• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

moop1167

I get home from Dallas tomorrow evening so I can play some then. I doubt I am on the playoff roster but if a spot opens up I can probably play this week sometime. Do they start tomorrow?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This snow is some bullshit. I'm up for games today / tonight if anyone is, I think the playoffs start tomorrow Moop

here are the Games Played totals for November:

FWD
Legit - 115
Aces - 108
Milly - 82

Moop - 49
Rev - 19

DEF

Viz - 77
Delryk - 51

Schuey - 13
Swim - 6

Red_Man

True, I'll leave it up to Viz. We'll probably be doing the games tomorrow night Schuey, will you be available then?

Stat!

If the playoffs start tomorrow, I won't be on till 9PM. Every other day, I'm up for whenever.

I might be on later for practice if anyone is still playing/up for it.

gg's tonight

playoffs tomorrow at 11pm EST

Legit
Aces
Milly
Viz
Schuey

Delryk if you are feeling good enough to play let us know as early as possible so Schuey doesn't have has night held hostage only to not get a spot

Same thing for Milly, if you decide saving Princess Leia on your new PC is more important, let us know so Moop knows to not OD and showup

Red_Man

GGs squeaked out like 4-5 OT wins and finished the month at 176 in the Elite division. Good work everybody.

Milly79

Should know early if I'll be able to play tomorrow or not. Delivery is showing Tuesday, but it's like 40 mins north. Wouldn't be surprised if it comes tomorrow.

Red_Man

Alright, games at 11, I'll be on earlier if others want to get some practice games before Schuey hops on

Stat!

Game 3: Opponent? 41-6-6.

These guys clog everything. We get outplayed in the first period and they score on a short side goal. At the end of the first period, we are poke checked, hit, and clogged. They outscored, outchance, and out time-on-attack us. 1-0 them.Second period? More of the same. We are barely staying in it. With 1:30 left, we get a powerplay. Unfortunately, a botched clear ends up with a tic-tac-toe play into our net. 2-0. We barely have any chances and we're down 2-0 heading into the third with barely any chances.

Third period. 5:22 in. They make a rare mistake. Breakaway. Goal. 2-1. We're back in it. 8 minutes left. Backbreaker. They score making it 3-1 off an errant pokecheck that gives them a wide open net. 2 minutes left. We're done. It's all over. But wait!Milly goes deep off a dump. Throws it out in front. Backhanded in. 3-2. 30 seconds left. NBPK is putting the pressure on. 25 seconds left. Shot out front. 23 seconds left. Rebound in the middle of the air. 22 seconds left. Puck in the air, Milly bats it in. One of the most clutch goals ever! 3-3 to overtime!

Overtime opens up, they get a wicked chance. Miss the net. Otherwise, rejuvenated, we are locking them down.They take a penalty. On the delayed call, we put the pressure on but can't capitalize. Milly comes in throws it on net. I head straight for the net. Goalie can't find it. Goal. 4-3 in an unbelievable comeback. Viz/Scheuy lock things up. Legit was a force all night. Milly with the sick goal. It was awesome.

Game 4: Not much here except we wrecked the other team.

Back to back Elite banners with a top 200 record! Way to go guys!

Congrats to Legit, Aces, Milly and Schuey and myself for capping off the month the only way we know how around here by bringing home another Elite banner.

We had a hell of a month, for not really having a whole lot of consistency with people away playing Halo and other stuff.

Last month I set the goals of:
Finishing ranked inside the Top 200... 179 Overall. CHECK
Defending our Elite Banner... Status = Defended. CHECK

Great job to everyone who contributed this month!

Here's the video of Milly's clutch "bat-in" goal that tied the 3rd game against that tough team. This is going down as one of the historic goals in GAF EASHL history, as we managed to come back from 2 goals down in the final minutes of the game to force OT to keep our season alive.
http://youtu.be/0jl1uE9LN3M

and of course
nov12take2.jpg

and for Legit or anyone else that wants to rock an avy

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x142/shockgeez04/NHL13/nov12avytake2.jpg

Red_Man

tVHN1.gif

Good fucking shit tonight from everyone. Out of the three banners I've been apart of, this is the best one yet. Everyone pulled their weight, and even Schuey busted out a couple snipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jl1uE9LN3M&feature=youtu.be

SuzAW.jpg

SuzAW.jpg

SuzAW.jpg

Best game we've won in the entire time I've been on the team, and a note on this goal, Schuey did a great job of keeping the puck in the zone and getting it to me to lead to the rebound. Aces also came out with a hatty to win it in OT, classic game. That banner is sexy as hell too Viz, good job.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome games guys. That 3rd game is probably one of my favorite Xbox Live moments.. It was so good I have to rock the banner as well.

Nice. 2 in a row.

Thanks bro

Moop we gotta get you in the playoffs next month, you've played too many games to have not gotten a shot yet

As long as you're active this month, I'd hope one of wingers would offer to sit even if they have more games played for December's playoffs

moop1167

Thanks bro

Moop we gotta get you in the playoffs next month, you've played too many games to have not gotten a shot yet

As long as you're active this month, I'd hope one of wingers would offer to sit even if they have more games played for December's playoffs

I should be fairly active this month but I will be out of town over the holidays which is when I assume the playoffs start. Might be tricky.

I'll be in tonight if people want to play some.

Red_Man

Holiday playoffs will be tough to arrange for everyone I assume. If I can ffinish a paper I have due I'll hop on tonight.

ANNOUNCEMENT

We are opening up a roster spot to bring on a Defenseman

if you read the last page or so of this thread you can get the gist of what kind of level club we are:
  • 179 overall in Elite last month
  • 461 overall for NHL13
  • 2 time Elite Playoff Champs
if you are interested in playing along with us and meet the following requirements:

• member of GAF
  • have experience playing EASHL
  • know what you are doing at the defenseman position
  • and will be active (at least a few games a week)
post in here and we will arrange a tryout

Because there are so many stud defenseman on GAF that haven't tried out arleady...

you never know who's lurking and new people are always joining GAF, so you never know who's out there

they don't have to be studs, just familiar enough with the EASHL and playing defense that they can help us

Top Bottom