• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Come on. He's had a PER of 13 in 100 games over the last 4 years while taking up over a quarter of the Bulls' payroll. He's been very fairly maligned.

His career Drtg is higher than his Ortg, he chucked 3s at an insane rate all last year despite shooting such an awful percentage, and his inability to go over a pick only exposes Pau's terrible PnR defense at a higher level.

I want the guy to succeed and hope he continues to improve, but his stats this year don't match Kemba Walker, much less the elite point guards in the league. I'm terrified this team is going to give him another max deal that will mire us in mediocrity for perpetuity.

I'm not talking about stupid stats, I'm talking about questioning of toughness, motivation, dedication, etc...

D-Rose busted his ass after his serious injuries to get back playing at a high level and all people do is bring up quotes of his that have nothing to do with him on the floor.

Crticizing his game is fine even though people act like he can't play anymore and that makes me laugh hjysterically.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's even crazier what we got him for. Vonleh and Crabbe are coming up too. Plumlee and Davis are perfect too. Keep this team together although Leonard might be the odd man out.
Yeah I like Meyers, but don't feel like dumping money into someone that inconsistent. Olshey is killing it.

Kevtones

Yeah I like Meyers, but don't feel like dumping money into someone that inconsistent. Olshey is killing it.

Yeah it's a curious situation... He can probably flourish somewhere but a lot of it seems mental with him. Not sure it's a Will Barton type of flourish (of whom I LOVED in Portland and I'll forever miss); but he's got a place in the league.

Tom Penny

FTW

giphy.gif

spyder_ur

Isaiah MIP?

I actually think the other guy in that play - Crowder - is a better candidate. Isaiah was playing about this well during the second half of last year. Crowder is a legit contender though - he's taken his game to another level.

I'd have to imagine that McCollum and maybe Will Barton are the favorites though. McCollum especially.

Source: Miami Heat have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Joe Johnson. JJ feels he'd have a larger role & more meaningful minutes with Heat
https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/703277323781586944
Can confirm reports that Miami is in the lead for Joe Johnson. Was just given a very high percentage that he's coming

https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/703278696388497408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Chris Broussard and Ethan Skolnick are saying the Heat are leading in the JJ sweepstakes. We can finally banish Green to the bench, where he belongs.

"#Celtics forward Jared Sullinger: Been told I don't like change ... Celtics were first franchise I ever played for. Hope will be my last."

Sully wants to retire that soon?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
More like, why is Miami even signing people? Everybody knows Joe Johnson doesn't give a fuck about winning.

I wonder if we sign him before March. Riley did a lot of work to get us out of the repeater tax.

I believe we can sign him to back-to-back 10-day contracts without creeping into the tax. If not, we'd have to buy someone, like Beno, out of their contract by tomorrow night.

Also,

‏@IraHeatBeat
Heat would stay under tax even with immediate Johnson signing if another team has let it be known they would claim a waived Heat player.

Why? Bosh is probably done for the year so maybe they'll make it to the second round.

More like, why is Miami even signing people? Everybody knows Joe Johnson doesn't give a fuck about winning.

I guess Johnson isn't ring-chasing.

Joe wants to play. Miami is down to a 10 man rotation and an injury or two away from basically completely falling apart.

So everyone gets something: Joe wants to play instead of riding a bench to a possible ring and Miami gets some relief.

Not all players want to play for a ring. some would rather just get minutes.

I guess Johnson isn't ring-chasing.

Good luck to him in MIA. I think it's a better chance for him to stay visibile and relevant for the upcoming contract he'll be looking for. Being able to average 10-12 for MIA is realistic. He would probably only have been able to average half that for CLE and that would have a real impact on his market value in the offseason. Fairly predictable move from that perspective.

In any case, I didn't like him as a Cavalier so I'm quite pleased we're dodging that bullet. I still want to see Kevin Martin as the last pickup. In fact, he'd be my dream pickup for them.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ves-kevin-martin-advanced-buyout-negotiations

Contract buyout hopefully imminent. Consummate professional, good defender, career ~40% 3pt shooter, well rested due to light-use this year. Everything CLE needs. Yes, pls.

fertygo

Good luck to him in MIA. I think it's a better chance for him to stay visibile and relevant for the upcoming contract he'll be looking for. Being able to average 10-12 for MIA is realistic. He would probably only have been able to average half that for CLE and that would have a real impact on his market value in the offseason. Fairly predictable move from that perspective.

In any case, I didn't like him as a Cavalier so I'm quite pleased we're dodging that bullet. I still want to see Kevin Martin as the last pickup. In fact, he'd be my dream pickup for them.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ves-kevin-martin-advanced-buyout-negotiations

Contract buyout hopefully imminent. Consummate professional, good defender, career ~40% 3pt shooter, well rested due to light-use this year. Everything CLE needs. Yes, pls.
Kevin Martin? Good defender?

What..

Top Bottom