• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Jarate

Banned
T-wolves are what the 76ers think they are doing. Hope they land Simmons and get someone like Thibs in there

Yep, the sixers totally had a player like Kevin Love who they could trade for Andrew Wiggins, who is their best player right now.

Meanwhile, you guys have gotten like 2 1st overall draft picks in a row, had a much better roster to start off with in the tanking process, and still only have like what, 15 wins. Woo that's really awesome!

Into

Cavs were really bad against Charlotte, no desire, no fire. For all the talk about player meetings and fresh starts, they look off.

Cavs were really bad against Charlotte, no desire, no fire. For all the talk about player meetings and fresh starts, they look off.

part of it's an effort problem, part of it's a scheme problem with respect to lebron refusing to let anyone run any goddamn plays, part of it's a mindset problem with kyrie still being shook

(and part of it's a personnel problem. you ain't getting consistency even against the middling teams when two of your three highest-paid players are net negative defenders.)

nillah

Banned
When the Cavs are bad, they're REALLY bad.

But the question is,

You have a Charlotte team, who knows if they're really this good?

phanphare

Banned
When the Cavs are bad, they're REALLY bad.

But the question is,

You have a Charlotte team, who knows if they're really this good?

when healthy the hornets have looked really good this season. they shot all the way up to the 2 seed in the east earlier in the season and that was without MKG who is our best defender among other things. then the injury bug hit big time. al, cody, lin, batum, and lamb. that's a pretty solid starting 5 right there haha and having al and cody out meant spencer fucking hawes had to start and tyler fucking hansbrough got minutes. if we can stay healthy and make a push for the playoffs I'm interested to see what this team can do. they've got the offensive fire power in every group they put on the floor and they'll have the defense now that cody and mkg are back to keep everyone organized on that end.

Ronin Ray

Great to see Aldridge getting more and more comfortable with the Spurs. Danny has been playing great since Jan. and I guess he's out of his slump. All we need now is Tony to remain consistent and healthy in the playoffs.

I would add get Tim back healthy. The defense is a shell of its self with out him. I also want to see L.A play that way with Tim in the game.

nillah

Banned
Indiana vs Hornets would be an amaaaazing playoff series.

And I do believe Charlotte caught the Cavs on a weird night. A night in which JR shoved a player and DIDN'T get ejected.

Winner here is clearly the refs :~)

phanphare

Banned
any night's a weird night for the cavs with love on defense. yall need to get some value back for him, dude's gonna kill you in the finals.

This is one of the worst Harry Barnes games I've seen in a long time. Goddamn.

Warriors fan struggles are like a billionaire complaining about the maintenance costs of his 300 ft Yacht and Gulfstream 85XL.
francis.png

mjcry1.png

Fjordson

Warriors fan struggles are like a billionaire complaining about the maintenance costs of his 300 ft Yacht and Gulfstream 85XL.
francis.png

mjcry1.png
Lmao I'm nitpicking, but it was just on my mind after the KD to Golden State article yesterday. Like Klay and Draymond have improved so much over the two last years, whereas Barnes is still kinda the same inconsistent guy he's always been. He's easily the weakest link in the starting unit.

Barnes was starting to look better in the beginning of the season before he went down with that ankle injury. He'll probably be closer to averaging his November numbers as we get closer to April.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
He should just sit out until April and then work himself into game shape in the last 2 weeks of the season to prep for the playoffs.

Bucks are interested in trading away Greg Monroe and/or Michael Carter-Williams. Maybe they shouldn't have gotten rid of Brandon Knight.

I thought the fact that he made it (with one hand at that) was dope as all hell but there's no way that could be considered a genuine shooting motion from that far out to consider it a shooting foul

On a sidenote, Wall balled his ass off last night.

A shooting foul is called when contact is made to an offensive player who has started his shooting motion. The act of shooting starts when the ball is “gathered” and continues until the shooting motion ceases and the player returns to a normal floor position. It is not essential that the ball leave the shooter’s hand for it to be a shooting foul (e.g., his arm(s) might be held so that he cannot actually make an attempt.) The “gather” is further defined as the point between where the player’s dribbling has stopped such that he has gained enough control to redirect the ball for a pass or shot. It is not a clear point, but one that involves split-second judgment by referees.

Definition of Gather

On a drive to the basket or on a running shot, the shooting motion starts when the offensive player “gathers” the ball, that is, he has gained enough control to either pass or shoot.

Gortat fouls him right at the gather in this case. Now you can make an argument of anticipating the foul, but players do that all the time when they're closer to the rim. I understand why the ref didn't make the call (you don't want to award a team 3 free throws for heaving a half court shot) but by the letter of the rules, it should've been a 3 points and a free throw.

-I forgot how fast Wall is...I remember watching his HS clips and thinking the guy was just a blur on the court. Amazing how quick he got to the rim repeatedly last night.

phanphare

Banned
some frank on love gifs because why not

"hey can you bite on my shot fake so I can get in the paint? thanks"

0XeT9cz.gif

"excuse me, I just need to get by you so I can score this rebound"

RUJtxBU.gif

"can I borrow one of your moves?"

ehZoizN.gif

all within the span of about 2 minutes during the second quarter

Jennings to Nets rumors?

Of course, as one league source said, “if the Pistons were willing to give the Nets their 2016 and 2017 first round picks…” Or perhaps, there have been talks but not involving Young.

This is Robbery redefined.

beat

Steph Curry has a 96 rating in NBA2k16 and I think he's still better in real life.

He really is better than his 2K stats! http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/p...curry-is-better-than-video-game-stephen-curry

We reached out to 2K Sports and had the company run 50 simulations of Curry in the 2015-16 season. Based on the results, Curry is playing better in real life than in those simulations.

Curry is averaging an NBA-high 29.8 points per game this season. The 2K version averaged 28.5 points per game.

The real Curry has 22 30-point games, on pace for 36 for the season. Simulations had Curry averaging 23 30-point games over the course of an entire season.

Fjordson

I'm going with Devin Booker.

Steph already won so won't be as dialed in and he's actually better when a dude is in his face or he's fading off the dribble lol.

fertygo

Obama during GSW white house visit

It is rare to be in the presence of guys from the greatest team in NBA history. So we're pretty lucky today because we have one of those players in the the house Steve Kerr

yooooooo

Man it sucks to see Melo struggle like this the dude clearly not the same player he once was after that knee injury. His shooting efficiency is as bad as it was his rookie season.

Top Bottom