• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Eos

Congrats to the Celtics but above all, fuck those refs
Tried to bring gs back with bs calls/officiating and they still lost

ampere

So long? You speak like that wasn't yesterday when the Bulls went 72-10. I mean, it couldn't have been more than last week.

Also, hot take, but the Warriors want no part of the Celtics in the finals. They're lucky to have split.

I'll take that hot take, but realistically I think we can win a round of the playoffs, depends on the matchups.

Only to tease one poster, right?

Nobody would tease on the internet!

TSM

The only downside is that I didn't get to hear Tommy Heinsohn go off about the refs at the end of that game.

AcridMeat

Banned
what's your problem?
My problem are these fans acting shocked that the Warriors lost after playing like ass for 42 minutes.

As if the kid has never seen them lose at home since he started watching the team.

I'm glad the Celtics won, because they deserved to with the way they played. Warriors can't be getting wins where they turn the ball over 20+ times and get away with no call fouls. I hope it fires them up to actually play well for a full game next time.

CfA9WkUWQAAZhj5.jpg:large

Fjordson

My problem are these fans acting shocked that the Warriors lost after playing like ass for 42 minutes.

As if the kid has never seen them lose at home since he started watching the team.

I'm glad the Celtics won, because they deserved to with the way they played. Warriors can't be getting wins where they turn the ball over 20+ times and get away with no call fouls. I hope it fires them up to actually play well for a full game next time.
Totally agree. They've been able to overcome the slippage lately, but it bit them in the ass tonight. Can't play bad and expect to win.

I'm just hoping they'll tighten things up once the playoffs start (and they really need Andre back).

It's a coin flip at this point.

They just have to win 5 out of 6 with two away games. Both away games against teams either depleted by injury (Memphis) or sitting all their best players (Spurs). Given what I've seen from this team, I'd say that's better than 50/50 unless they completely fall apart.

Brad Stevens is god

Surprised they won to be honest
Ainge has the money X pics to create a Celtics vs Warriors finals for the next few years ;)

Lebron shook
The Warriors owner shook - dumbass talking shit will curse them

Warriors lucky the Spurs are resting everyone down the stretch

nillah

Banned
lol that pic

Crazy to think the Celtics pulled out a win with GS shooting like they were.

I saw one shot fired from the logo :O

Cheebo

Banned
I love watching Steph, Draymond, and this team a ton but my god those fans in the Oracle were embarrassing. Those crowd shots near the end were cringe inducing. Acting like you never seen a Warriors loss or know how to handle a loss makes them look like a bunch of bandwagoners who only started paying attention when they won the title last year. Not a good look Oracle.

Crying over a regular season loss? In a game where the team was playing horrible most of the game and it was obvious the Warriors did not deserve to win the game?

Real talk: Boston better be making the Cavs sweat. Even though LeBron and co. has had their way with them as of late, I think their fortunes will be changing soon. This team could wind up as the #3 seed when the season ends, and they're already riding with a bit of confidence.

Cheebo

Banned
The East is going to be so much more fun than the west in the playoffs (outside of the conference finals, assuming Warriors/Spurs)

Cavs vs. Pacers: Cavs should easily win this.

Raptors vs. Pistons: Raptors probably will win, but they have a uncanny ability to choke in the playoffs and Stan Van Gundy is damn good in the playoffs. Storng upset potential here.

Heat vs. Celtics: I think this will be close, I think Celtics win but it really could go either way.

Hornets vs. Hawks: I think this one will be pretty close and could go either way. I lean Hakws though.

We have two matchups of Heat/Celtics and Hornets/Hawks that could easily go one way or the other and a match-up with a decent chance of an upset with Raptors and Pistons. Really the only match-up that seems like a forgone conclusion is Cavaliers and the Pacers.

Part of me wishes the Pistons fell to the 8th spot since they have pretty consistently outplayed Cleveland this season and could potentially upset them in the first round but Indiana has hit a slump and Pistons have been playing well so alas that looks like it wont happen.

El Topo

I wouldn't really expect Cavs to easily win any matchup in the East. There have been a few too many inexplicably bad performances.

Cheebo

Banned
I wouldn't really expect Cavs to easily win any matchup in the East. There have been a few too many inexplicably bad performances.

Indiana has played bad lately, Cavs are lucky Pistons have jumped head of the Pacers in the standings.

I honestly would pick the Pistons over the Cavs in round 1, Pistons really outplayed in the regular season match-ups.

I think Toronto if they make it to the ECF would beat Cavs in 7 as well.

Cheebo

Banned
This is why the east playoffs are going to be so crazy. And unlike recent years none of the teams suck. All are above .500 teams. There is really no combination of any of the 8 teams where if they were the two in the ECF I would be shocked. Unlike the west where Warriors and Spurs will likely easily sail through round 1 and 2.

Hornets Pistons? I buy it. Celtics Pacers? Sure thing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Heat have a baby schedule for the rest of the season, with the only truly difficult games being Spurs, Cavs, and maybe Boston?

Miami could somehow end up as the second seed in the east, even with its weird mishmash of talent and ever evolving playstyle this season.

I'm starting to think that the adjustments forced upon the team by Bosh's unfortunate health situation has actually helped the team move in a speedier, more aggressive offensive direction. That, and no longer needed to give Gerald Green real minutes too.

They're playing them on the 12th and Toronto's schedule for the remainder of the season is more difficult than the Heat's by a bit.

Also, the Heat have actually played really well without bosh. Their spacing has improved and they've been more aggressive and quicker on the offensive side of the court now that bosh and whiteside aren't taking up as much court space as before. The team seems to be playing better with just one big on the floor at a time.

Guess not.

Either way whoever Miami plays they are going to give them hell, solid as hell team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In the East only guarantee I can really see is whoever plays the Cavs first round will lose.

Otherwise every other first round matchup I can see having the potential to go 7 games.

Indiana has played bad lately, Cavs are lucky Pistons have jumped head of the Pacers in the standings.

I honestly would pick the Pistons over the Cavs in round 1, Pistons
really outplayed in the regular season match-ups.

I think Toronto if they make it to the ECF would beat Cavs in 7 as well.

Gimmick Poster out here.

You should watch more basketball, not every team is GS or The Spurs, the dominance shown by those 2 have a lot to do with half the teams in the West being hot garbage, teams usually have inexplicable bad performances during the season, but the larger sample of games and winning percentage of the Cavs are better cause they are the better team by a significant margin. It's like you claiming the superiority of anecdotal evidence above actual data and results. They have the better players and the better record cause they have a greater consistency at playing better basketball.

Silkworm

Let me just say, way to go Celtics! I had no hope of a win especially with the way this west coast swing was going but Coach Stevens and company came into Oracle and got the win. Way to go C's :) Would be nice to see them follow this up with beating the Lakers tomorrow but anything can happen (Lakers beat the Warriors earlier after all).

Jarate

Banned
The warriors are amazing, but they get away with the most moving screens on the face of the earth. NBA really needs to get refs to focus on moving screens next year

Fjordson

I love watching Steph, Draymond, and this team a ton but my god those fans in the Oracle were embarrassing. Those crowd shots near the end were cringe inducing. Acting like you never seen a Warriors loss or know how to handle a loss makes them look like a bunch of bandwagoners who only started paying attention when they won the title last year. Not a good look Oracle.

Crying over a regular season loss? In a game where the team was playing horrible most of the game and it was obvious the Warriors did not deserve to win the game?
It really was ridiculous. Not going undefeated at home was a bummer, but come on. Like now they might only win 72 games. What a disaster!

If it's game 7 against the Spurs or something, then okay. But not during the regular season.

Jarate

Banned
Wait, are you guys implying that there's bandwagon fans in the NBA

The NBA is THE Bandwagon fan headquarters. Like half of all fans just root for "players" which basically means that they only root for good teams.

Cheebo

Banned
Gimmick Poster out here.
Pistons outplayed Cavs when they played each other this season so far. You can't deny that. KCP is a LeBron stopper, it isn't unreasonable. Not that it will matter, it look like Pistons aren't moving out of the 7th seed slot. It doesn't hurt that Cavs have played so hot and cold lately, I can't see them making it out of the East this year, the east is so much better than last year. It's going to be Toronto I think.

Not that it matters. Is there even a single Cavs fan who thinks they could beat GSW in the finals this year?

Gigglepoo

Not really sure how people getting upset at the Warriors first home loss are bandwagoners. I was bummed and I'm not even a fan. Missing out on history sucks, even if it's just a regular season game.

AcridMeat

Banned
^^ But they still have a chance at it??

It's not the existence of bandwagons as that's every sport, every massive positive buzz that's fun to root for etc.

It's the shameful reaction to something that isn't, and shouldn't be, a big deal to anyone who follows a sport regularly.

It's frustrating because Oracle was always an amazing place to watch a game when the team was garbage. Always really full of energy, and this type of reaction just shows how far from those days the people going to the games are now.

I'm worried for the Warriors because they're now without Bogut, Ezeli, and have put in two shit performances back to back. Not a good way to finish a season for the playoffs, but they have some time to tighten things up and get back on track.

Jarate

Banned
I don't think the East has gotten "better" perse, there's more mediocre teams, but the west still has way more heavy hitters

Also, the regular season is pretty much the most useless thing on earth in the NBA as teams like the Spurs have realized. I generally judge teams based off their theoretical best performance they could give because NBA players play at like 75-80℅ in the regular season

Hell Lebron is at his best currently when he's a post player, and he hardly ever plays in the post consistently in the NBA because that shit wears down your body

Top Bottom