• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
Wait, did they book Barrett as the "Local hero" in Scottland against Swagger originally, but he was like "That's fucking stupid"?

I'd like to think they aren't that stupid but they had Becky go out to Charlotte's music in Dublin (she's more from Dublin than Finn is, he's just one of those Wicklow wannabes) and Dublin is in England remember?

Fox318

My god.

I guess I finally know what hhh and jj would do in a joint business.

Pmi7kWx.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. He was such a terribly booked champ and ratings plummeted with him as champ.

Foolish to say yes and I'll tell you why instead of just leaving it at that. I know Punk gets a lot of shit from certain people here but I'd say his record-setting (sorta) reign was worse. Punk was not even main eventing PPVs. Seth main evented I believe every single PPV since winning the belt - something Punk didn't come close to doing. It also depends on your metric you use to what's a "terrible" reign. A terrible reign, to me, is one that either doesn't last, or doesn't matter. Rollins' did matter, regardless of his losing record that some people put a lot of stock into. Punk's, as a comparison, was such a bummer because despite being THE CHAMPION he was an afterthought. Rollins was not that, and that's why I feel specifically Rollins' reign was more impactful than Punk's. And Punk had a lot going for him.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Today is my 36th birthday. Going to be a great day

I have Fallout 4 preloaded
Will go home and play with the girls
Go see Bond (my b'day typically falls on or around Bond day)
Watch Wrestlemania 13
Play some Halo 5

AAAAAAAAWEsome! /miz

How do you define 'worst'?

His run, booked right or not (it wasn't), was at the very least memorable. There's no greater sin than being unmemorable, not even being booked poorly.
That's not really a good metric to use since nearly every world title reign tends to be "memorable" in some way. Unless you're Sheamus or Alberto Del Rio.

klonere

Banned
Rollins felt like a heel who really should be holding the IC belt, never feeling threatening enough to be that HHH figure that everyone really hated and wanted anyone to take the belt off him. He was always a second place figure next to Mom and Dad. His scripted promos were mostly pretty boring with a few exceptions (Smackdown before MiTB). Brock was going to legitimately squash him before an old man hit him in the groin. He won vs Cena via a comedian and then started losing all the time. He actually regressed as a character, going from psycopath near murderer (post Surivor Series 2014) to credible contender (Royal Rumble 2015) to the guy who brought MiTB to its logical conclusion (Mania 2015) and then the slow spiral downwards to childish, idiotic loser who held on to the belt via happenstance.

If Reigns had beat him at Survivor Series it wouldn't have been all that impressive in storyline; Seth is as I said a childish, idiotic loser who held on to the belt via happenstance and is definitely 2nd place to HHH and Steph. Not some vicious, ruthless heel who yes, cheated, but never came across as a joke, which Rollins has for a large portion of his time with the title. It would have been like if Reigns had beaten say....Kevin Owens or something. Just another dude. Not The Guy.

You gotta beat the man to be the man and Seth definitely wasn't presented as the man.

Sephzilla

Foolish to say yes and I'll tell you why instead of just leaving it at that. I know Punk gets a lot of shit from certain people here but I'd say his record-setting (sorta) reign was worse. Punk was not even main eventing PPVs. Seth main evented I believe every single PPV since winning the belt - something Punk didn't come close to doing. It also depends on your metric you use to what's a "terrible" reign. A terrible reign, to me, is one that either doesn't last, or doesn't matter. Rollins' did matter, regardless of his losing record that some people put a lot of stock into. Punk's, as a comparison, was such a bummer because despite being THE CHAMPION he was an afterthought. Rollins was not that, and that's why I feel specifically Rollins' reign was more impactful than Punk's. And Punk had a lot going for him.

You bring up some good points! I think there's a case to be made that Punk's reign was a more entertaining one to watch than Rollins' was though. For example, Bryan vs Punk for the title was a more entertaining and important moment than Rollins vs Kane was, regardless if one of them was the main event or not. Also, as many people point out, it took THE ROCK in order to end Punk's reign. Rollins' reign was ended with a sunset flip. If we're going to look at the importance and relevance of a title reign, causing Rock to come back in order to take the strap off of the champ is pretty damn important. Plus there's the fact that ratings tanked when Rollins was champ, which didn't happen with Punk.

Online ticket sales for Mania right now are a joke. Nothing is matching for me as available. I sure as hell know it's not sold out. Die ticketmaster die. I wish Amazon or Google would go after creating a ticket site.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Too soon to judge on your premise. Time will tell. No one will forget Rollins beating Reigns and Brock anytime soon so I suspect that this reign in particular will be remembered.

I mean, again, how do you quantify "worst of all time"? What metric do you want to talk about?
Worst booked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Blops 3, and it's good. I have too many kideos to finish. REALLY want to sink time into Divinity Original Sin Directors Cut and Wasteland 2's Directors Cut. Or whatever they're called. And finish Syndicate.

Glad I was able to quickly finish MGSV and Halo 5. Good kideos all around this year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're already done with Halo 5?!

I know you've sunk A LOT of hours into MGSV. I wager that will sit in your top 5 GOTY list?

H5 is an easy six or seven hours on Normal if you play alone. I'll definitely be replaying it on higher difficulties, and with friends. Great game.

Dunno where MGSV sits, but after the ending, it earned some points.

Sephzilla

H5 is an easy six or seven hours on Normal if you play alone. I'll definitely be replaying it on higher difficulties, and with friends. Great game.

Dunno where MGSV sits, but after the ending, it earned some points.

I grabbed Halo 5 and I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Still need to play the campaign though lol

Ticketmaster is still terrible can't find any tickets that are good.

Might just skip mania and go to the house show in Inglewood at The Forum.

The next 24 hours is a packed day for fight sports and pro wrestling, friends.

GLORY 25: Milan
4 pm Eastern on ESPN 3

Lightweight Championship bout: Robin van Roosmalen (c) vs. Sitthichai Sitsonpeenong
Lightweight fight: Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Josh Jauncey
Welterweight Contender Tournament Semi-final: Murthel Groenhart vs. Nicola Gallo
Welterweight Contender Tournament Semi-final: Voann Kongolo vs. Karim Ghajji

EVOLVE 51
9 pm Eastern on iPPV

Evolve Championship match: Timothy Thatcher (c) vs. Johnny Gargano
Drew Galloway vs. Caleb Konley
Drew Gulak vs. Matt Riddle
TJ Perkins vs. Anthony Nese
Tracy Williams vs. Martin Stone
Ethan Page vs. Peter Kaasa
Lio Rush vs. Fred Yehi

NJPW on AXS
9 pm Eastern on AXS

IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada

NJPW Power Struggle 2015
3 am Eastern on November 7 on New Japan World

IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Karl Anderson
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazuchika Okada & Kazushi Sakuraba
NEVER Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Tomoaki Honma
Bullet Club (A.J. Styles & Bad Luck Fale) vs. Chaos (Toru Yano & Yoshi-Hashi)
Super Junior Tag Tournament finals: Matt Sydal & Ricochet vs. Roppongi Vice (Baretta & Rocky Romero)
reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) & Time Splitters (Kushida & Alex Shelley) vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)
Evil vs. Hirooki Goto
Captain New Japan, Juice Robinson & Togi Makabe vs. Bullet Club (Cody Hall, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga)
David Finlay, Jay White, Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Jushin Thunder Liger, Mascara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi & Tiger Mask

Halo 5 might be the best feeling shooter I've ever played. I thought it was titanfall at first but titanfall's got too many ties to its call of duty roots: a bunch of chatter from HQ, too many similar weapons. I love the smart pistol but its weird that movement is so good that you need a gun that aims for you.

Halo 5 scales the movement down from TF just slightly and has the most balanced weapons sandbox evar. It feels great, I'm hooked on multiplay. Campaign is a missed opportunity.

BLOPS3 might be the opposite, I want to check out all the single player in that, the multiplayer beta wasn't doing it for me. Aped titanfall's motion without titanfall's map design. rest of the content sounds sweet.

I think I'm saving up to get tomb raider next week, though.

Aiii

So not worth it
When is Sami Zayn going to be healthy.

Is it too much to hope for his theme song to hit at Survivor Series and have him be a surprise entry?

I miss the guy.

I miss his theme song more.

Heel

The next 24 hours is a packed day for fight sports and pro wrestling, friends.

GLORY 25: Milan
4 pm Eastern on ESPN 3

Lightweight Championship bout: Robin van Roosmalen (c) vs. Sitthichai Sitsonpeenong
Lightweight fight: Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Josh Jauncey
Welterweight Contender Tournament Semi-final: Murthel Groenhart vs. Nicola Gallo
Welterweight Contender Tournament Semi-final: Voann Kongolo vs. Karim Ghajji

EVOLVE 51
9 pm Eastern on iPPV

Evolve Championship match: Timothy Thatcher (c) vs. Johnny Gargano
Drew Galloway vs. Caleb Konley
Drew Gulak vs. Matt Riddle
TJ Perkins vs. Anthony Nese
Tracy Williams vs. Martin Stone
Ethan Page vs. Peter Kaasa
Lio Rush vs. Fred Yehi

NJPW on AXS
9 pm Eastern on AXS

IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada

NJPW Power Struggle 2015
3 am Eastern on November 7 on New Japan World

IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Karl Anderson
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazuchika Okada & Kazushi Sakuraba
NEVER Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Tomoaki Honma
Bullet Club (A.J. Styles & Bad Luck Fale) vs. Chaos (Toru Yano & Yoshi-Hashi)
Super Junior Tag Tournament finals: Matt Sydal & Ricochet vs. Roppongi Vice (Baretta & Rocky Romero)
reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) & Time Splitters (Kushida & Alex Shelley) vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)
Evil vs. Hirooki Goto
Captain New Japan, Juice Robinson & Togi Makabe vs. Bullet Club (Cody Hall, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga)
David Finlay, Jay White, Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Jushin Thunder Liger, Mascara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi & Tiger Mask

Don't forget MMA superstar Bobby Lashley is seeking to avenge his loss against PRIDE legend and guy who fought Kimbo Slice that one time, James "The Colossus" Thompson, tonight at Bellatoe 145 on Spike.

Recall

I was moved by that latest Table for 3 episode. Those women are awesome. We shit on their in-ring stuff but I'm always compelled to root for them to succeed after gaining insight into their real life personas.

Risking your health is never worth it.

If this is the reality era and we are getting things like table for 3 then why the hell cant we see more of their real personalities in the ring?

#fuckscriptedpromos

Anth0ny

Online ticket sales for Mania right now are a joke. Nothing is matching for me as available. I sure as hell know it's not sold out. Die ticketmaster die. I wish Amazon or Google would go after creating a ticket site.

I did best available and this came up:

Sec E Row H, Seats 12
$2360.00 ea

That's the section beside the ramp. holy christ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Juvi posting with the #fashionista tag - what do you all think?
QdT8sUT.jpg

Savitar

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HCn9d0bGjhg

Blows out knee attempting powerbomb. Finishes match, reattempts/does powerbomb, does pedigree landing on own blown out knee

Seth Rollins: Smart

It's not only Rollins. It's pretty much a thing in wrestling overall. Doesn't matter what broke, what busted, what got blown out, you try to finish the match. If you don't, you are kind of considered a pussy. Finish the match and you get much acclaim and credit with the incident pointed out repeatedly how dedicated you are.

Even if it means your body is fucked.

But what do you expect from an industry where people are not even given enough time to heal up in the first place and injuries re happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Triple H tore his quad off the bone and finished his match.

Yet you all mock Sin Cara stopping his match...

Top Bottom