• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wonder if doe one tries to trade for dewight

Orlando lol

7ebba1cca0dc4098d2460ff6b7a05dd5.png

Man, I can't believe I came into this season worried the Rox would give the Spurs a run for their money in the South. Boy was I wrong. Who could have seen this train wreck coming?

Fjordson

Bucks down 18 in LA. And people got emotional when I called Milwaukee mediocre on their best days.

Edit: D'angelo is looking better lately. Running some really nice PNR's.

Bucks down 18 in LA. And people got emotional when I called Milwaukee mediocre on their best days.

Edit: D'angelo is looking better lately. Running some really nice PNR's.

The kid is nice. I laugh now at all the people who had him pegged as a bust and Mudiay as a stud after like 2 weeks.

The kid is nice. I laugh now at all the people who had him pegged as a bust and Mudiay as a stud after like 2 weeks.

I was worried when he looked ineffective and Okafor was putting up 25 and 12 all the time. He's been great lately though. Looks like someone you could see going with the 2nd pick.

Still wish we could have gotten Towns.

But on a positive note, my main man Pat Bev has been showing excellent improvement lately. He's been knocking down threes, moving the ball well, playing awesome defense, averaging 12 PPG in December, just under 50% shooting. He really stepped it up compared to last year.

beat

Really good writeup on how the Spurs might be tied with the Warriors for best team in the league:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/12/16/why-spurs-might-be-nbas-best-team/?ls=iref:nbahpt6d

Hopefully both teams can meet in the Western Conference Finals. Would be a blast. Hopefully nobody gets injured.

Also http://www.sbnation.com/2015/12/16/10299222/san-antonio-spurs-breakdown-better-than-ever

Yet, the Spurs' offense fundamentally looks the same because it fundamentally moves the same way. The Spurs' "pace" ranking is deceiving. The right measure isn't how quickly they shoot, but how quickly they actually get into the offense. Here, nothing has changed. [...]

Few of the 26 teams ahead of the Spurs in pace get on with their sets this quickly. That allows the Spurs to run through more options, and with less space and several new pieces still learning the system, they need that time to run their offense.

Despite the tighter alignment of players, the ball still moves as quickly as ever. It's not the space that lubricates the movement, it's the movement that lubricates the space. Spurs' players catch the ball, internalize the next move and immediately make the decision to pass or attack a gap. Their reads are so quick and automatic that passes other teams can't complete sneak right on through.

The only difference is that San Antonio is increasingly finding a good shot on the third or fourth opening instead of the first or second. That requires using more of the shot clock, which leads to fewer possessions overall, which creates the illusion of the Spurs as a slow-paced team.
It says something about their confidence and system that they can be this efficient while frequently going with the third or fourth option in a play, but doesn't that also suggest that more tightly tuned playoff defenses might be able to completely shut them down?

Fjordson

Man Klay is really getting back into All-Star form lately. Great to see. Unfortunately the rest of the team kinda looks like they did in Milwaukee.

Jonm1010

Banned
Just watched my Pelicans eek out a win against the Jazz without Gobert, thinking to myself "we are at least making some progress!"

Turn over to ESPN.... 105 to 65. That shit is sobering.

My team isnt getting anywhere in this league with the rumored roster tweeking trades. This team needs to flat out tank and hope we land Simmons if we have any hope of growing into a legitimate championship caliber team in the next 5 years.

Jesus fuck, Klay Thompson....

You know, it actually might be him that breaks Kobe's record. Unlike Curry, Thompson breaking the record and Kobe himself congratulating him for doing so....I can't imagine how he would feel. Kobe was his absolute idol.

Fjordson

Great showing from the Splash bros. Klay just gets better every week it seems.

Didn't matter tonight, but boy Speights is so awful lately. Even in garbage time he manages to fuck up, like giving up multiple Euro fouls to stop fast breaks when his team is up by 30 lol.

AcridMeat

Banned
I wish Ian Clark got some more playing time. It'd be nice to see his confidence up to be out there instead of Barbosa honestly.

Bogut with a game high +41 without taking a shot and 0 points. My goodness.

beat

Jesus fuck, Klay Thompson....

You know, it actually might be him that breaks Kobe's record. Unlike Curry, Thompson breaking the record and Kobe himself congratulating him for doing so....I can't imagine how he would feel. Kobe was his absolute idol.

Do you mean the threes in a game record? The one Kobe shares with Donyell Marshall?

Great showing from the Splash bros. Klay just gets better every week it seems.

Didn't matter tonight, but boy Speights is so awful lately. Even in garbage time he manages to fuck up, like giving up multiple Euro fouls to stop fast breaks when his team is up by 30 lol.

Kerr is rumored to be back in 2 weeks. Hopefully Mo buckets will play better then. I love ESPN is all of a sudden "What about KLAY?!?!?!" " You all disrespecting the other Splash brother by sleeping on him!!!" It still feels surreal seeing the ESPN hype machine churning out Warriors content.

I'm glad Klay is starting to round into form again. I think it all started with him figuring out that the 1st quarter is his time to really assert himself many games ago and letting Steph be more of a facilitator early on. And recovering from that back injury was obviously big too.

Fjordson

Kerr is rumored to be back in 2 weeks. Hopefully Mo buckets will play better then. I love ESPN is all of a sudden "What about KLAY?!?!?!" " You all disrespecting the other Splash brother by sleeping on him!!!" It still feels surreal seeing the ESPN hype machine churning out Warriors content.

I'm glad Klay is starting to round into form again. I think it all started with him figuring out that the 1st quarter is his time to really assert himself many games ago and letting Steph be more of a facilitator early on. And recovering from that back injury was obviously big too.
And it feels like right as Klay started to get back to his old self, HB went out with the ankle injury. So I don't even think we've seen peak small ball death lineup yet this year.

And it feels like right as Klay started to get back to his old self, HB went out with the ankle injury. So I don't even think we've seen peak small ball death lineup yet this year.

I don't think we've seen the W's peak yet. Defense is still not quite there tbh and our second unit has been less consistent this year. Spurs/Warriors games will be very telling

Top Bottom