• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Like i said if its not a Nets pick and any core player there isnt much downside. You can see how he plays in the system then move on. At the same time he will want Max so why rent a guy who surely wont be here?

Unless my math is wrong the C's would have enough cap space to sign him and another guy to max deals. I'm not sure he's the guy to max out but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

spyder_ur

I'd rent him for Lee and non Nets picks. Hes 8 years removed from his prime and a gimp now.

What would it take though? Dwight is a huge name but is he worth the possibility of Simmons/Ingram?

I have mixed feelings on Dwight. If you had asked me a year ago, I would've been all in because I felt the Celtics interior defense was the biggest need. Strangely it's not anymore, with the addition of Amir and the defensive improvement from Olynyk and Sully they are actually pretty solid there.

I'm still interest though, and Dwight is hardly a gimp. Something like Bradley, Turner, Sully and the Mavs pick would feel about right, though I'm not sure that'd get him.

Currys contract has got to be the best contract by far in the NBA in terms of benefitting the team. It was a good value even before he blew up

I miss Simmons' yearly best contract article. Because of the max salary structure, the best 2 or 3 players in the NBA are almost by default the best contracts, but yes Curry's is even an exception past that.

Celts would have at least three on the list: Isaiah ($6.5M AAV through 2018), Bradley ($8.2M AAV through 2018_ and Crowder ($7M AAV through 2020). Those are all incredible given what swingmen like Carroll, Middleton, got last summer.

Raptors interested in PJ Tucker and Markieff Morris.

To think that Knicks/Nuggets 1st round pick will be used to bring either PJ back to Tdot or get Morris.

So much for the All-star stud like Boogie Cousins, or Blake Griffin

Markieff Morris is probably the most likely player to get traded in the whole NBA. Holy crap have the Suns been a front office disaster these last few years.

Tom Penny

Unless my math is wrong the C's would have enough cap space to sign him and another guy to max deals. I'm not sure he's the guy to max out but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.
D12 is a max player in the Tristan Thompson world of Max but hes not a true max player. With his injuries and game that revolves around athleticism and not skill it would be horrible.

Currys contract has got to be the best contract by far in the NBA in terms of benefitting the team. It was a good value even before he blew up

They were able to get that contract negotiated because everyone was unsure how his ankles would hold up. If Curry's career ankles never recovered, I think we'd be singing a slightly different tune in regards to that contract.

It's sad to see David Lee's career wind up like this. I've never seen anyone lose the ability to hit a midrange jumpshot the way he did. The free throw line extended jumper was automatic for him at one point.

Bread

Banned
I'd get Dwight just so we have a leg up on resigning him, plus he would help to get another top tier guy in free agency. This Celtics team with Dwight/rookie with the nets pick/top tier FA would be a top 5 team immediately.

I'd get Dwight just so we have a leg up on resigning him, plus he would help to get another top tier guy in free agency. This Celtics team with Dwight/rookie with the nets pick/top tier FA would be a top 5 team immediately.

I question just how coachable a player like Dwight is. I think his defense will ultimately be fine but offensively he just never developed. Robotic post game, allergic to pick and roll. Never has been a great passer out of the post either.

Tom Penny

Why would D12 bring in free agents? His best friends are Josh Smith and Rondo. He will opt out and seek Max and hes not worth it.

Rockets have no plans to trade Dwight Howard

The Houston Rockets are approaching the upcoming trade deadline with the intent to keep center Dwight Howard for the rest of the season, according to sources familiar with the team's plans.

Sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday that the Rockets, despite recent speculation to the contrary, are not looking to trade Howard before the Feb. 18 deadline, even though he has to right to become a free agent July 1 and could thus leave the team this summer without compensation.

The Rockets' grand plan, sources said this week, remains making an all-out pursuit in free agency this summer for Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. Rockets officials have long believed privately that they will have as good a chance as any team to steal Durant away from the Thunder in the offseason because of his strong relationship with his former teammate, Harden, and the room Houston has to pay Durant max-contract money while also re-signing Howard.

Man, there are going to be so many teams disappointed over Durant this summer.

beat

They were able to get that contract negotiated because everyone was unsure how his ankles would hold up. If Curry's career ankles never recovered, I think we'd be singing a slightly different tune in regards to that contract.
Conversely, if he'd gotten those braces a season or two earlier, he might be on a max contract now and they'd never have had the room to acquire Iguodala.

spyder_ur

Celtics abusing Drummond on pick n roll. Really nice adjustment to just go at him, vs how they approached Detroit the last time they played them. Smart work by Stevens.

Stan Van is the absolute best. Just makes me smile every time I see him on TV.

Fjordson

It's lit in Washington. Curry has 17 in the first and hasn't missed a shot 🔥🔥🔥

Also, Jay Bilas is great on a broadcast. Better than 95% of NBA guys.

Brinbe

Goddamn, Steph

Barring any injury, the Warriors are cruising to that title. They're better than they were last season.

FTF

Curry going supernova again...hopefully the Wizards keep it close so he plays the whole/most of the game.

spyder_ur

It's lit in Washington. Curry has 17 in the first and hasn't missed a shot 🔥🔥🔥

Also, Jay Bilas is great on a broadcast. Better than 95% of NBA guys.

Oh is this the week they're switching college and NBA announcers? Bilas is great, though I think plenty of the NBA guys are pretty good too.

Brinbe

Just keep spamming those 3s, Steph. I wanna see records broken tonight.

How many fucking teams haven't even broken 43 pts through a half!? Jesus fuck, they're on pace for like 170 pts

The Hornets just issued a tweet (@HornetsPR) bragging about selling out a third of their home games so far.

Back in the day, they sold out entire seasons -- in a larger arena.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
0203-blake-griffin-hand-surgery-scar-injury-photo-launch-3.jpg

Jarate

Banned
You ever punch a guy so hard that your hand rips in half

GET THIS DUDE ON THE SIXERS

his value is the lowest it could possibly be

Tubobutts

Steph Curry has a 96 rating in NBA2k16 and I think he's still better in real life.

That last sequence starting with the missed dunk was ridiculous.

On nights like these where he is obviously in the zone; at what point does it become better to just foul Curry at the 3 line and take your risks with free throws?

Top Bottom