• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

n64-wcw-vs-the-world-comic-book-ad-blog-size.png
Nash: "look at this shit. Its fucking fake. Who would play fucking fake sports. I mean it's entertainment, none of this matters"

So just throwing this out there but I would love to see WWE take a page out of the UFC playbook and make the Survivor Series tourney winner the "interim champion". Would make for a ready made feud when Rollins returns and provide a fresh series of matches.

According to The Wrestling Observer, Sting could be a possible partner for The Undertaker and Kane at WWE Survivor Series as he is able to wrestle following an injury sustained at Night of Champions.

Sting is not confirmed, however, as ‘Taker and Kane’s partner, and as of now there remains no word as to who might team up with The Brothers of Destruction. It’s also possible the match might be a 2 on 4 elimination match pitting Kane and Undertaker vs The Wyatt Family.

Davey

Ithil

According to The Wrestling Observer, Sting could be a possible partner for The Undertaker and Kane at WWE Survivor Series as he is able to wrestle following an injury sustained at Night of Champions.

Sting is not confirmed, however, as ‘Taker and Kane’s partner, and as of now there remains no word as to who might team up with The Brothers of Destruction. It’s also possible the match might be a 2 on 4 elimination match pitting Kane and Undertaker vs The Wyatt Family.

Davey

Wrestlezone strikes again.

Zach

The problem with Jeff Jarrett is that he's bland. And don't get me wrong, he seems bright enough to realize this and tries really hard to be a performer, but he's just not. He's just some boring guy who, unfortunately for us all, went into the wrong business. He is bland to his very core. No matter how many catchphrases he tries, or horses he rides, or Christmas light-adorned intro attires he wears, or sexy valets he has, he will never overcome his natural (dis)ability to bore.

Jarrett is a good wrestler who doesn't really have an it factor. He had plenty of good matches but no classics. I think people hate on his ring work more than they should but I'd agree he shouldn't be a world champion.

Hex

Banned
Wrestlezone strikes again.

Part of me would dream team it with Taker, Kane, Brock, and Sting.
Sting could do it because with the family they could do alot of old school rest hold style.
But then Brock, Brock would destroy the family.

Zach

Jarrett is a good wrestler who doesn't really have an it factor. He had plenty of good matches but no classics. I think people hate on his ring work more than they should but I'd agree he shouldn't be a world champion.
He's generally technically solid, sure. I totally agree.

But he has absolutely no charisma. Well, maybe a thimble's worth. Crush is the wrestler with absolutely no charisma.

F'ing Crush.

Goldust has such a weird arc in 98
Goldust was fucking hot. The fued between he and Venis is one of my favourites of all time. I fell in love with him but I was legit afraid of him. Go back to 96' though so you can see him in hos glory.

Wasn't HBK vs Eddie on the card that year? What a match it could've been.
Imagine the promos.
1994 country music Double-J was fantastic.
His attire was awesome. That's about it.

Goldust has such a weird arc in 98

Yep. Started out as TAFKAG. Then became Dustin Rhodes again in the middle of the year. Then became religious Dustin Rhodes. Then became Goldust again in a weird ass feud with Val Venis. Val was the clear babyface and Rhodes was the heel. But when he became Goldust again, he became the babyface and Venis became the heel. Then Goldust turned heel again in early 1999, had a two-week cup of coffee with the Intercontinental title, they started GTV for him (remember it was originally GDTV), randomly left the WWF, and went back to WCW. Where it got even weirder.

So I started watching Lucha Underground to try to catch up before season 2. I'm kicking myself for not watching this earlier, I might like this more than NXT. Prince Puma is awesome.

Yep. Started out as TAFKAG. Then became Dustin Rhodes again in the middle of the year. Then became religious Dustin Rhodes. Then became Goldust again in a weird ass feud with Val Venis. Val was the clear babyface and Rhodes was the heel. But when he became Goldust again, he became the babyface and Venis became the heel. Then Goldust turned heel again in early 1999, had a two-week cup of coffee with the Intercontinental title, they started GTV for him (remember it was originally GDTV), randomly left the WWF, and went back to WCW. Where it got even weirder.
In retrospect, Dustin screwed Dustin.

Raw64life

Just finished Power Struggle. Honma/Ishii was great. And I generally find Karl Anderson bland and boring as fuck but I have to give him credit, there were actually moments where it looked like he belonged in the same ring as Nakamura. Pumped for
AJ/Nakamura
. Should be MOTN easily. Can't see what Tanahashi and Okada can do that they haven't done already.

Fired up Clash of Champions XII and it started out with a Michael Hayes video, followed by the Fabulous Freebirds coming out decked out in confederate flag face paint and robes to face....the Southern Boys also decked out in confederate flag coats.

You mean you don't want to see Lucha Dragon Prince Puma?
Huh?

What I'm saying is this, everyone ia saying that Kalisto is amazing and that Pac was superb but outside of NXT I don't see that. You know? I'm saying maybe it's better that Puma stays away. Unless Vince really wants him to be his new Lucha guy. I don't know much about these guys but that's just my 2 cents.

Huh?

What I'm saying is this, everyone ia saying that Kalisto is amazing and that Pac was superb but outside of NXT I don't see that. You know? I'm saying maybe it's better that Puma stays away. Unless Vince really wants him to be his new Lucha guy. I don't know much about these guys but that's just my 2 cents.

That was supposed to be a joke about how Kalisto has gone nowhere since he hit the main roster. Should of added a /s

Davey

2 on 4 is ridiclous, Kane and Dickkicker better get destroyed or the Wyatt's will never live that down.

With some folks in here going through the attitude era and nitro, I thought I would try something different.

Since it's what WWE intended, I will be going through Brock lesnar's original run from his debut to wm xx. That includes the Raws of 2002 (but not 2003 since they are unavailable) and the smackdowns. This is the pro wrestling I grew up with. Excited to see where it goes.

JavyOO7

Jeff Jarrett or Dolph Ziggler. JJ wasn't the world's greatest or anything but in the tail end of WCW I found him one of the few bright spots of that promotion. 'Slapnuts this' or 'slapnuts that' may have been grating but I find it less so than the phony butt that is Dolph Ziggler. The only thing that Dolph Ziggler steals is time that could be better utilized by someone who is more entertaining than he is in that roster (which is mostly everybody)...

I hope everyone complaining about what chants now realize that in its heyday, the what chants were fired at rapid speed throughout every second.

With some folks in here going through the attitude era and nitro, I thought I would try something different.

Since it's what WWE intended, I will be going through Brock lesnar's original run from his debut to wm xx. That includes the Raws of 2002 (but not 2003 since they are unavailable) and the smackdowns. This is the pro wrestling I grew up with. Excited to see where it goes.
I can sum up all the Raws for you ☺.

Actually just play WWE 2k15

Top Bottom