• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

C4Lukins

Yay Dirk. 6th all time. It will take through next season to reach Wilt at Number 5. If he can maintain lets say 15 points a game for three more seasons, he could catch Kobe at number 3. No chance of catching Malone or Kareem at number 1 and 2, and if Lebron stays healthy he will catch Dirk easily, but what an amazing career.

Two Words

Yay Dirk. 6th all time. It will take through next season to reach Wilt at Number 5. If he can maintain lets say 15 points a game for three more seasons, he could catch Kobe at number 3. No chance of catching Malone or Kareem at number 1 and 2, and if Lebron stays healthy he will catch Dirk easily, but what an amazing career.

I doubt Dirk reaches Wilt.

Two Words

If he chooses to keep playing, outside of a career ending injury he should make it easily.

I think next year will be his last year. Dirk doesn't strike me as a player like Kobe who is going to be gunning it until the wheels fall off. I think he's going to be happy to stop playing and moving on after next season.

RBH

750x480_1.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks are always thinking outside the box when it comes to making the in-game experience more rewarding and enjoyable for their fans.

Last season they held a "Tinder night," which encouraged fans to use the dating app during the game and then meet up with their matches in a specific area of the arena. The promotion was a big success and while the Hawks could easily duplicate it, this season they are going for a more family-friendly theme by hosting a '90s-themed Nickelodeon night at Philips Arena.

"Nicklodeon" night will happen on January 9th against the Chicago Bulls and will feature fan activites based on the network's shows from the 1990s.
Even the green slime from the show Double Dare will be part of the themed night as Kyle Korver showed Hawks reserve Justin Holiday.

Here's more about the night from Hawks.com:

The Atlanta Hawks and Nickelodeon will bring activities based on the network's most beloved iconic ‘90s shows to Philips Arena, giving attendees a chance to live out their childhood dreams of participating in challenges from GUTS and Double Dare.

“A significant part of our fan base, millennials, grew up in the ‘90s on Nickelodeon and have great memories of shows like Salute Your Shorts and Hey Arnold!,” Hawks and Philips Arena CEO Steve Koonin said. “Now those fans have their own kids that they bring to the games. This night gives them a unique way to share a little bit of their childhood with them, creating new memories.”

Alongside meet-and-greets and photo ops with Nickelodeon costume characters like Rugrats' Chuckie, Tommy and Angelica, and the Temple Guard from Legends of the Hidden Temple, expect Hawks Alumni, including Dominique Wilkins, Theo Ratliff and Duane Ferrell, who ruled the boards in the ‘90s to be on hand. The evening's festivities will include special in-game giveaways and a few secret treats round out the theme night.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...st-90s-themed-nickelodeon-night-against-bulls

Cheebo

Banned
Sixers acquire Ish Smith for 2 2nd Rounders

THE TANK IS OVER GUYS!

They must be pretty damn confident they are getting Ben Simmons. I wonder if the NBA will be pissed if they get him. If the biggest sure thing in a draft since Kevin Durant (hell possibly since Lebron James) and if he ends up on the 76ers? Oh boy...

Ronin Ray

They must be pretty damn confident they are getting Ben Simmons. I wonder if the NBA will be pissed if they get him. It the biggest sure thing in a draft since Kevin Durant (hell possibly since Lebron James and if he ends up on the 76ers? Oh boy...

More sure then Anthony Davis ?If so I am have to look him up. He must be really special.

Tom Penny

They must be pretty damn confident they are getting Ben Simmons. I wonder if the NBA will be pissed if they get him. If the biggest sure thing in a draft since Kevin Durant (hell possibly since Lebron James) and if he ends up on the 76ers? Oh boy...
Ben simmons shoots jumpers about 5% as good as Durant.

ViciousDS

Banned
Thunder trying to take Gibson out already because of the problems he causes hahahaha

About time bulls showed up to play for once......but if it's abythi g it means they'll lose in the 4th quarter

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Kobe was already senile when he made that comment and even then that was about a pre-injury Rose that never got back quite right. Nowadays Rose looks like he's tired of what he's been through and it's hard to blame him, but that mentality seems long gone.

And nope, the Bulls overachieved with Thibodeau, but that's because he's a top 3 coach in the league. What is the talent they have aside from Butler and Pau? Rose is broke, so is Noah. Mirotic and Brooks are volume scorers who are not good at it. Snell can't shoot or finish for shit. Hinrich at the peak of his career was Matthew Dellavedova and now that he's 500 years old he should be delegated to the Scal role. There's also Taj Gibson who I think is overrated, but fine I guess and also McDermott who has some potential.

That's a borderline playoff team, one that's old and long past its window, like the Nets a few years back. Plus, every team besides the Spurs, the Pacers, the Celtics and the Mavs would have a better record with Thibs, so that's hardly saying much.

I disagree with this. Hinrich in his prime led a bunch of junk to the playoffs year after year. Deng was always injured.

Stern needs to rig the draft against the Sixers, IMO. The integrity of the league demands it. They can't be rewarded for this shit.

Pastry

Banned
I get that the Warriors and Cavs are good but man their style of play is boring to me. It's just like watching high scoring fuckball. Everything is in transition and has an air of sloppy.

dakilla13

Cavs look super sloppy. I've never seen them play a full game with discipline. Could you guys imagine Pop coaching this team? They would be unstoppable.

Top Bottom