• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

This Heat team feels no different than it did last year.

I said the same thing earlier this season. The inability to consistently shoot jumpers is starting to slowly catch up with us.

I'm not going to worry too much about the loss tonight though. The Bucks are just a bad match up for us and they have had almost everything fall tonight.

Cheebo

Banned
GSW fans/CAVS haters acting like GS already won the championship. chill fam. it was one game.
Being better than Cavs is a minor part of them getting a second title. They need to be concerned with surviving a 7 game series against OKC and/or the Spurs before beating the Cavs is even an option.

phanphare

Banned
GSW fans/CAVS haters acting like GS already won the championship. chill fam. it was one game.

it's less people acting like GS already won and more people acting like the Cavs don't have a chance against two of the teams (GS and the Spurs) that are most likely to come out of the west.

"Man if Cavs had Kyrie and Love in da finals, Cavs wudda hav' won fam!"

Hopefully we can put that shit to rest. Here is the thing about Kyrie and Love, they arent good on D, if they arent monsters on offense, they arent much use. As you saw last night.

reminder that Kyrie was a net plus defender during that second-half run last season and that Love was getting there as well

so "that shit" was based off that fully healthy Cavs lineup breaking every team they faced in half

they're clearly not the same team (at least mentally), and GS is clearly better than they were last year

fully healthy '14-15 Cavs make that a series; fully healthy '15-16 Cavs are lucky to win a game. not that any "what ifs" matter, because GS won the title and will win another if they face this year's Cleveland team

Resilient

Only just halfway through the season and this Cavs team has only just gotten back together. I think ppl need to chill. It's like every season people forget who Lebron is and what he has done...I see Cavs beating whatever team comes out of the West as a possibility. Let's not act like either Spurs, OKC or GS will walk through the Conference Semi and Final in an easy 8 games. They will be tested harder than the Cavs will be in the East. Plus Playoff Lebron is a real thing.

Only just halfway through the season and this Cavs team has only just gotten back together. I think ppl need to chill. It's like every season people forget who Lebron is and what he has done...I see Cavs beating whatever team comes out of the West as a possibility. Let's not act like either Spurs, OKC or GS will walk through the Conference Semi and Final in an easy 8 games. They will be tested harder than the Cavs will be in the East. Plus Playoff Lebron is a real thing.

Playoff Lebron is going to be less and less of a thing the more and more he has to play 100 game seasons carrying guys to the Finals. The dam will eventually break.

Fjordson

Tonight should be interesting, could be tough for the Dubs. Chicago was the only team other than the Spurs to win in Golden State last year.

Playoff Lebron is going to be less and less of a thing the more and more he has to play 100 game seasons carrying guys to the Finals. The dam will eventually break.
Yeah I don't get what people don't get about the amount games he has put on his body. 5 straight hard fought playoffs into the finals. The dude isn't Superman. His body is breaking down, slower than most, but its breaking down. He's a major injury away from being average. Look at Kobe for God's sake

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I don't want to hear shit about butler being the best player on the Bulls if he doesn't show up the second half.

He disappeared in the second half of the last game against the cavs last year and he's not showing up today.

Resilient

Yeah I don't get what people don't get about the amount games he has put on his body. 5 straight hard fought playoffs into the finals. The dude isn't Superman. His body is breaking down, slower than most, but its breaking down. He's a major injury away from being average. Look at Kobe for God's sake

when i read stuff like this i just can't get on board. you're putting too much emphasis on what he does. dude isn't out in a coal mine every night, he's playing basketball. he is clearly genetically superior to most of us. he clearly is superman. there is also such a thing as a medical team and an off-season. let's not get too carried away.

Jarate

Banned
when i read stuff like this i just can't get on board. you're putting too much emphasis on what he does. dude isn't out in a coal mine every night, he's playing basketball. he is clearly genetically superior to most of us. he clearly is superman. there is also such a thing as a medical team and an off-season. let's not get too carried away.
82 games of basketball playing 40+ minutes for all of those games is incredibly grueling along with a minimum of 20 games in the postseason is ridiculous

Zack Lowe's pod this week is really good. Some insight on he cavs and Love and why they might need to trade him now while they can. Lowe pretty much says he is worthless against the Spurs and Warriors. he makes the case for a Love trade to Detroit that makes a lot of sense. Love would probably thrive under SVG.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Not really, no. The dude went to five straight NBA finals while taking on the brunt of the responsibility in almost every category on offense and often guarding the best scorer on the other team.

LeBron does more than anyone else in the NBA, in terms of physical wear and tear. And has for the last 5 years (outside of that Mavs finals...).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rockets started the 2nd half by bringing in KJ McDaniels.

To use him to intentionally foul Drummond 5 times in a span of about 9 seconds. Insane. Feel bad for McDaniels that has to be pretty humiliating to be the designated intentional fouler.

Zack Lowe's pod this week is really good. Some insight on he cavs and Love and why they might need to trade him now while they can. Lowe pretty much says he is worthless against the Spurs and Warriors. he makes the case for a Love trade to Detroit that makes a lot of sense. Love would probably thrive under SVG.

Lowe started some bullshit trade rumors about Raptors JV for Marc Gasol.

Did he say Love for Drummond or something this time around?

His podcast is ESPN Trade machine now.

Messi

Rockets started the 2nd half by bringing in KJ McDaniels.

To use him to intentionally foul Drummond 5 times in a span of about 9 seconds. Insane. Feel bad for McDaniels that has to be pretty humiliating to be the designated intentional fouler.

This shit infuriates me. Then we have people going crazy when teams hack Dwight.

Lowe started some bullshit trade rumors about Raptors JV for Marc Gasol.

Did he say Love for Drummond or something this time around?

His podcast is ESPN Trade machine now.

Nah it was Drummond for KCP and some other pieces. The goal was to break up Love's contract into smaller pieces/athletes that can help Cleveland more in potential playoff matchups with SA and GSW, while also pairing Love with Drummond and Jackson to basically recreate the SVG Dwight Magic team.

You can point to history. Most guys (even genetically superior ones) who hit the kind of minutes/games played numbers that LeBron is hitting started to hit the end of their prime (especially perimeter players). We tend to think LeBron as young because he came out of HS and because he's "only" 31 but he has the amount of wear and tear on his body of a guy 4 or 5 years older than him. Some of the greatest players (Magic, Larry, Isiah, even Mike) were either retired or way past their prime by their 13th seasons. Others had to adjust their games accordingly. Obviously we don't know how things will play out, and LeBron is a smart enough player that I think he will age well, but it's not outlandish to say that we are nearing the end of his prime, which would be a very, very bad thing for Cleveland and how they are constructed.

These injuries got me like

9T1kgIr.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
So from what I saw in that bulls loss is that

Bobby portis should be starting and pau comes off the bench.

Etwaun Moore deserves the backup PG spot

Rose shot efficiently again shooting over 50%

And threekolai still can't seem to shoot and is still over hyped to be the next dirk

ViciousDS

Banned
They needed their 3 best players to play lights out and only one really came close to that.

Snell, Mirotic and McDermott should all be on the block.

Throw gasol there as Well

But yes....fucking McDermott is at his peek. With the way the league evolved he Will never be able to stay in front of his defender let alone create his own space for a nice Shot

Portis can easily play what he can With more energy and a better range

I'm just glad Portis showed up a bit tonight.

He was floundering after his hot start as a pro.

I love his shot.

The only thing he can't really do is jump but he's tall and neither can Gasol.

Portis and D-Rose playing good ball are the only bright spots for a shitty effort.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm just glad Portis showed up a bit tonight.

He was floundering after his hot start as a pro.

I love his shot.

The only thing he can't really do is jump but he's tall and neither can Gasol.

Portis and D-Rose playing good ball are the only bright spots for a shitty effort.

Problem with Port is is he could play 24 minutes one game and 3 the next. Hoiberg could pull him for one bad scoring game. Portis can easily make that up though on the defensive end. The guy has amazing vert and lat accel. He easily moves and switches much more then pau ever will at this point

Top Bottom