• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nayuta no Kiseki |OT|

The removal of Legend of Heroes from the title of this game is the main thing that makes me uncertain about any links. But it's possible that they did that because it's a different type of game instead.

So you dont't think Falcom will abandon turn-based in favor of this, do you? I mean if it's only a loose connection and all.

Of course I have no idea what they have in the pipe, so maybe I'm worrying for nothing.

Aeana

So you dont't think Falcom will abandon turn-based in favor of this, do you? I mean if it's only a loose connection and all.
No, I don't. This could very well become its own series. Falcom still has a long way to go with the Zemuria storyline, and odds are pretty good that they won't rock the boat too much on that one in terms of battle system. The next game is probably in development right now, since Nayuta has been in development since just after Zero.

Aeana

According to the picture, we have a forest level, a fire level and an ice level. Yup, its a video game.

Trolling aside, the game seems interesting.

And I figure this would be the place to ask: I know of Falcom, but I have not ever played one of their games, so I ask: what are the "must-plays"? I was thinking of picking up Ys on Steam, but I don't know if they are even "good" really.
Both games on Steam are great, and good places to start as well.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
According to the picture, we have a forest level, a fire level and an ice level. Yup, its a video game.

Trolling aside, the game seems interesting.

And I figure this would be the place to ask: I know of Falcom, but I have not ever played one of their games, so I ask: what are the "must-plays"? I was thinking of picking up Ys on Steam, but I don't know if they are even "good" really.
I've played a few Falcom games before, namely Ys Origins on PC and Ys VI The Ark of Napishtim on PS2 - Origins wasn't bad but I didn't like VI.
Yesterday I've tried Oath in Felghana on the PSP and this game is one of the best action RPGs I've played - definitely give it a spin, since it's one of the Ys games available on Steam.

Of course I have no idea what they have in the pipe, so maybe I'm worrying for nothing.

If anything, it's possible that upcoming Zemuria Kiseki games might adapt a similar graphic style.

IE abandoning the pre-rendered chibi-models in favor of fully 3D ones.

Otherwise, abandoning the turn-based gameplay isn't going to happen. If they wanted to make a shift like that, they'd do it more slowly over the course of multiple games.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Re-reading what was said in the interviews, I actually think that Kondo may have been talking about the boss's story involvement. Maybe. I'm not positive.
I always liked this about Lufia 2. A few of the bosses had some good story inclusions, which made the game much more satisfying when fighting the boss

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Curious, but has anyone been able to obtain/read the Famitsu review?
Like I've said, they praised the pace (I think that's what the "tempo" refers to). And said that it's easy to get into even for beginners iirc. Can check the details later, since I don't have it with me now. It got 8 8 8 8 afair.

I have it. They also put the game at about 30 hours to clear and over 80 hours to do everything.

They all generally talk about how good the combat feels and how solid the pace is etc.

Same ole Famitsu shit really.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Floofy's got a subtitled version of the 13 minute video out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S7jTwYd_1yM

Too bad some of the dialogue and names aren't translated. What is the name of the town on Remnant Island that appears at 01:20? Is it something like Saints-Elysees?

Also, I'm really digging some of the steampunk-ish stuff like that large creature with the wheels and that platforming just looks so fun! More and more it feels like a Japanese Wizard of Oz. Heck, this almost looks better than that new Wizard of Oz movie. Ha!

Aeana

I actually sat down and watched the video, despite telling myself that I wasn't going to watch much of it at all. I'm surprised that 4Gamer didn't talk about the stage rewards and stuff.

Floofy's got a subtitled version of the 13 minute video out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S7jTwYd_1yM

Too bad some of the dialogue and names aren't translated. What is the name of the town on Remnant Island that appears at 01:20? Is it something like Saints-Elysees?

Also, I'm really digging some of the steampunk-ish stuff like that large creature with the wheels and that platforming just looks so fun! More and more it feels like a Japanese Wizard of Oz. Heck, this almost looks better than that new Wizard of Oz movie. Ha!

Just watched the trailer, very inspiring. Especially the music, it's very Trails-y...

However I wonder how it will play with the PSP's controls... I hope I can control the MC with the directional buttons.
One thing I didn't like was the menu based world map navigation, I hope it ends up being a hybrid like Lost Odyssey...

Love the music in the new movie, especially in the dungeon with all the gears.

The game also looks fun to play. If it was just a Falcom action RPG, I'd definitely import it, but this one's a story action RPG with Kiseki levels of dialogue, so I guess I'll wait until it's in a language I can understand.

"Hurry up!" (6:22) indeed!

LuuKyK

Wow, is it stage based now? You even have a rating at the end! Awesome! :p

Looks really cool. Shame on me for not knowing how to speak the moon language, which means I will probably never play it. :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
There is a new 13-minute play video put together by 4Gamer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHNTXK9MAM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Shows lots of stuff. It gives a really good idea of the structure and flow of the game. It seems that the pace of the combat is much more in line with Ys 7 than Zwei, so I'm very pleased.
Whoa, this actually looks... better than expected. And there's actual platforming with double-jumping. The combat looks relatively decent here, but I want to see more of it.

I'll add that the art design in this game looks amazing.

Nnnggg... still will probably wait for impressions, but man, that video made the wait pretty hard.

The webshow Denjin Gabu had Falcom's president, Toshihiro Kondo on to show the game off.

http://www.esterior.net/2012/07/nayuta-no-kiseki-on-denjin-gabu/

Must not watch. I resisted the temptation to watch 4gamer's play video, might as well jump in completely clean at this point!

My body is ready though. If they can deliver something on the level of any of the Sora games (because I've yet to jump into the Crossbell ones) it should be nothing short of brilliant.

Aeana

I wish I had avoided the videos, kinda, but now I'm really excited since my earlier fears about it being basically Zwei 3 have been completely eradicated.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
sM4Rj.jpg

:D Gonna start it up in a bit. Will mess around with P4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena

Parakeetman

Grabbed it after work today. Huzzah!

The acoustic live has some good stuff on it too. Didn't get the mini soundtrack though. =(

I WIN! Seriously though I thought all that stuff came together for anyone who pre-ordered?

If you feel any better I didnt get the P4 - Mayonaka Arena sound track since I was stupid and didnt pre-order... D: Which drives me insane since the music is pretty damned good.

Aeana

The soundtrack was a retailer specific item. Falcom partnered with specific retailers to give different seasonal versions of it, and not every retailer got one.

Parakeetman

No kidding I did not know that. D: Weird, considering the store I usually purchase from is a smaller place. (not a major chain sorta thing)

Parakeetman

I unfortunately didn't preorder either. Le sigh.

At least I feel better knowing Im not the only one. Btw you saw how crazy the market place prices are on Amazon? Like 8k and up. Amazon has been out of its stock for a while so all the opportunists are out of the woodworks in force.

Really was hoping to have gotten the soundtrack regardless, but must have been a literal limited number just for pre-orders only with no extras for early non-reservation launch purchases. It comes in a paper sleeve though which was a bit of a shame, considering Id consider it a collectors item. Even more so when that "Nayuta no Kiseki" game came with cases. Guess Ill have to wait for the official ST to be released.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oooo... you guys'd better write about how good the Acoustic album is. I'm a sucker for acoustic stuff. Envious.

Looking forward to everyone's impressions. The last few videos made the game look pretty neat. If it's really good, I'll dive in too.

On that note, I finally ordered Sora no Kiseki The 3rd. I think I'm gonna start SC over when I get the chance since I've just been playing it off and on and it seems like the sort of game that I should try to play in longer sittings. I'm still moreso towards the beginning, like
Mercia Orphanage where you meet Teresa early
. So I don't feel like I'm going to lose much by starting over, I think.

Eusis

Wonder if the soundtrack will measure up to the best of the Trails series? I may want to grab ASAP on iTunes if so.

Oooo... you guys'd better write about how good the Acoustic album is. I'm a sucker for acoustic stuff. Envious.

Looking forward to everyone's impressions. The last few videos made the game look pretty neat. If it's really good, I'll dive in too.

On that note, I finally ordered Sora no Kiseki The 3rd. I think I'm gonna start SC over when I get the chance since I've just been playing it off and on and it seems like the sort of game that I should try to play in longer sittings. I'm still moreso towards the beginning, like
Mercia Orphanage where you meet Teresa early
. So I don't feel like I'm going to lose much by starting over, I think.

woooooooooooooooooooah i assume dyou would have played it already. you should definitely plauy it longer sittings, i'd recommend 1 chapter per sitting because i think it provides the best experience (especially for stuff like chapters 5, 6 and 8) but you need to have plenty if free time for that i guess. SC is an absolutely incredible experience right to the end so I'm sure you';ll enjoy it when you properly get into it (and hell, 3rd is great too and the closure it provides to the sora trilogy is just incredible)

Aeana

SC has some really low points, IMO, where the repetition of "going to this place and solving its problem" over and over starts to wear on you, but that doesn't really last for long.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So is SC a slow burn like FC was?

Man, if I had ordered from Play-Asia, they would have shipped it by now.
Yikes. I would've expected HMV to ship it by now...

woooooooooooooooooooah i assume dyou would have played it already. you should definitely plauy it longer sittings, i'd recommend 1 chapter per sitting because i think it provides the best experience (especially for stuff like chapters 5, 6 and 8) but you need to have plenty if free time for that i guess. SC is an absolutely incredible experience right to the end so I'm sure you';ll enjoy it when you properly get into it (and hell, 3rd is great too and the closure it provides to the sora trilogy is just incredible)
Nope; and I waited until FC got an English release to play it. But I don't think I'm gonna wait anymore for SC and 3rd, especially since I really want to get to Zero Vita. I did get the impression that I should probably play it in longer sittings than short bursts (though the same thing happened to FC too, so I don't know why I didn't take the hint...). Hope I enjoy it when I get the time to properly enjoy it.
I miss Joshua already.

So is SC a slow burn like FC was?

Not nearly as much so, if only because every chapter has a very clear and obvious connection to the main story.

About Nayuta: only an hour in and haven't hit a dungeon yet. Like the Falcom folk have said in interviews, NPC dialogue changes all the time meaning if you're like me, you're running around talking to everybody after every single event. Haha.

Love the visual design of the game. It's just so colorful and warm!

Parakeetman

Not nearly as much so, if only because every chapter has a very clear and obvious connection to the main story.

About Nayuta: only an hour in and haven't hit a dungeon yet. Like the Falcom folk have said in interviews, NPC dialogue changes all the time meaning if you're like me, you're running around talking to everybody after every single event. Haha.

Love the visual design of the game. It's just so colorful and warm!

Am going to have to leave the impressions to you brother, since I still got stuck with P4 and am trying to clear all the stories currently lol

SC has some really low points, IMO, where the repetition of "going to this place and solving its problem" over and over starts to wear on you, but that doesn't really last for long.

Nope; and I waited until FC got an English release to play it. But I don't think I'm gonna wait anymore for SC and 3rd, especially since I really want to get to Zero Vita. I did get the impression that I should probably play it in longer sittings than short bursts (though the same thing happened to FC too, so I don't know why I didn't take the hint...). Hope I enjoy it when I get the time to properly enjoy it.
I miss Joshua already.

There's definitely parts that can get tiresome, yeah, hence why I think it's best to try and fire through a chapter per sitting because even if the start of some of them manages to be repetitive, the end of every SC chapter manages to have some really great to incredible stuff in them. But again, you need a lot of free time for that so just try to play as much as possible whenever you fire it up.

As for Nayuta, I'll be firing it up in a bit. Hard mode (why is there no Nightmare ;_;) no items run should add some fun to it all.

Ays06d4CUAA1MNM.jpg

My swag. Game from Amazon. Got the two files in the picture from the Falcom event today.

Got about 2 hours in. Definitely a fun game.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
3 hours in, I think I'm near the end of the fist chapter. I'm a bit concerned by what Vivid tweeted earlier - quests are gone forever when a chapter ends.
Problem is I have one item which isn't a quest item but should be given to a specific NPC, which I can't do yet (?) and I wonder if I'll be able to do it later.

As for the game itself, I can't get to the chest in 1-2 (or 1-3?), which is
Protected by a hard tree.
I'm not sure if I missed something or should wait for some new ability/power to change seasons etc.

Other than that I really love it. I has that action rpg vibe back from the PSX days and plays/looks really good.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How do dungeons "flow" or are organized in this game so far? Plus how's the platforming, since the videos before showed off some double-jump platforming? Also, how is the combat feeling to people?

Feels like I'm asking a ton of questions. :x

Ays06d4CUAA1MNM.jpg

My swag. Game from Amazon. Got the two files in the picture from the Falcom event today.

Got about 2 hours in. Definitely a fun game.
Dat swag~ Those clear files look pretty cool too.

There's definitely parts that can get tiresome, yeah, hence why I think it's best to try and fire through a chapter per sitting because even if the start of some of them manages to be repetitive, the end of every SC chapter manages to have some really great to incredible stuff in them. But again, you need a lot of free time for that so just try to play as much as possible whenever you fire it up.
Thanks for answering, guys! I'll keep that in mind when I play through it. I assume that the series gets better and better with each and every release in terms of plot and whatnot.

The soundtrack already seemed better than FC's. I mostly wanna work towards Zero's though. :p

Aeana

HMV still didn't ship. Even though they were much cheaper, I most likely won't be using them again. The order has been "in progress" for days, and ever since that started, I haven't been able to cancel it or anything. But still no shipment.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How do dungeons "flow" or are organized in this game so far? Plus how's the platforming, since the videos before showed off some double-jump platforming? Also, how is the combat feeling to people?
Dungeons are linear with branching paths. Corridors feel a bit too narrow, at least in the first "zone", especially compared to Ys 7 which I've been playing since last week.
Platforming definitely is there - if you fall down a hole you lose a quite big chunk of life (5-10 while having 75 max for example). On the other hand, you can buy an accessories for Noi to reduce the falling/trap damage though.
The Noi accessory system really surprised me, since I expected only int+ items for here. It's much more than that. Her "head" and "accessory" slot are basically for items with different effects, like "increased drop of collection items" or the items reducing certain types of damage mentioned earlier.
Battle system isn't very complex yet but I'm glad it has both the invincibility-dodge (although I'd much rather have it on square after clearing Ys Felghana last week...) and the jump.
So far (4+ hours in) I'm loving the game, especially the hub town and the quests which don't feel forced. Rewards could be better, but maybe it'll come later.

Dungeons are linear with branching paths. Corridors feel a bit too narrow, at least in the first "zone"

Just finished chapter 1 and I'll agree with this. Hoping they get bigger as the game goes on.

Was rather surprised at that boss though, it felt pretty different from the stuff you fought in Ys games for some reason. Way too easy though.

Edit: Christ, some of the area design in this really is fantastic. Scene at the start of chapter 2 when
Noi takes you into アストロラーベ and activates it
I couldn't help but think "wow."

Aeana

A friend of mine gave me the PSN points necessary to buy it as an early birthday present. Does this still count as staying strong? (._. )

It's not downloading fast enough!

Top Bottom