• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh shit.....Lakers can win it with a 3!!!

Will kobe take it?

He's actually been passing a lot today and trying hard to play team ball

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
0Iv9Ay3.png

Javale Mcgee does shit like this because he has ADHD

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...eu-battlefield-historic-kings-lakers-contests

Come on man. ADHD is not a punchline; it's a serious disorder and it fucking sucks more than you can imagine.

Apparently he does have it yet he considers it a positive, though. I don't know, man.

Hey Javale McGee had the Whataburger play of the game tonight though!!
leon.png

He actually had a pretty vicious dunk on a drive from the 3pt line that was
whoo.png

I would post a vid but I can't find anything on it.

edit: Also that Jordan Clarkson halfcourt buzzer beater at the end of the 1st was amazing.

I know he's just supposed to be there as filler, but once we get Simmons and Russell, Randle and Clarkson are All-Stars, we should keep Lou Williams. Dude could be that dude that pushes us to the next level.

I know he's just supposed to be there as filler, but once we get Simmons and Russell, Randle and Clarkson are All-Stars, we should keep Lou Williams. Dude could be that dude that pushes us to the next level.

he's 29 and signed for 3 years. He's not gonna be a part of the rebuild. I'd take what we can get for him right now.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
0Iv9Ay3.png

I get this but when are the Lakers actually going to compete again?

At this point they're on the same path as the sixers. I get that Kobe takes up a lot of the cap but at some point they have to start winning games otherwise a losing mentality is going to set in on their young prospects.

At this point they're on the same path as the sixers. I get that Kobe takes up a lot of the cap but at some point they have to start winning games otherwise a losing mentality is going to set in on their young prospects.

Draft Simmons, sign Durant, boom.

Oh, and definitely get a new coach. The Princeton offense is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Cavs looking better and better. Even Dellevadova doesn't look like shit as much.

Get well Mo.

fun fact: Cleveland just posted 3 consecutive games with an ORTG above 129 and they have a legit shot at posting 4 in a row, which would be the first time that's happened in 30 years of recording that statistic

(another fun fact: San Antonio has a better net rating through 38 games than Cleveland's ridiculous second-half streak last season and they're going to be pants-shittingly terrifying in the playoffs)

Durant is probably re-upping for one year with OKC. Lakers will have to resign Clarkson and I could see them go after maybe Whiteside (though he might give off too many Bynum vibes for their liking) but these kids are going to have to put together a solid couple of seasons to show their potential before a veteran superstar is going to come play with them. Offseason 2017 is probably when LA should expect to make a big offseason free agency splash.

Durant is probably re-upping for one year with OKC. Lakers will have to resign Clarkson and I could see them go after maybe Whiteside (though he might give off too many Bynum vibes for their liking) but these kids are going to have to put together a solid couple of seasons to show their potential before a veteran superstar is going to come play with them. Offseason 2017 is probably when LA should expect to make a big offseason free agency splash.

I can't see any other place he would want to go, and why shouldn't he? OKC is built to last for quite a while longer, and he can do anything he wants there and gets tons of freedom. Besides, OKC fans are really humble too. They deserve a player like Durant.

Random talk but I so want to get rid of Parsons and his basura jump shot. It's such garbage, and Dirk's 3 pointer is kind of broken as well. He can only hit his three at one spot anymore and that's at the top.

I really hope Parsons doesn't use his player option at the end of season thinking he'll get more money, but he'll probably use it
francis.png

Lakers have a pretty clear end to the tank though. They have no reason to tank next year when the pick they traded away is unprotected.

Lakers need to find a coach that'll actually develop Clarkson, Randle, and Russell and hopefully keep their draft pick (ideally get Simmons). They're probably 1.5 seasons from a low playoff seed if everything goes well.

Lakers need to find a coach that'll actually develop Clarkson, Randle, and Russell and hopefully keep their draft pick (ideally get Simmons). They're probably 1.5 seasons from a low playoff seed if everything goes well.

I just want to see explosive, amazing basketball above all; give me something that will imbue me with the passion of why I love this beautiful game. This is why I fell in love with the Lakers; not stupid shit like rings, a winning record, and a bunch of celebrities.

We'll keep a seat open for Luke. And maybe he can bring in Gentry as his lead assistant if things don't pan out in NOLA.

Resilient

Random talk but I so want to get rid of Parsons and his basura jump shot. It's such garbage, and Dirk's 3 pointer is kind of broken as well. He can only hit his three at one spot anymore and that's at the top.

I really hope Parsons doesn't use his player option at the end of season thinking he'll get more money, but he'll probably use it
francis.png

I still dunno how I feel about Parsons. I know how I feel about his jumper tho. It's terrible.

It's interesting to think of how much better off we'd be if we'd made a few moves differently before the 12-13 season.

Bring back Phil, don't trade for Nash, maybe only trade Bynum for a guy willing to sign an extension on the spot.

Of course if Stern hadn't destroyed the CP3 trade the difference would be unfathomable, but that's a different story.

Resilient

destroying that trade was the worst thing to happen to the NBA in the last 5 years. really, I can't think of anything worse that has happened aside from that. god damn.

I hope Kerr's back coaching before the Spurs game at the end of the month. Not that Walton hasn't done an awesome job (He's probably has the Lakers job if he wants it) but there's been some questionable decisions like when the bench rotation was diabolical last month (They're a bit better now), he should have played a hybrid of starters and bench guys. The big question hanging over the franchise is what to do with Harrison Barnes in the summer (less so Ezeli). Someone will offer him to max so it's a question of whether locking into the core of Curry, Thompson, Green and Barnes for the next 3/4 years or seeing who's available in the market. I wouldn't mind trading Bogut and giving Ezeli his salary as although he's a good rim protector, his offensive numbers have been declining. Still not sure who'd take Bogut on his salary (Think it's $10+ million) without a few draft picks.

Top Bottom