• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
RAW MARCH 18, 2002

It's the Raw after mania x8 and hhh is the new undisputed champ. Company is still called WWF. Hollywood hogan comes out to the Montreal Canada crowd and he is OVER. He looks pretty slick in his NWO muscle shirt and cowboy slacks. He talks about how he was planning to beat The Rock down but didn't expect 70,000 HULKAMANIACS CHEERING FOR HOGAN BROTHERJACKDUDE. He says it was an honor to wrestle Rock and assures him that there will be a rematch. Out comes The Rock, and the crowd is pretty partisan. He has his usual FINALLY spiel and basically says he accepts the challenge anytime but he needs hogan to do something first. He needs Hogan to drop the NWO. Hogan tears off the NWO shirt and out come hall and Nash with the cool NWO filter. Hall and Nash call Hogan a traitor. The crowd are what chanting them to death but Nash shuts them down by calling Hogan a son of a bitch. The Rock calls for a tag match for tonight.

Decent segment. The Rock has found his cadence a long time ago and by this time he's delivering the same promo over and over.

RVD vs Christian for the IC title

Ugh, RAW's cd being called forcible entry

Short, three minute match. RVD literally has no offense aside from his usual spots. Christian has his church choir theme and mesh shirt. Christian tries to steal the title but DDP with a Fozzy shirt comes in to push Christian back in. RVD with the splash to retain. Blegh.

Jericho is backstage looking frustrated with his shiny wannabe rockstar gear. A random guy talks about him losing the title and how the crowd can't wait to rub it in. Why would any human being think he could say this to somebody without any reciprocation is beyond me. Jericho beats the dogshit out of this guy. I don't know if he was a stunt guy or what but Jericho was just laying into him. Jericho says the crowd won't have the chance and leaves. Not much of a segment.

Lita vs Trish

THE MOST EPIC RIVALRY IN THE HISTORY OF WOMEN'S WRESTLING. Lawler is in full creep mode PUPPIESPUPPIESPUPPIESPUPPIES. Tons of wolf whistles from the crowd. This match blows. Practically every shot is whiffed, and it's really sloppy. It only lasts 3 minutes after Lita hits a moonsault. Out comes Jazz to attack them both, which causes a temporary team up. Out comes cowboy hat wearing ivory to help jazz. Potential tag team I guess. Ivory and Jazz are really attractive to me, ivory in particular rocks that hat.

Landmark announcement from WWE CEO Linda McMahon. I remember this cutscene from Shut Your Mouth. She says that the animosity between Vince and Flair have caused the board of directors to split the brands, giving Flair RAW and Vince Smackdown. Next week they'll be a draft. Only the world title and women's title would appear on both shows.

Out comes Vince to bid farewell to RAW. He's really low energy here so it's kind of boring. Out comes Flair, fresh off his match with Taker from Mania. Vince mocks him relentlessly and challenges him to a coin toss to determine who the first draft pick will go to, which he wins. Cheap shot to Flair and Vince does the Flair strut before Ric gets up and puts him in the figure four. Vince's selling is hilarious. Kind of a nothing segment, but not unwatchable.

Edge and Kane vs Angel and Booker T

5 minute match. Angle still has hair, Edge comes out to Rob Zombie, and Kane has his awful transparent flame attire.My knowledge of WWE video games tell me that every single piece of offense from every guy is just their signature move. Edge wins with the edgecution. Lots of energy in this match, but nothing to care about.

Maven vs Al Snow for the hardcore title

It's time. Maven and Snow wail on each other with trash can lids. Out comes Spike Dudley with a stop sign shot on Maven. Suddenly out comes BROCK LESNAR. Spinebuster on Snow, F5 on Maven. Spike comes down on Brock but no effect. Spike sells the fuck out of Brock's offense. The triple powerbombs looked NASTY. Heyman raises his hand.

Replay of the opening segment. We then go backstage where Matt and Lita are slobbering all over each other. Regal taunts them by saying that they could be drafted to different shows and not see each other.

Dudleys vs Billy and Chuck for the tag titles

I'm still baffled that Billy and Chuck was a thing. Dudleys come out with Stacy Keibler. Match lasts like two minutes going at a million miles an hour. Billy and Chuck retain after Stacy interferes and hits Billy with the title. In retaliation for this, Bubba powerbombs Stacy through the table. While I'm not one to think women in pro wrestling should be completely untouchable, this was gratuitous and unnecessary.

Out comes champion HHH, with a limp. This fairly hot crowd is pretty tepid for HHH. He talks about doubting his return after tearing his quad. He shows a replay from last night showing his pedigree on Steph. Out comes Steph looking fine with a leather dress and matching neckbrace. She quickly pisses that all away by being TERRIBLE. Her lines, her delivery, everything is just a terrible performance. She says Jericho wants a title rematch next week. HHH suggests they up the ante by making it a handicap match, with Steph siding with Jericho. If she gets pinned, she has to leave the WWE. She accepts.

Hogan and Rock vs Hall and Nash

This crowd is so hot for Hogan. Rock in comparison barely gets a reaction. This is a fairly standard WWE "heels beat on face until the hot tag" tag match that goes for 8 minutes. The Rock is super sloppy tonight. Rock and Hogan win after the NWO leave the ring and get counted out. Rock and Hogan are pissed. Hogan even threatens to hit them with the yappapi strap BROTHER.

Bad RAW to start this era with. The WWF was going through growing pains and it shows. It's clear that the brand split was the top priority, and as a result tonight is just throwaway. All of the matches have no storytelling, just 3 minutes of signature moves over and over. I'll watch Smackdown tomorrow, and hope for the best.

miserable

R. Mika got censored. SFV saved!

tumblr_lyjmzke7aS1qcu71to1_400.gif

they censored a butt slap, but not the outfit and the jiggly boobs

lol Capcom

Menome

R. Mika got censored. SFV saved!

tumblr_lyjmzke7aS1qcu71to1_400.gif

Went to the thread expecting, hoping, that they'd covered up R.Mika's stupid bare-butt pants. Instead I find out it's 14/28 pages of people up in arms over two changed camera angles that don't affect the actual gameplay.

With this and the Xenoblade "censorship", I'm left thinking that I'm sure GAF wasn't this creeper-angry last year. I blame the flood of newbies (like myself).

And millennials of course.

Got my tickets for the WWE Live show at The Forum yesterday. Went to The Forum so I wouldn't have to pay the $18 service fee for each ticket through ticketmaster.

We got good seats. Section 110.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JJ was the perfect guy to lead Russo's WCW, a fine IC champion, and a a decent impersonation of low rent HHH is his days headlining TNA, aka being the impossible to beat heel who always overcomes no odds and squishes everyone or swerves them when he doesn't.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes, garbage should be lead by garbage.

It's a dismissive way to look at it, but generally correct.

His final tour with the WWF began as a shoot I'm a second generation transcendent wrestling star gimmick (before don't piss me off JJ) and if you combine the two you not only have Russo's fingerprints all over it but you also get his WCW Russo character. A misogynist who hit people with a guitar, thought he was the chosen one (and he was, sort of) and talked in wrestling lingo.

Out comes Steph looking fine with a leather dress and matching neckbrace. She quickly pisses that all away by being TERRIBLE. Her lines, her delivery, everything is just a terrible performance.

Yep. Steph may be a god-tier bitch on the mic now, but she was absolutely channel-change awful back in 2001-2002 when she was booking herself into 10-minute promos every single week. She was absolutely terrible.

KingBroly

Banned
Yep. Steph may be a god-tier bitch on the mic now, but she was absolutely channel-change awful back in 2001-2002 when she was booking herself into 10-minute promos every single week. She was absolutely terrible.

She had a match against Vince, too.

That was weird.

Went to the thread expecting, hoping, that they'd covered up R.Mika's stupid bare-butt pants. Instead I find out it's 14/28 pages of people up in arms over two changed camera angles that don't affect the actual gameplay.

With this and the Xenoblade "censorship", I'm left thinking that I'm sure GAF wasn't this creeper-angry last year. I blame the flood of newbies (like myself).

GG is the obvious blame point there. I almost posted about the SF thread in that toxic fanbase thread, but thought better of it. I'm happy to call out animu bullshit from the safety of WrassleGAF

Zach

She has never not been channel-change awful for me. I see what you're saying -- she's improved on the mic or whatever -- but her overbearing, wannabe-Vince-yet-with-little-to-no-comeuppance character is one of the least entertaining, most obnoxious things about the WWE since I've returned to the wrassle.

Fuck yeah, Tenryu's retirement show is going to be live on NJPW World;

YfdyqGa.jpg

Tenryu Project, "REVOLUTION: FINAL", 2015/11/15
Ryogoku Kokugikan

01. Jushin Liger, Ryota Chikuzen, Gurukun Mask, Shigeno Shima & Dragon JOKER vs Onryo, Kuuga, TARU, Minoru Fujita & Yasu Kubota
02. Great Kabuki, KAI & Buki vs Great Kojika, Jun Kasai & Toru Sugiura
03. Shiro Koshinaka & Arashi vs Taiyo Kea & Yuto Aijima
04. Ricky Fuji & Sanshiro Takagi vs Kikutaro & The Winger
05. Meiko Satomura & Tomoko Miyagi vs DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko
06. Yoshinari Ogawa & Kendo Kashin vs NOSAWA Rongai & Kenichiro Arai
07. Koki Kitahara, Ryuji Hijikata & Kotaro Nasu vs Katsuhiko Nakajima, Hikaru Sato & Kazuki Hashimoto
08. Riki Choshu & Tomohiro Ishii vs Akitoshi Saito & Ryuichi Kawakami
09. Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Yoshihiro Takayama vs Minoru Suzuki & Kazunari Murakami
10. Suwama & Yuji Okabayashi vs Kazuyuki Fujita & Daisuke Sekimoto
11. Revolution: FINAL - Genichiro Tenryu vs Kazuchika Okada

Goddamn, what a random-ass card. Really looking forward to Ricky Fuji & Takagi vs Kiku & The Winger, also Choshu & Ishii teaming again! Matches 9 & 10 should be killer, as well. Hope the main event delivers, Tenryu needs to go out with a bang.

He's one of the best workers of the year.

A much better worker than Okada

LOL. I wouldn't say I disagree with you, I just find it amusing that it so clearly pisses you off that Okada's on top.

acrid

Banned

Its always the millenials. They ruined everything.

RAW MARCH 18, 2002

Jericho is backstage looking frustrated with his shiny wannabe rockstar gear. A random guy talks about him losing the title and how the crowd can't wait to rub it in. Why would any human being think he could say this to somebody without any reciprocation is beyond me. Jericho beats the dogshit out of this guy. I don't know if he was a stunt guy or what but Jericho was just laying into him. Jericho says the crowd won't have the chance and leaves. Not much of a segment.

The guy he attacked was Sylvain Grenier, who would later be in La Resistance.

I hope with Seth's injury they actually plant some seeds for a face turn when he comes back. The Monday after the tournament should be the last time we even hear his name until he returns. Let someone be the Authority's new guy either an existing heel who could use it or turn someone in the finals of the tournament to be the guy. Monday they celebrate and just bury the shit out of Rollins but never get a response and he's completely written off the show and we don't see or hear from him again (that includes Seth having a social media blackout) until he comes back, preferably as a surprise or if we can't have it be a surprise a "surprise" face turn on the Authority who despite what they said on the post-Survivor Series Raw are trying to welcome him back. He's a guy who they rode and rode until he broke down and then him threw away like garbage when he needed them most. Get a bit meta with it with reflecting the way many view how Vince treats talent, make him feel like an outsider.

If he comes back in six months have him take out some Authority flunkies to build up that match Triple H/Rollins match meant for WrestleMania and do it at Summerslam, if he's actually out nine months (which I very much doubt) then he'll still be back just in time for Summerslam anyway so skip the flunkies or just do it on Raw to help build it.

Of course WWE wouldn't do any of this. We'll probably be getting regular updates, interviews, social media postings and so on so people won't miss seeing him and pop as loud when he comes back and it'll be business as usual. In a "perfect world" the one to turn would be Roman but they're too busy trying to make him Cena 2.0 so that's probably never going to happen.

Well this is the greatest episode of UpUpDownDown yet, Tecmo Bowl with Curtis Axel feat Mark Henry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeuodyeBT8I

Mark immediately choosing his nickname as Sexual Chocolate "it's the only name I've ever had"

Geez, Woods got smoked in that game.

The episode with Sasha Banks playing Sailor Moon was pretty great, I think it made me love her even more just finding out how much of a geek she was. (Side note: The Chaser really is a good flick)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z51zBJ3fK-c

Oersted

She needs consistency for godtier. Steph is set to outdo Slow in terms of turns.

Savitar

Roman Reigns was to win at Seth Rollins favorite event, SummerSlam:

Source: 11/08/15 WOR

"Roman was going to win it (WWE Title) at Survivor Series, that was the plan, I figured it, but it didn't know for sure, but in fact it is for sure, he was going to win it at Survivor Series, I don't know if he's going to win the tournament, because they got to get a heel hot."

Fuck yeah, Tenryu's retirement show is going to be live on NJPW World;

YfdyqGa.jpg

Tenryu Project, "REVOLUTION: FINAL", 2015/11/15
Ryogoku Kokugikan

01. Jushin Liger, Ryota Chikuzen, Gurukun Mask, Shigeno Shima & Dragon JOKER vs Onryo, Kuuga, TARU, Minoru Fujita & Yasu Kubota
02. Great Kabuki, KAI & Buki vs Great Kojika, Jun Kasai & Toru Sugiura
03. Shiro Koshinaka & Arashi vs Taiyo Kea & Yuto Aijima
04. Ricky Fuji & Sanshiro Takagi vs Kikutaro & The Winger
05. Meiko Satomura & Tomoko Miyagi vs DASH Chisako & Sendai Sachiko
06. Yoshinari Ogawa & Kendo Kashin vs NOSAWA Rongai & Kenichiro Arai
07. Koki Kitahara, Ryuji Hijikata & Kotaro Nasu vs Katsuhiko Nakajima, Hikaru Sato & Kazuki Hashimoto
08. Riki Choshu & Tomohiro Ishii vs Akitoshi Saito & Ryuichi Kawakami
09. Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Yoshihiro Takayama vs Minoru Suzuki & Kazunari Murakami
10. Suwama & Yuji Okabayashi vs Kazuyuki Fujita & Daisuke Sekimoto
11. Revolution: FINAL - Genichiro Tenryu vs Kazuchika Okada

Goddamn, what a random-ass card. Really looking forward to Ricky Fuji & Takagi vs Kiku & The Winger, also Choshu & Ishii teaming again! Matches 9 & 10 should be killer, as well. Hope the main event delivers, Tenryu needs to go out with a bang.

LOL. I wouldn't say I disagree with you, I just find it amusing that it so clearly pisses you off that Okada's on top.

More interesting in that. Semi main event

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Roman Reigns was to win at Seth Rollins favorite event, SummerSlam:

Why? Why do they have to have a heel hot? Heels hold all titles at this point.

Owens would be a terrible choice.

klonere

Banned
Why? Why do they have to have a heel hot? Heels hold all titles at this point.

Owens would be a terrible choice.

If Roman wins who is he feuding with? All he'll have is Sheamus (lol) and Owens who has beaten Ryback by poking him in the eyes.

I assume the idea was to beat Rollins a bunch of times and then move on to whoever else they had started to build up.

Menome

I can't see Owens getting it properly yet. Even if he does get the Belt at Survivor Series, whomever wins is going to get cashed in on by Sheamus. Although that possibly means a six-month Sheamus title reign until Wrestlemania. :/

Top Bottom