• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nayuta no Kiseki |OT|

Embryon

Neo Member
I've logged a bit under two hours on this so far. My Japanese isn't great (just two years), but I'm understanding things pretty well. Nayuta's enthusiastic and naive, Signa's aloof but dependable, etc. I'm spending more time than I probably should trying to read everything, and it makes the game pretty taxing on my brain. Still, I'm having fun, and I look forward to exploring new areas and hearing new music.

I might ask for help if I get super stuck, haha. I hope XSEED picks this up for US release, because I'd buy it in an instant.

luca1980

Banned
In 2 years i will play it.
Do you buy the umd or did you download it with psn? Because I read that there are restrictions on payment cards

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
In 2 years i will play it.
Do you buy the umd or did you download it with psn? Because I read that there are restrictions on payment cards
If you want to buy it on the Japanese PSN, you need either a Japanese CC or the Japanese PSN points cards (which are sold here and there).

I'm in the Final Chapter. Man, this is just great stuff.

Really dug the one on one boss fight with Signa. The music was fucking perfect.

Sorry for the double post, but I just completed the game and have some thoughts on the whole shibang.

I'm actually really impressed with how well Falcom pulled off the story action RPG thing they were aiming for. Despite the fact that the story itself was a much smaller scale compared to the main Kiseki series, it still had that same care and attention to detail that I've come to expect from these games. Little details about the world that Nayuta and his buddies live in really helped pull me into the game.

It's kind of surprising when compared to Ys 7, Falcom's last attempt at an action RPG with a heavy dose of story. While my time with the cast of Nayuta no Kiseki was incredibly short next to any of the recent Kiseki titles, I still felt really attached to them. I'll admit it; I shed a few tears during choice scenes.

Gameplay only got better as the game went on, with my initial boss issues resolving themselves around the 3rd battle. I was never over-leveled so each one was still a ton of fun. And the music? So fucking good. I can't wait for an official soundtrack release.

I literally completed the game like 20 minutes ago so this is undoubtedly an incoherent mess, but man I loved this game.

How would you rate it (gameplay) in comparison to other Falcom ARPGs?

The platforming adds a lot to the game and unlike Ys 7, there aren't a ton of useless abilities. I found myself using everything in my arsenal at one point or another. I'd recommend playing the game on hard rather than medium, though the latter does get more challenging after the first couple of chapters.

I think I had more fun playing it than I did with Ys 7, and this is coming from someone who really loved that game. The level design and season switching really adds a lot to the whole package.

hongcha

Anyone get the umd passport to work for this yet? It is about 9am on the 23rd in Japan, and I just tried to get the download version via umd passport. They keep saying the game is not available.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anyone get the umd passport to work for this yet? It is about 9am on the 23rd in Japan, and I just tried to get the download version via umd passport. They keep saying the game is not available.
Japanese store usually updates between 10 and 12 AM.

hongcha

Thanks, that will be useful in the future!

I downloaded it this afternoon and it looks so much better on the Vita. I played through the intro on my psp when it first came out but I couldn't stand the picture quality. So glad I held off on playing through the game until I could get it on my Vita.

Aeana

Which PSP? I think the game looks a lot better on the PSP Go than the Vita, personally. Especially the text.

hongcha

I have a PSP 3000. I think this would look better on my old 2000, the interlacing on the 3000 screen really bothers me. The colors are also really washed out compared to my Vita. I'm sure it looks nice on the pspgo, that has a nice screen.

Netto-kun

Got my game and some extras that I didn't expect~ Now to spend time with this and P4U.
iCjt390QUBgoR.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Holy crap the title screen theme is beautiful. Sometimes hard to progress past the title screen, lol.

I've decided to start on Hard just to see if it'll come and bite me in the butt later on.

And this is one of the prettiest games I've seen on the PSP. So much colour, models are nice, buildings and water look cool... Music is really good so far too. What else... some lines are voiced but it feels like for most of it they aren't. Going back to the look and colour vibrancy of this game, though... I'm playing The Last Story at the same time, and going back and forth between this two, the difference is truly like night and day in terms of presentation.

As for the combat, I guess it improves after a while and you get new moves? I have to say that I like how when you chain attacks you get better bonuses similar to something in Felghana and Origin. Seems like the chain stays there in the corner for a while. After 20 hits you get strength up, 40 hits, you get intelligence up, 60 hits you get more mira or something. The double-jump feels good, btw. I like it. Rolling's alright. Platforming feels good. At least this game seems to have pretty decent platforming, though I've only played the prologue dungeon so far. Edit: Jump and double-jump feels like Felghana and Origin, and rolling feels kinda like Seven. Thank goodness you could double-jump from the get-go. Makes things fun.

And man there's a lot of dialogue in this game. More than I had expected anyway.

Edit: Thank goodness cooking isn't the only way to get XP here. Giving stuff to Eartha to cook for you in terms of restorative stuff or a small XP boost in addition to killing enemies for XP is still kinda nice.

Lucis

Got the game yesterday,
A stupid question. I was trying to buy stuff from the Item Shop, it seems there's no way i can buy multiple at the same time? I have to buy one by one for food materials?

Top Bottom