• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RBH

j2Qqy.gif

no special singles match or some dream match at WK 10?

I think AJ vs. Nakamura counts as a dream match.

Special singles match is tough because with the big four of New Japan in the double main event there's really nobody they could plug in. I suppose they could split Los Ingobernables vs. Meiyu Tag into singles matches (Shibata vs. EVIL and Goto vs. Naito) but that seems pointless.

Ithil

Why is it every time people say "Meltzer and Alvarez say" it's followed by something inane that would never actually happen and never does happen. It just feels like it.

Usually it's because the person saying "Meltzer said ____" is making it up themselves (like those supposed WM matches someone here claimed were said that never were) or is reposting some terrible secondhand reporting by Wrestlezone or somewhere.

People tend to take it at face value for some reason.

miserable

I think AJ vs. Nakamura counts as a dream match.

Special singles match is tough because with the big four of New Japan in the double main event there's really nobody they could plug in. I suppose they could split Los Ingobernables vs. Meiyu Tag into singles matches (Shibata vs. EVIL and Goto vs. Naito) but that seems pointless.

i was thinking of maybe bringing in someone from a different promotion to have a match. or maybe have some old timers return for a match lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kane main evented a PPV in 2015.

Hasn't Kane main evented a PPV almost every year for the last decade? You can't run 12 PPVs and expect them to all have interesting matches at the top of the card. In any case, that isn't the same thing as "Big Show Wins Title." That seems like a different level of implausibility than Kane being in the main event of a PPV, because that happens all the time.

Ithil

Hasn't Kane main evented a PPV almost every year for the last decade? You can't run 12 PPVs and expect them to all have interesting matches at the top of the card. In any case, that isn't the same thing as "Big Show Wins Title."

Most likely someone taking a gag answer too seriously. Not that you can put anything past WWE.

I finished watching Daredevil Season One last night. It was absolutely fantastic. One of my favourite shows ever. DD has been my favourite super hero for over a decade, and I'm thrilled that they gave him such a respectful and appropriate treatment.

Just finished episode 10, decided to polish it off before Jessica Jones. It's pretty great.

RBH

Dave Meltzer is the Michael Pachter of wrestling. Has contacts, but ultimately knows fuck-all.

Wrong.

He's still the most trustworthy and knowledgable among those in his field. Just because he's not always 100% accurate doesn't discredit that.

Heel

Usually it's because the person saying "Meltzer said ____" is making it up themselves (like those supposed WM matches someone here claimed were said that never were) or is reposting some terrible secondhand reporting by Wrestlezone or somewhere.

People tend to take it at face value for some reason.

Buy a subscription and prove they were never said

Of course they weren't on the free thing

I don't think that's how it works. Plus you initially claimed it was said on the free thing, then backtracked.

What's the accusation here? My good friend dream is a subscriber to The Observer. Provide a link, and we can have this settled by a third party.

i was thinking of maybe bringing in someone from a different promotion to have a match. or maybe have some old timers return for a match lol

Elgin vs. Jay Lethal for the ROH title has been rumored (by Meltzer so take it with a grain of salt) but I think Elgin vs. Ishii works better. I think Suzuki vs. Marufuji for the GHC title could work also.

As for Shiozaki, I expect him to be Yano's mystery partner.

Elgin vs. Jay Lethal for the ROH title has been rumored (by Meltzer so take it with a grain of salt) but I think Elgin vs. Ishii works better. I think Suzuki vs. Marufuji for the GHC title could work also.

As for Shiozaki, I expect him to be Yano's mystery partner.

Is Elgin even still in the company? Could have swore his deal expired last week and he's now a freelancer

Shiozaki's going to challenge Okada or the winner of Nakamura/Styles, I'm pretty certain - they won't want him elsewhere on the card if that's the case, to pop the crowd when he does appear.

Also, either AJ wins the ROH title at Final Battle or Lethal retains it via screwy means that don't diminish Styles ahead of his challenge for the IC title.

Yeah really. Nash my ass, Seth is still a kid on those toothpicks and look at him.

He got buried without Vince's help, sorry.
That's so cold.
lol

Holy cow after SummerSlam of 99' the booking was atrocious.

You put the title on Hunter who gets no heel reaction from the crowd? They should've halted him getting the belt until mid 2000. Even Vince having the belt would've been a better choice and you saw how the ratings responded to that.

Taker is by far your biggest heel(wrestler wise) and big show is more over than Hunter. Shane should've said that The Corporate Ministry was back and had Taker as champion.

Your biggest face since Austin was gone was Rocky and Mick as number 2.

Give The Rock and Taker a better fued than before. Hell even having Mick and Taker fued again would've been better.

dream

The lack of a source for this:

Can confirm that Dave did not say that on the subscriber show (he said that Seth "would have been on one of the top two or three matches" on the card), nor did he post it on the board, or in a newsletter.

KingBroly

Banned
Face HHH? Really? No one's buying that shit in 2015. Dude's heel for life. He needs to get over himself already.

I think you have to put the belt on someone new right now, whether it be Reigns, Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt, Sheamus, etc. This is an instant superstar making moment for someone.

And Big Show winning the Tournament in 2015 would be a DISASTER

Fox318

We should create a fake wrestling newsletter site.

Sports Entertainment Insider

"Vince plans on having a storyline about him getting an abortion for Shane at 548 months."

The best thing about this is how Show eventually become one of Taker’s minions.

I almost forgot that. I really started to sour on the angle when McMahon was revealed as the higher power. I remember alot of us hoping for Jake or Dibiase. Shit, even Brother Love. Still, I would have taken more Corporate Ministry over HHH that year, as you put it in your other post.

They booked themselves into a corner with the junior tag. If reDRagon is done after this tour and Ricochet has to go back to Lucha Underground, the tag scene drops back to Bucks and Roppongi Vice until new teams are injected into the scene. So, they need to transition the titles to the Bucks or Vice, and they wanted Sydal/Ricochet to win.

Also, last night's Evolve show was very good.

How was Drew Gulak vs. Matt Riddle?

I almost forgot that. I really started to sour on the angle when McMahon was revealed as the higher power. Still, I would have taken more Corporate Ministry over HHH that year, as you put it in your other post.
Exactly! I mentioned many pages back how the Higher Power thing wasn't even booked correctly. While it was planned with good timing the ending of the group was so abrupt. On commentary he mentions that Viscera and Mideon are still his minions but you never see them with him again. Then Bradshaw amd Farooq just all of a sudden decide to go against their saviour.

I was reading a wtf moment about APA and how they probably sold their Souls to Taker which os why they were disobedient. It's still dumb.

They had so much going with The Ministry just to call it off.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I almost forgot that. I really started to sour on the angle when McMahon was revealed as the higher power. I remember alot of us hoping for Jake or Dibiase. Shit, even Brother Love. Still, I would have taken more Corporate Ministry over HHH that year, as you put it in your other post.
How is it possible anyone didn't know it was Vince

How is it possible anyone didn't know it was Vince
Dude, at the time I was 7.I was clueless to a lot of the shit they fed me. 16 years later I had to go back and see exactly how it all played off(because I forgot, time felt slower then than it does now) and I was disappointed.

Top Bottom