted booking they have. Same for Brock vs Rock. Ugh, this company.

But I mean, they also wanted Orton vs Batista at Mania 30 so it's not that surprising.

HHH vs Seth makes way more sense with HHH heel and not for the title. And allows someone new to be feuding for the title.

Whatever, it isn't happening. Hopefully they'll have some new guys main-event instead. But not holding my breath.

Also, didn't comment on NXT but I enjoyed Crews vs Finn and Asuka is awesome. The finish was a bummer but hopefully they'll actually feud eventually. This served as a tease more or less. I liked Joe turning heel instead of Finn too.

Browny

Banned
Finally got paid, first thing I did was buy my girlfriend a little gift. Can't wait for these new day socks to arrive.
If she wants to get you something in return, you can ask for a
rusty
trombone.

I'm not sorry - it's Friday!!!

mrmix9Y.gif

Fox318

"Hunter. Things are desperate as you know so I made a call. Brought back somebody to be champ. He wanted creative control as part of the deal so I had to say yes. We need him more than ever"
tumblr_niiaa5ngIH1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

Man, with Seth vacating it means that Cena is the only one of the 5 WWE WHC's to actually be pinned and lose the title.

Can he overcome the odds and win it back???

Oersted

The ideal situation to flesh out the teams more. Lucha Dragons, Usos, New Day, Cosmic Wasteland, Dudley Boys, Wyatts etc

But who am I kidding. Pushed teams, hah. The only thing we can hope for is Wyatts getting fed to two old fucks, thats about it.

Fox318

Lucha Dragons or whatever they are called today are boring. Right now all they are is a botchamania highlight reel.

They need promo time.

I watched all the original Mad Max movies for the first time since I was 12/13. The first two are still good, but Beyond Thunderdome... I used to love that when I was younger, but watching it again it's pretty shit.

Browny

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/t0jW5Hp.gifv

Man pranks Kevin Nash during a round of golf

jFQx19D.gif

I watched all the original Mad Max movies for the first time since I was 12/13. The first two are still good, but Beyond Thunderdome... I used to love that when I was younger, but watching it again it's pretty shit.

I've never made it past Tina Turner first appearing in Thunderdome - I find the entire concept of her existence to be baffling.

GunBR

I really think that Ambrose should do the turn and not Roman
Make him turn at SS and win the belt, them put the two to feud until the RR when Reigns finally gets the title, and at Mania he beats Brock and maybe until that people will be loving him
No way rock was doing mania this year.especially against Brock.

Brock should be in the title match at mania.

Brock has to win the Rumble, entering as number 1 and eliminating all the other 29 wrestlers

Forkball

Just heard the news about Rollins vacating the title. Wow, I cannot think of a more disappointing end to his reign. And out for almost a year? He could be a huge babyface when he returns though, but WWE has no one right now. I can not even think of eight people that could be in contention for the title. They should just say screw it and put everyone on the roster into the tournament. Throw in some NXT guys. Or part-timer/legends. What's Jericho doing right now? Isn't Sgt. Slaughter in the back somewhere?

I guess Cena is getting his 16th reign soon. Or Sheamus will be getting his fourth. Holy hell, Sheamus has been the world champion three times? This happened?

Fox318

The only way I can excuse Vince for booking face HHH vs Seth in 2016 is that he's senile.

With that stage they need to create a star.

Lothar

Banned
If Dwayne says yes then that's all that matters. Dwayne will let money talk for him. Dwayne will take a trip to Suplex city but bounce back with Rock Bottom. Believe that.

NASH: The year that [Mike] Tyson showed up for WrestleMania [XIV] in ’98 changed wrestling. Who thinks Jan. 4, ’99, changed wrestling? A lot of [know-it-all fans]? It was already back and forth at that point with who won Mondays, so how did that change anything?

WWE CLASSICS: You could say, in a spiritual sense, the momentum went to WWE.

NASH: I don’t believe in it. There’s nothing spiritual about it. When Tyson came to WrestleMania, Vince knew that everybody was going to be watching that WrestleMania. They put a movie-trailer-quality piece before every match that caught everybody up to date if you hadn’t been watching the show every week. It got a great buyrate. When I watched that WrestleMania, I said, “We’re dead in the water.” That’s what changed wrestling.

And this is the guy that everyone puts their faith in. Everyone involved in wCw creative at that time were idiots.

How did Jan 4 99 change anything, Nash? Well the week before that, Raw had a 4.9 and Nitro had a 4.6. Raw wouldn't get lower than a 5 again for years and the ratings would never ever be close again after that date.

monday_night_wars_ratings.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL @ you guys trashing a nonexistent HHH/Rollins feud. It's one thing to say "Well that sounds like garbage! What are they thinking!" before they even really made significant strides towards the actual feud. Ridiculous.

Fox318

LOL @ you guys trashing a nonexistent HHH/Rollins feud. It's one thing to say "Well that sounds like garbage! What are they thinking!" before they even really made significant strides towards the actual feud. Ridiculous.

When you have the stage of possibly over 100,000 its probably not a good idea to put a gassed old man on stage as the main event for your main title.

You tell me how a face HHH with the worst character in the history of wrestling by his side could be a good program?

Or do you think that at the largest wrestlemania ever Vince would book a heel to win?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't want jump right into this since the man just injured himself but....did Seth have the worst world title reign of all time?

klonere

Banned
Top Bottom