• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Having so many guards/ball handlers on this team is a detriment to Russell's development. Hopefully Swaggy has a decent first couple of months and we can trade him. It's going to be tough for D'Angelo to find his rhythm in Scott's boneheaded offense and his favoring of Lou/Kobe/Huerta as he desperately tries to save his job. Hopefully next year we get a HC who can instill an offense that helps develop these young guys.

Turned out to be an exciting game, though you have to think an actual NBA team would have blown both these jokers out (and I'm a Wolves fan).

To whomever said Lavine needs to play with Rubio, after the short spurt in the 4th I have to agree. Lavine, at this stage of his career, only has the capacity to be responsible for himself, not the whole team. Put him next to Rubio for 5 minutes a game and go from there.

harSon

Banned
Having so many guards/ball handlers on this team is a detriment to Russell's development. Hopefully Swaggy has a decent first couple of months and we can trade him. It's going to be tough for D'Angelo to find his rhythm in Scott's boneheaded offense and his favoring of Lou/Kobe/Huerta as he desperately tries to save his job. Hopefully next year we get a HC who can instill an offense that helps develop these young guys.

Huerta played for 13 minutes bro

Coach Kobe lmao
Scott is useless

0433060001445969433_filepicker.jpg

Seriously, byron scott needs to go..

Is D'Angelo Russell even good? Just not seeing it.

I hope to quote this down the line to laugh at this hopefully foolish comment.

I think he can be but I think it's going to be a hell of an adjustment for him, moreso than most rookies. He's not an elite athlete so it will probably be harder for him to adjust to the speed and athleticism of the pro game. It's all on him and how hard he wants to work. Wouldn't surprise me if he has a mostly forgettable rookie season. I read an article comparing his game to Harden, who also had a rough rookie year.

I think he can be but I think it's going to be a hell of an adjustment for him, moreso than most rookies. He's not an elite athlete so it will probably be harder for him to adjust to the speed and athleticism of the pro game. It's all on him and how hard he wants to work. Wouldn't surprise me if he has a mostly forgettable rookie season. I read an article comparing his game to Harden, who also had a rough rookie year.

Considering the preview we saw tonight in #ByronSystem, it's going to be an especially shitty rookie season.

tm24

Watching the highlights of the Den/Hou game. Mudiay started off good dishing the ball and then his handling got real ugly til the end. It didnt really cost Den much since they were ahead comfortably, but it's something that's gonna need to be worked on once they start playing better defenses. He did have a nice streak to finish the game though

Pachimari

Hey, welcome to NBA GAF! Seeing you new in here reminded of me the season before last. I'm over in Europe too so hardly see games live and only became clued into the NBA the season before last.

A great way to get your knowledge up to scratch (well for me anyway) was checking out sites like Grantland, SI.com and BleachersReport regularly. There's some really insightful analysis with their various articles and podcasts. Also if you have some spare time I recommend Bill SImmons book "The Book of Basketball". It was published in 2009 so it's kind of out of date but covers stuff like best players of all time, best teams throughout the history of NBA, the NBA/ABA merger in the 70's and generally a really good read.
I recommend this book as well.

Very nice recommendations, thank you very much. I will check out those website you listed as well. I'm probably gonna look into that book but honestly, I'm not good at reading through books, my attention always goes elsewhere. But it seems to cover a lot of things, so I might pick it up. :)

Ah ok my bad I just entered the thread today so I had no idea, welcome to NBA basketball do you have a team yet? League pass is 199$ and team pass which is where you can get your favorite teams game is 119$. I am thinking about picking it up myself to follow the Celtics since I am from Boston but now live in Nor-Cal.
Yeah, my team is LA Lakers.

A League Pass is $235 here. While a Premium pass is $280.
Welp, I thought the passes were more expensive in the US.

tm24

Madridista, if you really want to get into basketball, heres a fun list

Https://redd.it/3olt67

Lots of great people to follow, read analysis, some great podcasts and video on there

Personal favorites are Zach Lowe, Bill Simmons, Nate duncan, Haralabob Voulgaris and emerging as my favs this year are The Starters crew

jwhit28

Well the good news is the Hornets offense is more free flowing and they are taking more 3's. Bad news is they still aren't going in.

Also, Kawhi looks scary good on offense in a game where he was stifling KD.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Very nice recommendations, thank you very much. I will check out those website you listed as well. I'm probably gonna look into that book but honestly, I'm not good at reading through books, my attention always goes elsewhere. But it seems to cover a lot of things, so I might pick it up. :)

A League Pass is $235 here. While a Premium pass is $280.
Welp, I thought the passes were more expensive in the US.

There is also Ballstreams.com which shows every NBA game in a better quality than League Pass. It only costs 90$ for 12 months. The great thing about Ballstreams is that you can freeze your account anytime you want and the time it is frozen gets added on at the end. So let's say you subscribe now and during the Summer you freeze it for 3 months then you can use it until January 2017. If you do this twice in a row you basically got 3 seasons worth of NBA Basketball for 180$.
Now the problem with Ballstreams is that you can not subscribe right now as they have some issues with their billing system. It should be fixed hopefully in the next few days or so.
Here's my referral link if you'd like to subscribe to Ballstreams
http://www.ballstreams.com/ref/10294

If you want League Pass I would recommend buying it through a proxy of another country. I think Canada has the cheapest prices of a little over 100$ or so. I haven't bought League Pass in 2 years so I'm not really sure, you should google it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I can't wait until the Heat starting 5 figure it out on offense and it becomes deadly. This is the best bench we've had in years.

Cheebo

Banned

First time following the NBA and you pick one of the far and away worst teams in the league? I gotta give you props for that I guess! They are most likely going to purposely tank this year, so don't let the losses turn you off from the game.

Pachimari

First time following the NBA and you pick one of the far and away worst teams in the league? I gotta give you props for that I guess! They are most likely going to purposely tank this year, so don't let the losses turn you off from the game.
I liked LA Lakers when I were a kid. Probably because of the jersey's colors but I also heard about O'Neal. And they were founded in 1947 which is he birth year of my father, so I think this team is for me. And I don't ever wanna change my team. :)

I'm watching the game against the Wolves right now and I really like Randle, Russel, Williams and Kobe.

I don't understand the substitutions. Can they substitute a player any time? Or are they substituting the whole team during a quarter?

Cheebo

Banned
I liked LA Lakers when I were a kid. Probably because of the jersey's colors but I also heard about O'Neal. And they were founded in 1947 which is he birth year of my father, so I think this team is for me. And I don't ever wanna change my team. :)

I'm watching the game against the Wolves right now and I really like Randle, Russel, Williams and Kobe.

No bad reason to pick a team. I just hope you don't drop out when they start tanking on purpose. All part of the game!

The reason behind ranking is that in the NBA for the draft (in which teams pick their new players) to put it simply the teams with the worst records get to go first and pick the best players.

Pachimari

No bad reason to pick a team. I just hope you don't drop out when they start tanking on purpose. All part of the game!

The reason behind ranking is that in the NBA for the draft (in which teams pick their new players) to put it simply the teams with the worst records get to go first and pick the best players.
Really? Wow I didn't know that. I know absolutely nothing about the draft. Is that like a transfer window?

I can't imagine LA Lakers wanting to miss out of the playoffs for a 3rd consecutive year when that has never happened before.

Cheebo

Banned
Really? Wow I didn't know that. I know absolutely nothing about the draft. Is that like a transfer window?

I can't imagine LA Lakers wanting to miss out of the playoffs for a 3rd consecutive year when that has never happened before.
Teams draft kids out of college every year in June (and some kids from overseas). The order of picks starts with those who have the worst records going first, so they get to pick the best players.

For example the Minnesota Timberwolves had the worst record last year and got the first draft pick.

And their draft pick is top 3 protected, in which they don't get to keep it unless it's in the top 3 due to a deal they made previously.

And playoffs is not really an option for the Lakers, the west is just too good right now. They are in rebuilding mode right now especially since Kobe won't be there next year. Getting more good young talent like Russel and Randle which they drafted the last 2 years for another year would make sense. It doesn't help they have a terrible coach right now.

The Lakers will be a playoff caliber team again and be good again but we are likely a few years away from that point.

Cheebo

Banned
Teams can trade away their draft picks. But put stipulations on it. Such as if they get a pick in the top 3 or what have you they get to keep it still for that year.

To put it simply the Lakers don't get their draft pick this year unless they are really bad.

Which puts teams in this situation into a thought process of: Do we risk the the unlikely chance at a playoff spot and lose our draft pick or tank and keep our draft pick?

Pachimari

Hmm wow, so teams tank on purpose.

Can I ask, why is it that Scott Bryan is a bad coach?

And I'm super surprised that we threw away that lead against the Wolves in the 4th quarter. Wow.

Pachimari

Just finished the Wolves - Lakers match. Probably the best I have seen yet. What an intense ending wow wow wow. So sad we lost 112-111 but man was this something else. Can't believe we threw away such a lead.

What does rebounds mean? Is that when a shot misses and then you take the ball and scores after the miss?

lol. Kobe was like 6-13 by the end of the first half. He got 8-24 at the end of the game lmao
And what is this about?

Apath

Just finished the Wolves - Lakers match. Probably the best I have seen yet. What an intense ending wow wow wow. So sad we lost 112-111 but man was this something else. Can't believe we threw away such a lead.
Where were you able to watch it? I only caught Bulls Nets and 76ers Celtics last night.

lol. Kobe was like 6-13 by the end of the first half. He got 8-24 at the end of the game lmao

Ouch. Would be sad if the growth of the rookies was stunted by the fact that so many FG attempts are all concentrated through him. And for what? To win 5 extra games?

Cheebo

Banned
Ouch. Would be sad if the growth of the rookies was stunted by the fact that so many FG attempts are all concentrated through him. And for what? To win 5 extra games?

Thankfully he is gone after this year, the kids will have plenty of time to grow the next few seasons.

Top Bottom