• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Could WWE trade Bray Wyatt, Eater of Souls to Lucha Underground right now for Cage and Willie Mack or something? His pseudo-mystical nonsense would fit well there, and they can edit his go-nowhere promos down to something compelling.

Juvi posting with the #fashionista tag - what do you all think?
QdT8sUT.jpg

that outfit is super crazy

why not both?

imBask

Banned
sometimes I wonder if you guys are trolling when you post positive stuff about Ryback. There's no way anyone actually likes this guy enough to really want to see him with the belt right?

sometimes I wonder if you guys are trolling when you post positive stuff about Ryback. There's no way anyone actually likes this guy enough to really want to see him with the belt right?

no joke, I love the big guy. Big hoss with a fun personality and someone who legit loves wrestling. I would love to see him as champ.

imBask

Banned
no joke, I love the big guy. Big hoss with a fun personality and someone who legit loves wrestling. I would love to see him as champ.

but he never had a good match, he's so bad in the ring... i'm sure he's a great guy and i'd love to hang out with him, but man I don't want him on my TV screen every week

Bronx-Man

Banned
Ryback marks are just an urban legend, like Eva Marie marks.

Ryback would not survive the Mark of Kane, friend.

he would murder the kane

but he never had a good match, he's so bad in the ring... i'm sure he's a great guy and i'd love to hang out with him, but man I don't want him on my TV screen every week

He had a great match with Shield vs Hell No/Ryback. His matches against CM Punk weren't too bad either. He isn't the greatest but he doesn't have to be. He has a presence in the ring and just comes off as a beast. I would love to see Ryback vs Brock for the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, where can I get and watch episodes of Lucha Underground?

Please don't make piracy requests in this thread. You may be too xtreme for us.

I'm more positive on Ryback than HIV, pal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZiEMOt6mA

Probably the most violent burial in WWE history

Wasn't this just (more of) JBL being an asshole to someone he didn't like backstage for whatever bullshit carny reasons?
Meh, Vince probably told them to go out there and so whatever since they were former ecw employees. Wanted to show them that not everyone belongs.
What kind of jobs do Wrasslin'Gaf hold?
Editor at a news station.

Jezbollah

This is a random mini-rant but I have to get it off my chest.

So the WWE dont use DDP or Jericho's old WCW themes, no doubt because they sound like Seattle band rip-offs.. but somehow they use Tommy Dreamer's theme which sounds like his original Alice In Chains tune?

Zach

This is a random mini-rant but I have to get it off my chest.

So the WWE dont use DDP or Jericho's old WCW themes, no doubt because they sound like Seattle band rip-offs.. but somehow they use Tommy Dreamer's theme which sounds like his original Alice In Chains tune?

Rant louder and longer and clearer, my man. I hate -- hate! -- that they don't use DDP and Jericho's actual themes.

Savitar

So the Boogeyman got a Legends contract.

Why.

I mean....the boogeyman?!

Is that suppose to be a peace offering towards Shane since the concept was his idea.

It was such a bad bad pointless go no where character.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cesaro is great as a midcarder who makes up and coming guys look good. The best way I would put this is to say his talents lie in "enhancing" other, actual stars.

Name me the last time wrestling ability legitimately mattered in the WWE.

Even saying that, Ryback's skill in the ring is fine. He at least has personality, unlike Cesaro who is only over because "me strong, me swing people."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
pizza delivery

I used to do that. I remember every motherfucker who ever stiffed me on a tip. Still remember each and every one.

Lots of crazy shit went down there. All food establishments do, really. When you are a shitty customer, you risk your health.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cesaro is great as a midcarder who makes up and coming guys look good. The best way I would put this is to say his talents lie in "enhancing" other, actual stars.

Enhancement talent, like Cesaro and Bull Pain, Duane Gill, and Barry Horowitz, all has its place. It's a solid job, and you can make dudes look amazing.

imBask

Banned
Name me the last time wrestling ability legitimately mattered in the WWE.

Even saying that, Ryback's skill in the ring is fine. He at least has personality, unlike Cesaro who is only over because "me strong, me swing people."

but that's also problematic... #WrestlingAbilityMatters

Bronx-Man

Banned
So the Boogeyman got a Legends contract.

Why.

I mean....the boogeyman?!

Is that suppose to be a peace offering towards Shane since the concept was his idea.

It was such a bad bad pointless go no where character.
Boogeyman was actually over with the fans, unlike a certain vest-wearing mastodon.

Recall

The Undertaker. Mother fucker bored me to tears for so many years, I dreaded his matches just as I do with Kane and Big Show matches now, it wasn't until The Undertaker simply became a single match a year guy that I sorta started to care.

The amount of lumbering boring big men WWE has gone through over the years is staggering.

but that's also problematic... #WrestlingAbilityMatters

A wrestler's warcrate only matters in the indies, since being dumb enough to do flippy-dippies is what gets eyes on you. Being able to connect with the audience, having a certain aura around you, and being competent enough to tell a story in the ring are all of far greater importance than just pure wrestling ability. ESPECIALLY in the E.

Cesaro is a great wrestler with a huge warcrate, but he has yet to get me to actually care about why he's in the ring. And that's on creative AND him. Plenty of others have had a shit hand dealt to them by creative and been able to make it work. It says a lot when I can name multiple instances of caring about Santino Marella, and none involving Cesaro's own merits.

EDIT: Boogeyman getting a Legends contract is great. Totally FnP during that era.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eva Marie x Ryback OTP

The only wrestlers I ship are Finn Balor and Becky Lynch. Because of the Irishness of it all.

A wrestler's warcrate only matters in the indies, since being dumb enough to do flippy-dippies is what gets eyes on you. Being able to connect with the audience, having a certain aura around you, and being competent enough to tell a story in the ring are all of far greater importance than just pure wrestling ability. ESPECIALLY in the E.

Cesaro is a great wrestler with a huge warcrate, but he has yet to get me to actually care about why he's in the ring. And that's on creative AND him. Plenty of others have had a shit hand dealt to them by creative and been able to make it work. It says a lot when I can name multiple instances of caring about Santino Marella, and none involving Cesaro's own merits.

EDIT: Boogeyman getting a Legends contract is great. Totally FnP during that era.

The fact that you don't care about why Cesaro is in the ring is intentional. He's enhancement talent, even if he's not a straight-up jobber.

Top Bottom