• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Man, I'd LOVE that trade provided Dwight isn't a chemistry spoiler (I don't think he is, there are a lot of dysfunctional pieces in Houston and that team fuckball offense can't be healthy to anyone). Plus, talent-wise, I don't think anyone better is hitting the market. And while this move doesn't put the C's ahead of the Cavs, it brings them closer. Combine that core of Bradley, Thomas, Crowder, Howard and all the other role players on a Brad Stevens coached team with the Nets pick and yabadabadoo.

jbug617

Banned
Derek Fisher going on vacation with Matt Barnes ex
nmHMtFL.jpg

Speaking of the slam dunk competition, I think it's time for my nearly annual suggestion saying how about just not have one.

Actually, I say move that thing to late morning, early afternoon, position it strictly for the kids, and get rid of all the gimmicks involved. Or at least cut them down so that players actually make a high percentage of their dunk attempts.

In reality, there is nothing they can do in that event that is more compelling than dunks that happen during an actual game over actual people. If they want to make the dunk competition entertaining again, bring out some people to play defense.

I so remember the huge hype people tried to build him. I wasn't impressed.

You want to know a cool story:

He was watching a playoff game in my living room, a year after he retired. And he was breaking down the Spurs Utah for me. Just fascinating to hear how dirty Stockton was.

Bowser

I'd take that CLT deal, although I'd try to include Zeller instead of Marvin (I think Morey would rather have Zeller anyway) - with Dwight in the fold, there'd be a logjam at the 5 CLT would have to sort thru if they kept Zeller (Zeller's best position is the 5 and we'd have him, Dwight, Frank, and Hawes there).

Kemba/Batum/MKG/Marvin/Dwight is a ECF contender next season.

Sources to Globe: Celtics not interested in Dwight Howard; Al Horford deal also unlikely

Well, shit.

Related - Mannix: Asking price for Horford, Teague 'borderline ridiculous’

“From everything I’ve been told in the last two or three days, Atlanta’s requests for both Al Horford and Jeff Teague have been borderline ridiculous,” explained Mannix. “The kind of things teams like Boston, or Milwaukee, or Denver simply won’t deal for the players they want.

Im still not sure why you want to blow your load right now for Dwight when you have the possibility to get Ben Simmons from the Nets pick

I doubt Dwight gets them past the cavs tbh

There's no way Ainge would give up any of the Nets picks for Dwight. If we can keep our core and the Nets picks I'd be ecstatic with a Dwight trade.

lol of course he wouldn't.

I'm not saying the C's would definitely beat the Cavs with Dwight but I wouldn't bet a lot of money against it.
Just my entire life savings.

spyder_ur

This is the type of story you hear a week or so before the trade deadline. Not that I expect a Howard or Horford deal. I'm not surprised that Howard might not be a target for the Cs. Horford is another story though; he'd be nearly perfect fit.

Im still not sure why you want to blow your load right now for Dwight when you have the possibility to get Ben Simmons from the Nets pick

I don't think anyone is saying the Celts would use the Nets pick to get Howard. They have two other first rounders plus tons of seconds and future picks.

Bread

Banned

celtics aren't trading the nets pick for a rental, anyways. they would do the deal if it didn't include the pick.

This is the type of story you hear a week or so before the trade deadline. Not that I expect a Howard or Horford deal. I'm not surprised that Howard might not be a target for the Cs. Horford is another story though; he'd be nearly perfect fit.

Yeah, Mannix says as much in the article. Hopefully we get them both in the end.

Bowser

Celts got all them 2016 "assets" aka the Nets pick for the potential to take Broken Shot Ben Simmons or Beanpole Brandon Ingram (and probably missing out on both anyway) and two picks in the 20s.

What the Celts gonna do fielding a team of meh young guys? Perpetual 2nd round exits? Assets are only assets it you actually turn them into something.

spyder_ur

Lol hey you want to give up a ton if assets to rent Al Hortford. If not you have to wait til hes a free agent in the summer...

Ignoring this season, there are benefits to having Horford on the roster when free agency begins, assuming the Celtics have interest in him long term. Same goes for Howard I'd suppose, though I'd be far more wary of a long-term max deal with him.

Tom Penny

Ignoring this season, there are benefits to having Horford on the roster when free agency begins, assuming the Celtics have interest in him long term. Same goes for Howard I'd suppose, though I'd be far more wary of a long-term max deal with him.
Only reason its to see their potential ceiling and that price isnt a Nets pick.

spyder_ur

Only reason its to see their potential ceiling and that price isnt a Nets pick.

They would own his Bird rights, allowing them to go over the cap to resign him. Basically without a detailed look at the cap, they might be able to secure another max-contract FA before formally signing Horford. Think they can offer him more as well.

Either way, no, the price shouldn't and won't be the Nets 2016 pick for either.

Are the Celtics allowed to trade the pick swap in 2017?

Bowser

They would own his Bird rights, allowing them to go over the cap to resign him. Basically without a detailed look at the cap, they might be able to secure another max-contract FA before formally signing Horford. Think they can offer him more as well.

Either way, no, the price shouldn't and won't be the Nets 2016 pick for either.

Are the Celtics allowed to trade the pick swap in 2017?

I have no idea if this is true, but I assume if Boston traded its 2017 pick, the pick swap option would go with the pick, not stay with the team.

I have no idea if this is true, but I assume if Boston traded its 2017 pick, the pick swap option would go with the pick, not stay with the team.

I also have no idea if this is true but I'd assume that the Celtics would have to either give up the swap and trade their own pick or wait for the draft to trade the Nets pick. Or maybe they could decide right now to go through with the swap and fork over their 2nd round pick to the Nets.

spyder_ur

That would make some sense. I can't seem to find an answer after some light Googling.

The only thing is the language is often phrased as "The Celtics have the option to swap". So I'm not sure.

Top Bottom