• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Austin mentioned this re: Seth Rollins' injury:

"These guys in waiting that have been thinking if they had a shot, now is their chance to seize that opportunity," Austin said. "It's sink or swim now, and they're going to get an opportunity that they normally wouldn't have had coming."

He's right. It's when injury and time off collide when people who DO want to have a break can make it. I sure hope Cesaro gets over his performance anxiety and makes a name for himself, because everyone has a far better chance RIGHT NOW than ever before.

I hope they fire Ziggler too.

Survivor Series is Ziggles time. Expect him to walk out WITH ALL THE GOLD.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sunny could you explain your distaste or feeling on Ziggler?

I mean at worst I don't think he's a bad performer.

I just don't understand why he's over. He's not a particularly great wrestler and his character has always sucked and he's been thrown into these really dumb angles with random women basically forever.

IDK he's just the PG version of a ton of other wrestlers I've already seen.

Ithil

Austin mentioned this re: Seth Rollins' injury:

"These guys in waiting that have been thinking if they had a shot, now is their chance to seize that opportunity," Austin said. "It's sink or swim now, and they're going to get an opportunity that they normally wouldn't have had coming."

He's right. It's when injury and time off collide when people who DO want to have a break can make it. I sure hope Cesaro gets over his performance anxiety and makes a name for himself, because everyone has a far better chance RIGHT NOW than ever before.

I hope they fire Ziggler too.

Normally it would be, except everything's so tightly controlled and restricted now that these people aren't going to be just let loose to show what they are capable of.
Whoever's "supposed" to be on top is on top, whoever is supposed to be under them is under them.

People were going on about Cesaro's flub in that promo. Reigns makes at least one flub in every single promo, yet every week he gets promo time despite being bad at it. They need to stop starting with their desired conclusion and working backwards.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny could you explain your distaste or feeling on Ziggler?

I mean at worst I don't think he's a bad performer.

He has absolutely zero motivation and personality. Both of those are very crucial. Do you remember any hot promos from him? Or even one that showcases WHO he is? I get nothing. That's almost entirely where my complaints lie with him. He bumps in a comical way, but he doesn't SELL. He doesn't impress me in the ring. He has no fire inside.

Menome

Well, as I only got one avatar-suggestion for the Winter season and that was Kevin Owen's eternal scream of pain face from 2K16, I've taken matters into my own hands.

Fox318

I guess with Ziggler for me he just is there right now. I don't think he's a bad worked or anything but I think he needs a belt to chase or defend. The rusev stuff was so bad .

Ziggler defintly oversells I'll give you guys that.

Best seller in wrestling is fucking Brock.

He makes guys look so fucking legit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He has absolutely zero motivation and personality. Both of those are very crucial. Do you remember any hot promos from him? Or even one that showcases WHO he is? I get nothing. That's almost entirely where my complaints lie with him. He bumps in a comical way, but he doesn't SELL. He doesn't impress me in the ring. He has no fire inside.

He has that one cool cash in and that's it. He occupies the same space as Adrian Neville or Cesaro does, except for whatever reason they let him cut a billion promos and do all these wacky angles. I don't get it.

Angry Grimace

Oh wait sorry guys I forgot Neville doesn't have a first name.

Chances that Finn Balor shows up and is just "Balor" with nothing else?

Fox318

We should have a monthly rankings poll that members can vote on.

I mean if everyone is honest I wonder who everyone's least liked talent is.

I'm bored as hell, so I've been listening to the Lapsed Gamer podcast. They've got some funny bits, but I can't imagine I'll make it to the end at this rate. 5 hrs is just too much for a single episode.

x7osF5k.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was thinking today Shane McMahon had the perfect theme song.

"Money money money money money money money. Money!"

If that's the case Vince has a theme that's better than perfect.

All the McMahon's have fitting themes.

Steph has that weird rap song about bowing down to the queen.

Linda has the New Gen Wrasslemania theme.

somedevil

Wonder if Finn balor will be the 4th member of team taker.

Right now there is only 2 members of team taker and this before Seth Rollins knee exploded.

Right now it looks like a 2 on 4 match. The only other name mentioned for the team was Sting but he is still injured right now.

Nekofrog

Banned
Taker put on TERRIBLE matches for a long time. It was a mix of him being ok in the ring but mainly because his character was the Undertaker. It is what it is.

why was Kane having perfectly watchable matches (nothing stellar, but not outright bad) during the same era as Taker being nearly unwatchably bad? similar builds, similar gimmicks. was it just attitude? lack of interest? talking like 10 years ago.

So the Boogeyman got a Legends contract.

Why.

I mean....the boogeyman?!

Is that suppose to be a peace offering towards Shane since the concept was his idea.

It was such a bad bad pointless go no where character.
would've been better as a heel.

Kane was put in fueds where he could have good matches. Whereas Taker wasn't imo.

There's a match on Raw between Taker and Shamrock, now that's a very underrated match. It went on for about 9 minutes which is good for Attitude Era Raw.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
why was Kane having perfectly watchable matches (nothing stellar, but not outright bad) during the same era as Taker being nearly unwatchably bad? similar builds, similar gimmicks. was it just attitude? lack of interest? talking like 10 years ago.

?

Those don't match up at all. Taker's garbage wrestling is 1991-1996 until he fights Diesel and his feud with Mankind, which turns him into wrestling god non zombie taker.

Kane is a really well booked, fairly good Taker impersonator from 1997-2001 or so. After that he gets poorly utilized and overexposed for the rest of his safe and steady career.

Angry Grimace

Right now there is only 2 members of team taker and this before Seth Rollins knee exploded.

Right now it looks like a 2 on 4 match. The only other name mentioned for the team was Sting but he is still injured right now.

I'm guessing it will be a regular Survivor Series match since the Wyatt family has a whole team. I've been assuming Finn was going to be on the team from the beginning, but I have no idea whether that was ever true or what impact Seth-kun's injury has on all of this.

Heroman

Banned

Well fin probably wouldn't be in the tournament so could still do it and have they wheter the tournament is mainly on the pv or willnsome macthes tale place on raw.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Foley as Mankind would be sweet imo. Throw in JBL just for cool history and his reaction at HiAC.
Would've been cool if Bearer was still alive to manage this team.

Mick Foley will come back as his most mystical, most legendary, and most seasonal character.

Saint Nick!

Angry Grimace

Well fin probably wouldn't be in the tournament so could still do it and have they wheter the tournament is mainly on the pv or willnsome macthes tale place on raw.

Finn makes almost too much sense. He has a silly Demon gimmick, overly dramatic entrance music, they've been hyping him mercilessly on the Network through various platforms, he's been the champion in NXT long enough to plausibly drop it if he was getting promoted, and Undertaker/Kane's team is the face team.

As for a fourth team member, obviously that's gonna be a reunion of Team Hell No =V

UberTag

Guys I want to watch hockey but I'm not sure how to start.. I see enough during playoff season, but I'm not some crazy passionate band wagon jumper or anything.

How exactly do you begin to get so passionate about a team? Wrassling is so much easier to get into

I am right outside Toronto but how do I become a fan?
First thing you've got to do is to find a team to be passionate for that isn't the Leafs. Find a team that can actually compete for the Stanley Cup regularly instead of one built around putting out a mediocre product so it can sell $200 seats to corporate execs and their families.

Seeing how they're off to a hot start this year, I recommend the Canadiens.

Next thing you've got to do is to watch their games regularly and get a feel for what they do well and find players to get behind. Most people become hockey fans because of a deep playoff run with thrilling overtime contests and come from behind victories and then stick with that team long-term from there. It's tough to become invested during the regular season if you're not already a fan. So you may just want to wait until April and try then.

That said, there's a classic Bruins-Habs rivalry game tomorrow night. Those almost always deliver.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It kinda sucks how Jack Swagger wasn't able to replicate the rapid development of Kirk Angel and Brock Lesnar.

klonere

Banned
I hope that creative and management give the roster leeway to step up to the plate.

I can't see anyone being allowed cut a promo like Austin, just getting having Michael Hayes tell him that Jake had mentioned religion in the previous promo reason or like Jericho's debut where nobody else knew what he was going to say.

We know there are people on the roster that can cut great promos, have great ideas and great characters if given space to do so.

Cut em loose Vince. Now is the time.

Top Bottom