• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Olynk athleticism got Towns shook...

736yzA.gif

Dat jab step though...

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm having trouble figuring out who is the 2nd best team in the eastern conference.
Chicago and Miami have the same problem: their coaches aren't getting the most of their rosters. PG13 is having an MVP-level year but the team lacks depth for a deep playoff run. Toronto's overhauled roster has done well but the main pieces aren't superstar talents with playoff wars.

Homer pick but I think Miami at their best could win multiple series and give Cleveland major problems. Their defense is already elite and the roster is deep. Problems are the offensive chemistry has a long way to go, the coach prefers smallball over conventional even though we're built for conventional, and 3 point shooting is a real issue. Two of the 3 are correctable but we have too many wings who can't shoot 3s. One more trade needs to be made.

Derrick Rose is 27 years old and he's having a worse season than Kobe Bryant. Man what a fall from grace.

D-Rose helped the Bulls beat Cleveland and Oklahoma City though.

I'm not sure the Lakers have even won yet.

Also, http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/how-der...ps-on-the-defensive-side-of-the-ball-2290612/

With that said though, D-Rose for the most part is having a really bad season making shots.

He also never gets to the line despite going to the basket at a good pace(99th in the league in freethrow attempts per game last time I checked).

He's still fast and can beat anyone guarding him off the dribble but he's missing a lot of shots and while he's never been a great shooter, he makes more than this.

Hopefully, he'll improve as the season goes along but I'm just glad he seems healthy.

Soonri

Raptors win,

Mavs fans what happened to Chandler Parsons?

He's still rehabbing from microfracture (Mavs announced it as "hybrid microfracture" but no one knows what the fuck it is). He just recently got cleared for back to backs which is good progress, and he played like 30 minutes against Memphis. It's just something we have to deal with, so he volunteered to be the sixth man while he works back to 36 minutes a game.
We really need him healthy, even if we're still in the middle of the pack in the West playoffs right now.

Gigglepoo

Doc should stick Lance of the other team's best player for 20 minutes every night. If he's not, GM Doc should trade or cut him and then fire Coach Doc.

Derrick Rose is 27 years old and he's having a worse season than Kobe Bryant. Man what a fall from grace.

Rose lacks the champion mentality and his body gave up on him, he's China bound. Hoiberg has quietly been doing a great job because aside of Butler that roster is complete ass. Pau is nice as well but he also looks older than Kobe and slow as fuck out there.

Rose lacks the champion mentality and his body gave up on him, he's China bound. Hoiberg has quietly been doing a great job because aside of Butler that roster is complete ass. Pau is nice as well but he also looks older than Kobe and slow as fuck out there.

So many wrongs in one post.

Besides the "body" part, nopes all around.

D-Rose to his credit and fault, always wants the ball when the game is on the line(probably one of the reasons a ways back Kobe said only Rose and Chris Paul had that "killer instinct").

Also, I doubt many would still be able to constantly(when he wants to) get to the rack after two serious knee surgeries.

The Bulls roster has tons of talent, they are underachieving.

Pau had arguably his best season of his career last year and he pretty much looks the same(when was he fast???).

I won't blame Hoiberg as he's been alright but they should have a better record than this and would under Thibodeau.

So many wrongs in one post.

Besides the "body" part, nopes all around.

D-Rose to his credit and fault, always wants the ball when the game is on the line(probably one of the reasons a ways back Kobe said only Rose and Chris Paul had that "killer instinct").

Also, I doubt many would still be able to constantly(when he wants to) get to the rack after two serious knee surgeries.

The Bulls roster has tons of talent, they are underachieving.

Pau had arguably his best season of his career last year and he pretty much looks the same(when was he fast???).

I won't blame Hoiberg as he's been alright but they should have a better record than this and would under Thibodeau.

Kobe was already senile when he made that comment and even then that was about a pre-injury Rose that never got back quite right. Nowadays Rose looks like he's tired of what he's been through and it's hard to blame him, but that mentality seems long gone.

And nope, the Bulls overachieved with Thibodeau, but that's because he's a top 3 coach in the league. What is the talent they have aside from Butler and Pau? Rose is broke, so is Noah. Mirotic and Brooks are volume scorers who are not good at it. Snell can't shoot or finish for shit. Hinrich at the peak of his career was Matthew Dellavedova and now that he's 500 years old he should be delegated to the Scal role. There's also Taj Gibson who I think is overrated, but fine I guess and also McDermott who has some potential.

That's a borderline playoff team, one that's old and long past its window, like the Nets a few years back. Plus, every team besides the Spurs, the Pacers, the Celtics and the Mavs would have a better record with Thibs, so that's hardly saying much.

You should watch the Bulls more, Noah looks like his old self again.

Last year, it was clearly his knee.

He was playing very well(even off the bench; he should start) before his freak injury.

If Rose's mentality was gone, he wouldn't have dominated in the 4th against the Thunder, hit the game-sealer over Anthony Davis' Pelicans, etc...

He's not making shots this year but he's also pacing himself to not completely break down. As much as morons like Stephen A. Smith will have you believe, he's not much slower, he's just not putting the ball in the basket.

I'll do that, I absolutely loved watching Noah play when he was healthy. Him playing PG on the break is still to this day one of my favorite things that ever happened in basketball.

xHiryu

Apparently the Bulls are trying to get a "talented" wing player according to Woj. The Bulls are willing to part with Taj and Noah for get a wing.

Personally I dont think Noah should go anywhere, he was stringing together excellent games in which he defended, made plays, scored an occasional bucket, and the most important of all, played with heart and energy. This Bulls team lacks effort and quite frankly is lazy and disengaged on the court, trading one of the player whom actually puts in a sincere effort and is an integral locker room voice isn't the right choice. Instead I say we put up Taj, Snell, Pau and maybe Dunleavy and see what we can obtain in return.

Shit this team has changed so much since the early Thibs era. Still its late December, still a lot of basketball left, so hopefully we turn shit around.

Apparently the Bulls are trying to get a "talented" wing player according to Woj. The Bulls are willing to part with Taj and Noah for get a wing.

Personally I dont think Noah should go anywhere, he was stringing together excellent games in which he defended, made plays, scored an occasional bucket, and the most important of all, played with heart and energy. This Bulls team lacks effort and quite frankly is lazy and disengaged on the court, trading one of the player whom actually puts in a sincere effort and is an integral locker room voice isn't the right choice. Instead I say we put up Taj, Snell, Pau and maybe Dunleavy and see what we can obtain in return.

Shit this team has changed so much since the early Thibs era. Still its late December, still a lot of basketball left, so hopefully we turn shit around.
Taj and Snell are expendable but not sure Taj's age and minor health issues do his value any favors. I always thought Snell had talent but he's not taking any steps forward so his value likely isn't high at all. These next few weeks with Portis probably getting substantial minutes could seal Taj's fate. I wouldn't trade Noah either. Maybe include Mirotic but that would hurt because despite him shitting the bed of late, such versatility and skill; if only he was tougher. I could be wrong but I don't think Mcdermott is going anywhere. I follow the team closely but the only thing I have heard is that they are interested in Rudy Gay.

Who do they expect to get? Like Tyreke Evans? Because that's the calibur of "talented wing" type player that is available, especially if teams are getting back Taj or Noah in return.

xHiryu

Who do they expect to get? Like Tyreke Evans? Because that's the calibur of "talented wing" type player that is available, especially if teams are getting back Taj or Noah in return.

While there aren't many wing players, realistically only Gay and Evans spring into mind. Maybe if the Rockets front office is done with this team, Ariza too.

BadAss2961

fuck me, can we get at least Eric Gordon

at least he expiring and can shoot
Are the Raptors really thinking about trading Derozan? That's the kind of steal i'd go for.

Rose is a shell of himself but he's also sandbagging. He'll be better come playoff time.
If we make it at this point.

fertygo

Are the Raptors really thinking about trading Derozan? That's the kind of steal i'd go for.

Rose is a shell of himself but he's also sandbagging. He'll be better come playoff time.
If we make it at this point.

Jimmy and Rose being horrible as sins shooting 3s already and we adding DeRozan?

come on bro

BadAss2961

Jimmy and Rose being horrible as sins shooting 3s already and we adding DeRozan?

come on bro
Team needs to get more athletic. One guy isn't going to change the 3 ball, so let's just get running and have some fun again. Dunleavy will help if/when he gets back.

Top Bottom