• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
1smM1Vp.gif

DTA YA DUMB SON OF A BITCH!
Don't trust assholes

I'm still lost as to why SNH isn't on the network. I feel like I'm lost every Raw because I don't have whatever went on the previous night.

Alberto is allowed to work Puerto Rico

An angle aired today on WWC television to build an Alberto Del Rio vs. Ray Gonzalez match with Del Rio coming for revenge for what Gonzalez did to Ricardo Rodriguez, and Gonzalez looking for revenge for Alberto beating up his son in an angle shot before he signed with WWE. WWE confirmed to us that he will be working the next major show that they’re pushing. Carlos Colon works as a local promoter for WWE, and his son and nephew (Los Matadores/Primo and Epico) are allowed a certain number of dates they can work for him each year.

Zach

Unsurprisingly, Eddie/Jericho from Fall Brawl '97 was excellent. Very jiffable. Guerrero with some great heelmanship. And that frog splash: incredible.

Side note because it cannot be said enough: wrasslin' is infinitely better with traditional, understated camerawork, as opposed to WWE's current nonsense.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still think Kevin Owens is the best bet for winning the Tournament at this point, unless they plan on turning Reigns.

Real talk: he is literally, honestly, no trolling, too fat.

Vince is never going to get behind a guy that looks like Owens, he just doesn't believe in it. If he was seven foot tall, he might get a token run, but he is not only too big around the waist, he is also on the relative smaller side.

The only chance Owens has is if Vince gets a stroke and can no longer book the shows.

Fox318

Unsurprisingly, Eddie/Jericho from Fall Brawl '97 was excellent. Very jiffable. Guerrero with some great heelmanship. And that frog splash: incredible.

Side note because it cannot be said enough: wrasslin' is infinitely better with traditional, understated camerawork, as opposed to WWE's current nonsense.
It really is amazing watching some of the older more simpler stuff.

That being said lucha underground did some cool stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not going to be the Big Show. If it's going to be any character from nearly 20 years ago, it's gotta be Kane.

It's gonna be Sheamus/Ambrose/Reigns/Owens and I'm excited.

Hell they could outright do the deadly games thing again where you assume Owens or Sheamus is the corporate champion and it's actually Ambrose or Owens (assuming Sheamus)

I also honestly wouldn't mind HHH saying fuck it and entering himself.

I used to enjoy bringing up Barrett and Rhodes in these sort of situations as potential choices, but that was before my hopes kept getting dashed for years and years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I used to enjoy bringing up Barrett and Rhodes in these sort of situations as potential choices, but that was before my hopes kept getting dashed for years and years.

Unless the tournament is gigantic there's no way they even make the brackets. Too far down the card.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But Barrett is the king of the ring jobbers!

Eight man tournament is probably:

Del Rio
Shameless
Ambrose
Reign over me, baby girl, believe that
Owens
Ryback
Ziggler
Big Show/Some NXT guy/It's gotta be Kane

16 or 32 would be hilarious, but they'd have to start on Monday.

Hex

Banned
Eight man tournament is probably:

Del Rio
Shameless
Ambrose
Reign over me, baby girl, believe that
Owens
Ryback
Ziggler
Big Show/Some NXT guy/It's gotta be Kane

16 or 32 would be hilarious, but they'd have to start on Monday.

Del Rio
Thwagger
Ryback
Ziggler
Big Slow
Big E
Ambrose
Rusev

Reigns won't be in it because he gets the match already at SS.
Sheamus and Rusev may be swapped as well as Owens and Big E but I feel solid about the rest.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No, they're definitely going to screw Reigns and put him in the tournament instead of making him Shao Kahn, unless of course he's secretly the corporate champion.

Ithil

I'd hate to see Cesaro or Ambrose beaten down into those forever midcard spots like BNB or Cody.

Heroman

Banned
Real talk: he is literally, honestly, no trolling, too fat.

Vince is never going to get behind a guy that looks like Owens, he just doesn't believe in it. If he was seven foot tall, he might get a token run, but he is not only too big around the waist, he is also on the relative smaller side.

The only chance Owens has is if Vince gets a stroke and can no longer book the shows.

Vince has some faith in owens, he one of the few people to beat cena clean.

It sucks, I'd be willing to even buy the discs if they weren't outrageous, but nope, not even that.

As is said every time this is brought up, it's getting worked on. Having a season 2 was more important deservedly, and everything else would come after finding that out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
imagine Shiozaki a Grand Slam champion, hah

He's one of the best workers of the year.

A much better worker than Okada
Every WrasslinGAF fantasy booking includes the phrase "...and then Roman Reigns turns heel!"

I don't want Roman to turn heel. His look is all he's got going. He can't even handle boring chants, and I'm supposed to want him as the bad guy? The party that leads the feud?

Kaladin

Breaking Ground is one of the best things they could have done on the Network. I love all the behind the scenes stuff. The real behind the scenes stuff. It's candid and doesn't hold back.....why are there only ten episodes?

Oh the irony,

Bossman issues a challenge and talks about ripping hearts out. Bulldog comes out.

Eventually both of their hearts will well, uh you know.

Breaking Ground is one of the best things they could have done on the Network. I love all the behind the scenes stuff. The real behind the scenes stuff. It's candid and doesn't hold back.....why are there only ten episodes?

Hedging their bets if it goes sideways

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Original Network/Youtube stuff by WWE is some of the best content they produce. Why they don't use more of these segments to kill time on RAW is a fucking mystery.

Zach

Jeff Jarrett is doing one of those silly chat room Q & A's that WCW did in '97 and he just said he'd show everyone why they call him the greatest wrestler in the world. I must know who has ever said such a thing. I want to meet these people. And then paint them.

Jeff Jarrett is doing one of those silly chat room Q & A's that WCW did in '97 and he just said he'd show everyone why they call him the greatest wrestler in the world. I must know who has ever said such a thing. I want to meet these people. And then paint them.

Why would you hit Tennessee Lee??

Original Network/Youtube stuff by WWE is some of the best content they produce. Why they don't use more of these segments to kill time on RAW is a fucking mystery.
Well why else would you buy the network?
Jarrett is so full of himself. The guy was never main event material and the fact that he felt like Austin should've given him the favour again is absurd. Russo was an idiot for even thinking that this guy should/could run as a top guy in the company. He's mid carder at best for life and we have witnessed that his entire career. When he was champ in wCw that shit was nothing but a mid card title. TNA was full of mid carders and that's all they were the exception of Sting and the WWE rejects. Jarrett needs to be put in a locked room with real main eventers to preach to him that he's nothing but a guy meant for the mid card. Every promotion needs them and he's just that. Fucking deal with it. He couldn't even hoist the WWE title in these twilight hours

Well why else would you buy the network?

Jarrett is so full of himself. The guy was never main event material and the fact that he felt like Austin should've given him the favour again is absurd. Russo was an idiot for even thinking that this guy should/could run as a top guy in the company. He's mid carder at best for life and we have witnessed that his entire career. When he was champ in wCw that shit was nothing but a mid card title. TNA was full of mid carders and that's all they were the exception of Sting and the WWE rejects. Jarrett needs to be put in a locked room with real main eventers to preach to him that he's nothing but a guy meant for the mid card. Every promotion needs them and he's just that. Fucking deal with it. He couldn't even hoist the WWE title in these twilight hours

Jarrett could never get himself truly over with all the silly rigged guitars and failed catch phrases. "The guy with aaaaall The Stroke around here!" Terrible...

I would have been fine with JJ winning the Hardcore title a couple of times back when it was being passed around from wrestler to wrestler like a Bella, but that was about his realistic ceiling.

Jeff Jarrett was like a homeless man's Shane Douglas...so like, a Justin Credible's Shane Douglas.

Jarrett should've never held any title whatsoever, in my opinion.
I'd be fine with that too. If only he was light enough to hold the lhw title so he'd be off tv for a while

Slapnuts!!

I mean, c'mon.
When I was a kid that was funny, but hearing it now, not so much.
I would have been fine with JJ winning the Hardcore title a couple of times back when it was being passed around from wrestler to wrestler like a Bella, but that was about his realistic ceiling.

Jeff Jarrett was like a homeless man's Shane Douglas...so like, a Justin Credible's Shane Douglas.
Aha ha! Olol.

Can you all tell me more about The Franchise? I didn't watch ECW when it was at its peak(didn't even know where to watch it.). I knew about RVD, Sandman, Sabu, and a few more but not much about Shane.

Top Bottom