• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
8th seed!
7gqgf.gif

Now just got to keep on doing this winning ...thing. lol

j17uzeq1m4bnti3hkr4u.jpg

What happened to K.J.? I thought he had potential to actually be a good player and now he's just the guy who intentionally fouls Drummond.

Jarate

Banned
Dude couldve been a major role in Philly but he was not very happy here. Im pretty sure he'd love to come back though given the fact he'd be guaranteed playing time. Oh well, it is what it is

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I grew up with my pop being a Bulls season ticket holder in the MJ and Pippen era. I spent dozens and dozens of nights at the Chicago Stadium and United center. I am an obsessed lifelong Bulls fan. I have nothing but gratitude getting out to see a Bulls game in LA here with my pop these days. And through my entire life if I wasn't at the game, I'd be watching the Bulls on TV or listening on the radio. I suffered through the Marcus Fizer years, the Jalen Rose years; but I also saw firsthand how insanely incredible Jordan and Pippen were in their prime. The touch and fundamentals of Kukoc; Rodman's motor. I hung on every second of that 72-10 season. I witnessed it all.

And none of that can hold a candle to what I am currently witnessing seeing the Warriors rampage through the NBA. That team has transcended and play ball as an art form.

Derrick Rose performed like his MVP days tonight. No hyperbole. He sliced and diced and finessed himself around the cup like a ballet dancer. Jimmy Butler, my god seeing him this season has been pure joy. The boys played great; and they got blown the fuck out by 30.

Yeah, you can sit here and say the Bulls or Cavs or whoever should pull off a trade, stay competitive, but the truth is no trade could get any eastern team anywhere close to competing with the maestros that the Warriors have become.

The Warriors are legendary and will go down in history. A dynasty. Stephen Curry will be a top 5 all time NBA player when this is all said and done.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I grew up with my pop being a Bulls season ticket holder in the MJ and Pippen era. I spent dozens and dozens of nights at the Chicago Stadium and United center. I am an obsessed lifelong Bulls fan. I have nothing but gratitude getting out to see a Bulls game in LA here with my pop these days. And through my entire life if I wasn't at the game, I'd be watching the Bulls on TV or listening on the radio. I suffered through the Marcus Fizer years, the Jalen Rose years; but I also saw firsthand how insanely incredible Jordan and Pippen were in their prime. The touch and fundamentals of Kukoc; Rodman's motor. I hung on every second of that 72-10 season. I witnessed it all.

And none of that can hold a candle to what I am currently witnessing seeing the Warriors rampage through the NBA. That team has transcended and play ball as an art form.

Derrick Rose performed like his MVP days tonight. No hyperbole. He sliced and diced and finessed himself around the cup like a ballet dancer. Jimmy Butler, my god seeing him this season has been pure joy. The boys played great; and they got blown the fuck out by 30.

Yeah, you can sit here and say the Bulls or Cavs or whoever should pull off a trade, stay competitive, but the truth is no trade could get any eastern team anywhere close to competing with the maestros that the Warriors have become.

The Warriors are legendary and will go down in history. A dynasty. Stephen Curry will be a top 5 all time NBA player when this is all said and done.

As a Bulls fan I agree for the most part. I still don't think we played well defensively but whatever. Barring injuries, the only team that can beat the Warriors are the Spurs. That team has the size and smarts to best golden state in a series.

they have so many long players that play smart defense. Draymond is a weird mix of rodman and pippen on D. Great to watch that dude play.

Andre Drummond broke the NBA record for most MISSED Ft's in one game, with 23.

His 36 attempts were third-most in league history, behind two 39-attempt games by Dwight Howard.

The 23 misses were more than Stephen Curry has all season (22 on 237 attempts).

Jarate

Banned
I dont understand how they dont have these players literally only sitting in front of the FT line just shooting them every single day until they are capable of hitting them at a 60-70% clip. Like, who are the people developing these players, where are the coaches?

Cheebo

Banned
I dont understand how they dont have these players literally only sitting in front of the FT line just shooting them every single day until they are capable of hitting them at a 60-70% clip. Like, who are the people developing these players, where are the coaches?

They do do that. Andre Drummond practices FT's all the time. And all local reporters who has seen him practice as well as other players and coaching staff can confirm he is pretty solid at them in practice. When you can do a bunch in a row and get into the rythm its easy to start knocking them down.

During the back and forth of an actual game is completely different than being able to stand and do a bunch in a row. And that is much much harder to fix. Practicing more does not help since he is already pretty decent at it in practice.

Pistons have one of the best shooting coaches in the league, practice and coaching is not the problem. They already have top tier shooting coaching, there is nothing more than can do in that aspect. It's all on 'Dre.

Abounder

Banned

It's almost too late to learn fundamentals when you're in the pros. There's very little time to practice, not to mention many players barely have the work ethic to stay in shape during the offseason

They do do that. Andre Drummond practices FT's all the time. And all local reporters who has seen him practice as well as other players and coaching staff can confirm he is pretty solid at them in practice. When you can do a bunch in a row and get into the rythm its easy to start knocking them down.

During the back and forth of an actual game is completely different than being able to stand and do a bunch in a row. And that is much much harder to fix. Practicing more does not help since he is already pretty decent at it in practice.

Pistons have one of the best shooting coaches in the league, practice and coaching is not the problem. They already have top tier shooting coaching, there is nothing more than can do in that aspect. It's all on 'Dre.

I think practicing ft's like that is flawed if you're a bad ft shooter (which i hope it isn't the case)..you gotta simulate game conditions. Make him shoot free throws all throughout practice and don't tell him when. Hopefully they're already doing that or something similar.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'd hope teams are smart enough to be doing that with free throws already. Again there's no reason a professional player shouldn't be able to hit 70% at least.

Get some speakers and monitors with noisemakers if you have to. Have a fan day to simulate a crowd.
8th seed!
7gqgf.gif

Now just got to keep on doing this winning ...thing. lol
It'd be nice to see the Kings in the playoffs again. Even if their org is a tire fire, hopefully success will subside the awful decisions and management.

beat

I think practicing ft's like that is flawed if you're a bad ft shooter (which i hope it isn't the case)..you gotta simulate game conditions. Make him shoot free throws all throughout practice and don't tell him when. Hopefully they're already doing that or something similar.

That's conceptually like the kind of training Steve Kerr had late in his career:
With Kerr playing reduced minutes in Portland as a 36-year-old during the 2001-02 campaign, he found himself struggling to stay loose for meaningful shooting opportunities. Kerr told Engelland about his problem and the shooting expert flew up and offered a solution: a 30-minute, seven-shot workout. Kerr and Engelland would sit alone on the bench in the Portland practice facility after everybody else had left. Engelland would ask Kerr to tell him what was going on with his kids or even leave him to read a newspaper. After a few minutes, Engelland would shout at Kerr to go, and the two would sprint off the bench and set Kerr up for a single 3-point attempt from the wing before returning to the bench. Repeat six more times and you've got the league's most unlikely -- and simultaneously most logical -- shooting workout. A typical shooting coach, Kerr said, would have noted his struggles and told him to take 200 shots from a variety of spots to try to regain his physical rhythm. Instead, Engelland put himself in Kerr's shoes to help refresh Kerr's mental timing.

That's conceptually like the kind of training Steve Kerr had late in his career:

There's actually a real interesting Open Court discussion about when NBA players knew they should retire.

Anyways Kerr was on it and they were asking em when was the moment they knew they should retire. Zeke and Kenny Smith are on it as well.

For Kerr he talked about how he was trying this anti inflammatory drug called Viox, and how he felt like he could play with it and couldn't without it. It was not illegal or banned NBA substance at the time.

I found the vid, link is marked when Kerr starts talking about it.

https://youtu.be/BPCn_raDJf0?t=404

Honestly which one of yous voted for Kobe? Jeesh what a joke of a system. They should just pick the All-Star starters the same way they pick MVP/6th man/First Teams and get journalists to vote.

How did Zaza beat Blake Griffin and Boogie?

That Western conference lineup though

KD, Curry, Kawhi and Westbrook and.......... Kobe

Kobe going to fuck up everything. People want to see those other 4 players just ball out!

Garbage. Anthony and Wade should allow younger talent to take the honor of starting based on their current season accomplishments.

This is what I am saying about Kobe but he shouldn't even make it. Give his spot to a player that deserves it.

Wade deserves to make it this year, and heck you can at least make a case for Carmelo Anthony.

But Kobe Bryant is shooting career lows and possibly history league lows.

beat

Kobe deserved to be an All-Star in the years he was good. There's an All-Star game every year; he had his turns there.

Also, Anthony Davis not making the All-Star team may eventually end up costing him a lot of money, if he doesn't at least make an All-NBA team. (Though as Marks points out, it's arguable whether AD deserved to be a starter this year anyways.)

How in the world did Zaza (Zaza?!) beat out Green, Griffin, Duncan, Davis, Cousins, Aldridge, Jordan and, well, pretty much everyone on the list? He shouldn't even have ranked above the top ten.

And Anthony and Gasol getting votes ahead of Porzingis and Drummond is laughable.

Top Bottom