• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Bread

Banned
Celtics are a great fit for Dwight. Thomas/Bradley/Smart/Crowder with Olynyk stretching the floor at the 4 position. Let's do it Danny!!!!

ViciousDS

Banned
Well 1 week of at least the bulls not losing. We need a new GM badly. I feel bad Hoiberg fell for his scheming lol. Gar is one of the furthest who actually cares about winning. For him all that matters is money

Celtics problem in a way is that they have a ton of assets and thanks to the Bobcats, teams know they are willing to use them. Teams will probably ask for the moon from them for players like Dwight and Horford, and the Celtics will have to ask themselves just how much it's worth to acquire a 30 game rental of an all star caliber player for a team whose realistic ceiling is ECF.

Jarate

Banned
Celtics just need to wait for this next draft to see if what they are going to get from the Brooklyn pick. No reason to go after Dwight if you're getting Simmons

Jarate

Banned
Getting Dwight is a big risk in today's small ball era.

He'd be fine as the only big out there.

Small Ball meme will die once some of the new age big men start dominationg again. Towns is gonna be so fucking good it's not even funny. Reason why small ball is so popular is because NBA big men became too slow and unable to shoot, but we're seeing a lot of really good young bigs come into the game.

Ainge isnt giving up any Nets pick to rent Hortford or D12 so im not concerned about that

As a Sixers fan, it's always funny to me how people freak out about them and ignore the absolute shit show the Brooklyn Nets put out. If there's a franchise that should be admonished, it's the Brooklyn Net's "win now" straegy that will set them back for 4-5 years

Bowser

If Morey gets desperate I wouldn't mind attaching a 2016 lotto-protected first with Big Al and other expiring salaries (Brian Roberts and PJ?) for Dwight.

The Blazers are 27-27.

I love my Blazers but I don't think they've quite got the handle on how the whole "rebuilding" thing works. We don't get marquee free agents in Portland, ever (besides Scottie on the tale end of his career). We draft (Walton, Lillard, Roy, Oden, Randolph, O'Neal, Sabonis, Drexler, Porter, basically the entire late-80s early-90s team, Sam "not Jordan" Bowie), we do draft day deals (Aldridge, Batum) and we occasionally gamble on overpaying young players and hope they develop (Matthews, Sheed, Strickland, Stoudamire). Given that most of this strategy revolves around the draft, being a middling team that gets swept in the first round of the playoffs is the worst situation we could be in. I love the heart, but this is just going to keep us in a perpetual battle for the right to be swept by the Warriors / Spurs and that's not much to look forward to every year. At least getting an Oden gives you a couple weeks of hope before you realize that papier-mâché is an unsuitable building material for an athlete's knees.

I love my Blazers but I don't think they've quite got the handle on how the whole "rebuilding" thing works. We don't get marquee free agents in Portland, ever (besides Scottie on the tale end of his career). We draft (Walton, Lillard, Roy, Oden, Randolph, O'Neal, Sabonis, Drexler, Porter, basically the entire late-80s early-90s team, Sam "not Jordan" Bowie), we do draft day deals (Aldridge, Batum) and we occasionally gamble on overpaying young players and hope they develop (Matthews, Sheed, Strickland, Stoudamire). Given that most of this strategy revolves around the draft, being a middling team that gets swept in the first round of the playoffs is the worst situation we could be in. I love the heart, but this is just going to keep us in a perpetual battle for the right to be swept by the Warriors / Spurs and that's not much to look forward to every year. At least getting an Oden gives you a couple weeks of hope before you realize that papier-mâché is an unsuitable building material for an athlete's knees.

I mostly agree. Portland traded like 100 dudes to get Pippen though. He wasnt a free agent.

Personally im happy with the Blazers. We already got back burner players that need to develop and I think if they really had their eyes on a pick this year then they tank. We can still develop Cliff Alexander, Pat Connaughtan, and Montero in the background. Use them as assets later.

As it is Vonleh is showing promise, and we got Aminu and Harkless on killer deals. If we really get stuck we can make a nice package involving MccCollum, Leonard, or Plumlee and some of the the developing players.

effzee

Fisher has successfully implemented the triangle offense twice.

The day Nate Robinson won the dunk contest over Iggy was the day I vowed to never watch the Dunk Contest again.

How does https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6z9-l4hnMM this not beat Nate Robinson's incredible 40 minute miss showing https://youtu.be/aJpGMCEcS5c?t=8m32s in the finals

That shit pissed me off so bad, glad it's such a shitshow now

Yeah I remember being livid at that.

7ufVwjV.png

Gonna miss Kobe ):

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can someone fill me in on the whole Fisher drama with Barnes?

I thought both were married? Wasn't Fisher some virtuous man who left Utah because his daughter to be closer to her during her treatment

He got divorced. It doesn't mean he doesn't love his daughter.

I guess he started fucking around with Barnes' ex, Barnes didn't appreciate it because they were boys, punched him, etc.

I thought both were married? Wasn't Fisher some virtuous man who left Utah because his daughter to be closer to her during her treatment

The drama is that Matt Barnes is a psychopathic asshole who thinks he owns his ex wife's vagina.

Fisher is divorced, Barnes I think he is either separated or divorced. Either way, his kids called and told him Fisher was at the house, I guess Barnes ex-wife was dating Fisher. Barnes went crazy, He got in his car and went to the house and went after Fisher.

The day Fisher got fired Barnes posted this https://www.instagram.com/p/BBiIMChLzdA/?taken-by=matt_barnes9

Since the interest was reported, I'm of the belief they were never in on him, because Masai is a ninja.

Smokescreen possible, but I feel like we need a PF, and a SF in order to prevent a 1st round exit this time again. Carroll is hurt and we just can't defend at the 4 spot.

Into

He should have just stayed in Orlando. The could have made the ECF a few times, considering that even Indiana did it with Hibbert and Lance, Vogel was a magician. Sure they would have gotten spanked by Big 3 Heat, but consider what Dwight has accomplished since, lol Lakers season and being second fiddle to Harden, who this season decided to just take a break.

Yeah hindsight is 20/20, from a major free agent to essentially a guy that according to Zach Lowe, Raptors just passed on.

I doubt he cares about championships at this stage, he just wants one last big paycheck and then bow out.

Moertel

Yeah hindsight is 20/20, from a major free agent to essentially a guy that according to Zach Lowe, Raptors just passed on.

Pretty sure Raptors just passed on him because they can't match salaries at all and Houston wouldn't do a trade without Valanciunas.

Howard's still getting the max one he hits free agency. But there are just few teams and trades that make sense right now.

effzee

He got divorced. It doesn't mean he doesn't love his daughter.

I guess he started fucking around with Barnes' ex, Barnes didn't appreciate it because they were boys, punched him, etc.

Worded it wrong. Didn't mean to imply he doesn't love his daughter but the image of Fisher throughout his playing career was that he was this clean cut guy. Didn't expect him to be getting into fights with other players over their SO. Now he was also interested in Tim Hardaway Jr's girl? And other players?

Seems like a real shady dude.

Tom Penny

I remember when I thought David Lee could still contribute to a professional basketball team.
Me too . Whats hilarious is that he had one of the highest usage rates in the NBA on the Celtics cuz everytime he touched the ball he thought he had the green light like MJ and shot it.

spyder_ur

Uhh, yeah.

The idea of a small ball lineup with Bradley, Smart and Crowder absolutely terrorizing the perimeter backed up by Dwight is so intriguing. Isaiah too, obviously.

In terms of assets, it seems Morey really miscalculated with this Dwight thing, if this is really his value.

Positive Marcus Smart sign: Last year he shot 2.5 FTs per 36 minutes. That's up to 3.8 last year. FTA in the last 8 games: 7, 6, 0, 1, 0, 2, 5, 5. It's not astronomical improvement, but I like seeing it. Also like seeing stuff like this.

Is there a better time to trade Evan Turner than now?

I remember when I thought David Lee could still contribute to a professional basketball team.

Me too . Whats hilarious is that he had one of the highest usage rates in the NBA on the Celtics cuz everytime he touched the ball he thought he had the green light like MJ and shot it.

I never bought it. I didn't, and still don't, think he would be on the team past the deadline this year. A couple 5 minute stretches in the finals don't change that. He's got absolutely no lift, and the Celtics started playing a lot better once they gave his minutes elsewhere.

Top Bottom