• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Jarate

Banned
Can Cousins retire already?

Well

Nobody is perfect

Boogie is immature yes, but there's no doubting his commitment to the game, and his passion for the game

If he was in a much better organization, he wouldnt be acting out like he does. A lot of this is just frustration over being stuck with a terribly put together team and literally carrying them to almost getting the 8th seed.

Boogie might be a top 5 player right now TBH, and i'd take him in a heartbeat

Blackhead

Redarse
I think there's 2 reasons why people are hating on the Warriors

1) The 3 point line is probably the stupidest design in the history of modern sports, and the Warriors literally just take advantage of it. They need to find a way to make it bigger or change point differentials that wont affect the histories that much.

2) Small ball is the inherent result of the NBA rules allowing smaller, more athletic players to get fouled if they get breathed on. MJ did his thing when the game was super physical, so a lot of players look at this team as "soft"

3) They're dominant so they're sure to get hate

4) NBA is on a somewhat down year as the Western Conference is finally opening up and equaling the young eastern conference. Especially as some of the best players in the game (Boogie, Paul George, Butler, Lillard) are on some very mediocre teams.

My only issue with the Warriors is that they take advantage of the horrible 3 point line, and that's not really their fault, more of a fault with the NBA's horrid rule system. There really does need to be a change to the rules (somehow put the 3 point line back, allow more physical play on the perimeter, expand the floor and the 3 point line so that there's a big emphasis on big men in the future, allowing them to have more ISO's...)

ko5ikXC.gif

bydFhYK.gif

Ain't nothing wrong with the 3 point line. driving to the basket is overrated. the game shouldn't only be about genetic lottery like Jordan, Lebron etc

El Topo

Everyone mocks shooting teams until one comes along and dominates the NBA, then suddenly the three point line is a mistake and the game is too soft.

Jarate

Banned
Everyone mocks shooting teams until one comes along and dominates the NBA, then suddenly the three point line is a mistake and the game is too soft.

Three point line is a mistake, even pop agrees with me, but I just hate the game, not the player

Curry is a machine, athletically hes great, and hes probably the best shooter in NBA history.

Spurs won their last title on dominant shooting.

I hate the way the media switches narratives for clicks. And casual observers just fall in line.

Three point line is a mistake, even pop agrees with me, but I just hate the game, not the player

Curry is a machine, athletically hes great, and hes probably the best shooter in NBA history.

3pt line has been in the NBA for almost 40 years. And it's concept introduced 30 plus years before that!

Mistake it is not. Yes that shot is very far, but you are paid to practice it.

alejob

Oh man, it took almost 40 years for someone to discover the 3 point line. Dayuum!

Curry would dribble around Kareem and Oscar Robertson and make them look like fools.

Basketball is about putting the biscuit in the basket. Don't hate on Curry cuz he can shoot it from anywhere. He is just good.

Haters gonna hate.

Tom Penny

Oh man, it took almost 40 years for someone to discover the 3 point line. Dayuum!

Curry would dribble around Kareem and Oscar Robertson and make them look like fools.

Basketball is about putting the biscuit in the basket. Don't hate on Curry cuz he can shoot it from anywhere. He is just good.

Haters gonna hate.

Curry is 28,000 points behind Kareem so I don't think he's going to school him about putting the biscuit in the basket...

People are so bitter about the Warriors and Curry. The entirety of their dominance has been like 2 years and people are already bitching about the 3 ball and Curry. The game is about putting the pieces together, defending and scoring. GS shoots ~48% from the field an ~41% from 3. It's not like they are deficient in scoring the basketball in ways besides the 3 point line. The dinosaurs are literally just yelling at clouds.

Yeah, I don't think they need to change anything because of a great player or team. Curry is just a glitch in the matrix.

Well it's not like Curry's 3pt shooting is the sole reason the Warriors are so dominant.

Klay is arguably the best slashing shooting guard in the NBA atm. He's better at driving to the rim than Harden and he can actually finish with drawing a foul. He doesn't just run into dudes either like Harden, he's incredible at finding holes in the paint. Hell whenever Curry has an off night or gets into foul trouble he'll drop 45-50 points with incredible efficiency like it's nothing. If he was on another team he would easily be a number 1 option on offense and I think he could potentially even rival Curry for MVP if it weren't for that they are on the same team.

Than you got Draymond who's a fucking triple double machine, the current NBA leader in triple doubles. Who's so freaking strong he can push back larger bigs in the post. Even if he doesn't score in the post he's got amazing court vision to find an open man.

edit: You guys are really discounting what Klay and Draymond do. They're fucking studs. At this point the Warriors are a three superstar team.

ISOM

Everyone, even 76ers, play Warriors as if they were playing in the game 7 of the finals! Makes the Warrior wins so much sweater.

The last time OKC didn't play the Warriors seriously they got 76 dropped on them in the first quarter. I think it goes both ways.

RoKKeR

Everyone, even 76ers, play Warriors as if they were playing in the game 7 of the finals! Makes the Warrior wins so much sweeter.

Yeah, it's nuts. For this reason I think the record might be out of reach, we'll see.

This is going to be a great playoff series if it happens.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I remember people bitching because there was too much iso and teams couldn't shoot. The Warriors play great team basketball, they shoot unbelievably well and actually play great team defense. Can't make everyone happy.

Only reason I'm hating is because I don't want my bulls record to fall.

Top Bottom