• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

CWE-D8bUYAAoB-0.png

Shit.
Thanks Bucks, we just needed the Warriors to be angry

I think it's streak to start a season

I only brought it up because the announcer said it was the second longest streak in nba history. If you're including the previous season its a true statement but it just aint the same as starting a streak in the same season. It would be as ridiculous as saying they're tied with the Lakers if they beat the Cavs on Christmas even thought its only the 29th game of the season.

Well, it's true. The Bucks are competent enough that they can hang with the best teams. The talent gap in the NBA between teams is smaller than people realize. Honestly, shit coaching fucks up teams more than the players and their capabilities.
I just find it funny that every team they faced so far is incompetent; not because the Warriors are just better.

maladroid

People still remember that the first team to push the Dubs were the 1-8 Nets, right? The sense of entitlement.. eesh. Like the Bucks didn't have the right to win because of their record. The Dubs lost because of their schedule. 24-1 is a great record. Why does it matter that it was the Bucks?

Congrats to the Celtics in (effectively) ending this epic win streak.

To kill this argument:

I only brought it up because the announcer said it was the second longest streak in nba history. If you're including the previous season its a true statement but it just aint the same as starting a streak in the same season. It would be as ridiculous as saying they're tied with the Lakers if they beat the Cavs on Christmas even thought its only the 29th game of the season.

As far as streaks are concerned it's rolls over into the next season so if a team wins at the end of season then it carries over to the next. That's how it always been.

AcridMeat

Banned
Was out tonight to watch the game. Outcome was expected after last night. I'm actually pretty annoyed that Klay played as much as he did when he was clearly struggling. He was like 5/15 or something right? Trust Ian Clark da gawd Walton.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
To kill this argument:

As far as streaks are concerned it's rolls over into the next season so if a team wins at the end of season then it carries over to the next. That's how it always been.

Doesn't kill shit. Warriors have been a rolling rockband for the last monthj, on the seventh game of a 7 game road trip and were down a starter coming off a double overtime game (everyone tired). Stupid laughable that they include Klay's minutes in that "kill".

The Boston game pretty much made this possible so my statement stands.

ROX ARE .500

We're gonna get bounced in the first round lmao

Nahhhhhh.
Depending on who we end up matching up with, we could go all the way to second or third round. You never know. Everyone thought the Clippers would beat us last year. As long as we don't end the season 7th or 8th, we can make it past the first round.

Jarate

Banned
I just honestly think that the Bucks are a bad matchup for the Warriors

Not many teams have the length and athleticism that the Bucks have, and they have a good post presence who can slow the game down and score against the smaller lineups

Just look at how the Warriors struggled against the Jazz.

I like what the Warriors are doing this year, but I still don't know if they can beat the Cavs or the Spurs in the playoffs where teams give 100% effort on defense. Hell, I'd honestly pick a healthy Cavs team as favorites right now.

Honestly though, unless the Clippers decide to never choke again, or barring a massive trade I think there's only 3 teams in the NBA right now that can win the Chip, Spurs, Dubs and Cavs

Also, I may do a big post on the Philly situation because the amount of ignorance that the national media has about specific things is asinine too me. Im kind of turning a little on Hinkie as there are valid concerns over talent evaluation and other issues, but man I feel like some people think that Hinkie tore down the Cabs and turned it into this mess of a roster. But I will say this though, the Colangelo hiring coincides right at the time that I expected them to get out of full on tanking, so I'm actually really happy with the hiring.

beat

I wonder what the odds are that GS will not run across a team holding the championship belt again this season.

nillah

Banned
Warriors escape their first EAST coast trip of the season going 5-1 each game down to the wire.

Downgrading the EASTERN CONFERENCE is getting OLD.

Jarate

Banned
Eastern conference has gotten much better.
Eastern Conference is now like 8-10 teams deep

I'd still take the Clippers, Spurs and Warriors over any team in the east other then the cavs. Possibly the Thunder too. I wanna see the Pacers get someone then Paul George on their team. If it wasn't for Currys ridiculous season I think Id take Paul George as the MVP

Cheebo

Banned
Warriors escape their first EAST coast trip of the season going 5-1 each game down to the wire.

Downgrading the EASTERN CONFERENCE is getting OLD.
The very top of the west has the best teams but overall the east is better than the west now. Look how many teams are lumped together in the top 10. Any of them would be top 5 playoff spots currently in the west.

Eastern Conference is now like 8-10 teams deep

I'd still take the Clippers, Spurs and Warriors over any team in the east other then the cavs. Possibly the Thunder too. I wanna see the Pacers get someone then Paul George on their team. If it wasn't for Currys ridiculous season I think Id take Paul George as the MVP

I agree! And yeah in my eyes Paul George is 2nd in the MVP race right now. Cant wait to see the Spurs vs Warriors

I like what the Warriors are doing this year, but I still don't know if they can beat the Cavs or the Spurs in the playoffs where teams give 100% effort on defense. Hell, I'd honestly pick a healthy Cavs team as favorites right now.

The Warriors have a better defense than Cleveland and that's without Harden-lite Kyrie Irving. I can see the Spurs, but Cleveland isn't even a lock to even beat the Pacers, Heat, Raptors or Celtics.

[...] but Cleveland isn't even a lock to even beat the Pacers, Heat, Raptors or Celtics.

haven't we had this conversation before

i'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before

(it was right before cleveland went 12-2 against the east in the playoffs, including a 4-0 sweep of one of those teams and another 4-0 sweep of a team that was still better than any of those four currently are - even factoring in the Thabo injury - with effectively two starters missing)

Fjordson

So much overreaction to one loss with 3 and a half starters. Easy brehs.

SA does scare me, though. Their defense is far and away #1 right now and they've climbed into the top 5 in offensive eff.

SA does scare me, though. Their defense is far and away #1 right now and they've climbed into the top 5 in offensive eff.

Honestly I really hope Spurs win the championship. Im a huge fan of their style of basketball and Kawhi Leonard is one of my favorite players.

Huh? I wasn't aware of this. Still, hard to see some nights. Really it's Green holding back the starting unit. His shooting has been abysmal. If he can learn to shoot again I would trust the Spurs against GS; I trust the bench to hold their own.

EDIT: Oh wow, Spurs are #2 in FG% right behind Golden State.

Honestly I really hope Spurs win the championship. Im a huge fan of their style of basketball and Kawhi Leonard is one of my favorite players.

I'd like Duncan and Ginobli to go out on top. Golden State can resume their dynasty for the next decade if they want after that.

Ross had 0 Points and 6 Rebounds.

Why the fuck did we sign him for Three Years.

The guy is Terrible. Anthony Bennett and Norman Powell had more Points than him tonight and this was the last minute of the game.

Raptors still won I'm happy about that but Re signing Ross was a Questionable Choice by Masai. Why sign a guy that seems like he doesn't care about his career.

Fuck you Terence Ross please fuck off to space.

haven't we had this conversation before

i'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before

(it was right before cleveland went 12-2 against the east in the playoffs, including a 4-0 sweep of one of those teams and another 4-0 sweep of a team that was still better than any of those four currently are - even factoring in the Thabo injury - with effectively two starters missing)

Did we? It sort of feels like we did, but that Cleveland really team turned it up a notch in the post season. Even in the finals they went down like soldiers, so there's some spirit there. I'm usually skeptic with them because: a) fuckball, b) I dislike Lebron style and c) they sort of coast in the regular season. Close games against the Knicks? Come on!

They are absolutely the favorites in the East, don't get me wrong, I just wouldn't say locks since the East looks improved. I'd rank Warrios = Spurs > Cleveland > Pacers right now for the final four.

You think so? I dunno man, thats embarrassing yes but some dude rising and just funkin on you while you look on in terror? I feel like that would destroy your SOUL lol

People get dunked on with enough frequency. But that I've never ever seen...and it's just embarassing because of lack of awareness. Heck I've been dunked on before...just kinda whatever...
guy sprained his ankle coming down

Top Bottom