• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Can't believe 2015 Kobe is going to get a spot over Leonard, the other guy leading a team on a historic run.

Don't look at the All Star game as a proof of a player's greatness. It will just make you go mad with some of the weird snubs. All NBA team would be more foolproof.

D'Lo!
QsMijxp.gif

Man the western conference standings are so whack, how does Houston go from a 2nd seed to below .500? Shit is so flip flopped from last year, Utah is the 8th seed being 5 games below .500. New Orleans has taken a massive step backwards after firing Monty Williams for Craig Gentry.

Don't even get me started on all the errant passes the rox have made in highlights lately.
dead.png

I thought they were supposed to be better without McHale.

Was that Vlade Divac in the tunnel?

Yup, it was a Kings home game after all. Which I like watching Russel, but he has some damn skinny ass legs. I saw him turn his ankle on that drive and I'm surprised it wasn't worse. Other players even seem to go easy on him because his legs are so damn skinny below the knee. They're afraid they might hurt him. I don't know if his body is NBA ready just yet.

Sandfox

Man the western conference standings are so whack, how does Houston go from a 2nd seed to below .500? Shit is so flip flopped from last year, Utah is the 8th seed being 5 games below .500. New Orleans has taken a massive step backwards after firing Monty Williams for Craig Gentry.

Don't even get me started on all the errant passes the rox have made in highlights lately.
dead.png

Yup, it was a Kings home game after all. Which I like watching Russel, but he has some damn skinny ass legs. I saw him turn his ankle on that drive and I'm surprised it wasn't worse. Other players even seem to go easy on him because his legs are so damn skinny below the knee. They're afraid they might hurt him. I don't know if his body is NBA ready just yet.

Russell needs to continue building up his body, but other athletes certainly aren't going to go easy on anyone. Also, adding strength doesn't help prevent ankle injuries.

Russel's not a freak athlete but I'm impressed by his body control. It helps him limit turnovers and pick his spots in terms of shots. He's pretty advanced in a lot of areas.

Pretty cool YNB, KD and some of the Thunder went to see UCLA play. Don't know if they were joking but maybe an exhibition between Thunder and the UCLA team. Fred Roggin pulling a fast one

Resilient

dead.png

how does the human body work me wonder

Russell needs to continue building up his body, but other athletes certainly aren't going to go easy on anyone. Also, adding strength doesn't help prevent ankle injuries.

how does the human body work me wonder

I understand what you guys are saying but are you seriously going to argue that strength conditioning below your knees can't help prevent ankle injuries?

I mean hell I'm not saying it's the end all, but I've played ball and I'd much rather make a cut on someone or explode on a lay up using my legs as much as possible trying to minimize usage of strength off my feet.

When you make a cut and put all of your weight into one leg than it puts an incredible amount of pressure on your leg that can be mitigated through weight training, I don't think it's that incredulous that I suggest he needs to gain some muscle in his legs.

He did twist his ankle by making a cut driving to the rim.

Sandfox

I understand what you guys are saying but are you seriously going to argue that strength conditioning below your knees can't help prevent ankle injuries?

I mean hell I'm not saying it's the end all, but I've played ball and I'd much rather make a cut on someone or explode on a lay up using my legs as much as possible trying to minimize usage of strength off my feet.

When you make a cut and put all of your weight into one leg than it puts an incredible amount of pressure on your leg that can be mitigated through weight training, I don't think it's that incredulous that I suggest he needs to gain some muscle in his legs.

He did twist his ankle by making a cut driving to the rim.

I agree with you that he needs to add strength to his legs(and he is working on it), but that doesn't help prevent ligament and tendon injuries.

Shitty way for a career game to end, but Russell is legit. His shooting and shot selection for a 19 year old is on point.

He was looking great. Way better than he did at the start of the season. He looks like a legit #2 overall pick a lot of the time now.

What happens to Randle though? He was our best player for the first month or so of the season, but seems to have fallen off a cliff.

Fjordson

Sounds like Curry is playing tonight. Is there any rule against wearing a full on soccer shin guard? Or maybe some plate armor.

Tubobutts

The first NBA game I ever went to was Kings vs Lakers in the playoffs. I was siting right behind the only Kings fan in LA and he was super loud. I will hate the Kings forever.

FFUUUUCCCCKKKKK that hurts. Great effort by the Knicks though. Great fight at the end.

Awful last possession but I'll take the moral victory. Porzingis made LMA his bitch tonight.

ViciousDS

Banned
Lakers suck......Bryant last season

But you got to love that atmosphere every time he throws up a shot. Crowd goes bat shit crazy when he hits them.

Top Bottom