• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

"Isaiah Thomas doesn't pay much attention to All-Star voting: "No disrespect but guys like Jeremy Lin get a lot of votes."" - @ByJayKing

He's not wrong but lol.

Hey Lyle why did Ainge trade for D.Lee only for him to be a DNP?? wtf was the point of that trade??
mindblown.png

Resilient

What is troubling our King? Come back Lebron pls

Good to see Mavs close out OT today but not sure how we let it get to that point again 😶

nillah

Banned
Cavs championship window is ideally 1-2 years from now, this "team" just isn't as committed as I like to believe when you have friendly fire and poor judgment on all fronts.

LBJ will be lucky to end his career on a solid note with 1 hard fought championship ring in his what is starting to feel like an underwhelming campaign.

Golden State: A well oiled machine

As a Cavs fan, this is a real bummer. Here we are, basically as healthy as we are going to get, with a better record than the same point last year, up 3 games for the top spot in the conference even after that loss, and ultimately none of it matters, because we won't beat the Spurs or Warriors in the Finals (assuming we still get there). It all comes down to that our big 3 compared to past ones like Miami and Boston has two out of three that can't play defense, the centerpiece of it is rapidly diminishing, Love can't play defense or offense, and Kyrie can play offense at least but inconsistently.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
As a Cavs fan, this is a real bummer. Here we are, basically as healthy as we are going to get, with a better record than the same point last year, up 3 games for the top spot in the conference even after that loss, and ultimately none of it matters, because we won't beat the Spurs or Warriors in the Finals (assuming we still get there). It all comes down to that our big 3 compared to past ones like Miami and Boston has two out of three that can't play defense, the centerpiece of it is rapidly diminishing, Love can't play defense or offense, and Kyrie can play offense at least but inconsistently.

Can't lebron just let the Bulls win once. I bet they have a better chance against the Spurs or Warriors, it's god damn lebron they can't figure out lol

That was a great bounce back game last night. That pistons loss really lit a fire under them. I love how even the reserves came in and kept up the beat down. The upcoming Spurs game will be a huge litmus test on where the W's stand at the almost halfway point.

Your best player has to be a threat to score points...something I feel that Lebron isn't much of this year.

Given that Lebron is shooting so poorly on the perimeter this year, maybe he should setup in the high post instead. No one at this point is going to step out to the 3 point line to meet him. Jim Barnett in his bball breakdown vid on his crossover made a point of stressing that players should catch the ball in a spot where they are a threat to score from that spot and clearly with Lebron QB'ing from the top of the key...that isn't really the case.

As for the Warriors, this game pretty much solidifies that argument that they figured out how to attack the Cavs after game 3 of the finals. Mozgov can be mitigated by going small. Lebron can be guarded with Iggy. Steph no longer is bothered by Delly's dirty play. In two meetings against the Cavs, they've beaten them by playing the slow/grind out possession game and with the typical quick pace style game. The Cavs definitely need to legitimately shakeup their game strategy or a big trade needs to happen if they're to contend.

PBY

Banned
Cavs aren't going to win shit if Lebron's jumper is broken like it is now.

If that gets fixed, Cavs can win.

Fjordson

Lebron's face when Steph ripped him :lol https://vine.co/v/ieWrulz7X6e

As for the Warriors, this game pretty much solidifies that argument that they figured out how to attack the Cavs after game 3 of the finals. Mozgov can be mitigated by going small.
Man so true about Mozgov. He looked horrible last night. Was basically Kendrick Perkins-esque, missing bunnies and fouling every other play. T. Thompson also doesn't seem to be bothering GS like he used to. Think I saw last night he had like 3 rebounds.

Lebron's face when Steph ripped him :lol https://vine.co/v/ieWrulz7X6e

Man so true about Mozgov. He looked horrible last night. Was basically Kendrick Perkins-esque, missing bunnies and fouling very other play. T. Thompson also doesn't seem to be bothering GS like he used to. Think I saw last night he had like 3 rebounds.

That's the look of a man that's been mentally defeated.

TT....80 million dollars...I still don't buy that he's worth that contract. What kind of move can/should the Cavs make at the deadline?

Can't lebron just let the Bulls win once. I bet they have a better chance against the Spurs or Warriors, it's god damn lebron they can't figure out lol

I think they have a chance to beat the Cavs. They were up 2-1 last year and would have been up 3-1 if not for a last second Lebron bailout. We didn't have Love in the series last year, but in hindsight, that was probably a plus.

AcridMeat

Banned
TT....80 million dollars...I still don't buy that he's worth that contract. What kind of move can/should the Cavs make at the deadline?
The guy got Draymond Green money but unlike Green he doesn't get blocks, assists, or steals. Not to mention lack of range. He has a hell of an agent.

I still think the Wiggins-Love trade is most short sighted trade in recent years

WHY DIDN'T THEY KEEP HIM

I do agree it was stupid but Lebron wanted to contend now...not develop players. I'm not sure Wiggins in Cleveland with Lebron would've been a good thing either though.

The guy got Draymond Green money but unlike Green he doesn't get blocks, assists, or steals. Not to mention lack of range. He has a hell of an agent.

I love that after Draymond signs his big contract, he comes out and effectively outplays it. 5 years @ 85 million feels like a bargain thus far (knock on wood).

per game averages
14.8 points
9.5 boards
7.4 assists

.423 from 3 point land
Can guard all 5 positions and effectively is the glue of our defense...
Leads the league in intangibles per game.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
My god. That was pure destruction. I almost feel bad for LeBron.

Wrap it up. Let's just have the Spurs and Warriors play a Best-Of-16 series in April for who gets the ring. None of these other teams are fucking with them
I see you OKC

That's the look of a man that's been mentally defeated.

Thank goodness Cavs paid him, Rich Paul wanted him to go to Raptors if they didn't.
What a dodge.

They need to redo their entire frontcourt. Kevin Love and TT combine for what $200 million contract wise. That is just madness.
Trade one of those pieces to the Rockets for Dwight Howard.

I mean Lebron might never bring a title to Cleveland. Never.

Into

"Man if Cavs had Kyrie and Love in da finals, Cavs wudda hav' won fam!"

Hopefully we can put that shit to rest. Here is the thing about Kyrie and Love, they arent good on D, if they arent monsters on offense, they arent much use. As you saw last night.

The only thing that kept Cavs somewhat in that finals was Cavs containing Curry for a few games and Dellavedova running like a mad man and essentially being in Curry's jersey. The guy was completely gassed and ran around like a car him in the last few games.

And Kevin Love...yuck.

Top Bottom