• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Jarate

Banned
Well you're a feisty one. Nobody wanted to come to Portland. We tried to get various free agents and largely settled for scraps. So yeah, it is impressive.

Nobody wants to come to philly either. I already told you, it's not impressive in the NBA because teams will literally give you things for eating contracts so they can sign FA's. This literally means that your owner was too cheap to make their team better.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Nobody wants to come to philly either. I already told you, it's not impressive in the NBA because teams will literally give you things for eating contracts so they can sign FA's. This literally means that your owner was too cheap to make their team better.
Paul Allen absolutely wanted to sign players. The whole reason we had money lying around is because Aldridge left. One of the main reasons he left is because Monroe chose Milwaukie over us. We wanted both of them on the team. You have 'literally' no idea what you're taking about. He has always spent money here. The main point I was making, and I'll make it agin for you, is that we are excelling while rebuilding. I know that's hard for you, considering you're in Philadelphia, but we will very likely end up as a 5-seed. It's fucking impressive as hell. I had to listen to Bill Simmons rant about how we would very possibly end up last in the west. It's impressive, period.

Jarate

Banned
Paul Allen absolutely wanted to sign players. The whole reason we had money lying around is because Aldridge left. One of the main reasons he left is because Monroe chose Milwaukie over us. We wanted both of them on the team. You have 'literally' no idea what you're taking about. He has always spent money here. The main point I was making, and I'll make it agin for you, is that we are excelling while rebuilding. I know that's hard for you, considering you're in Philadelphia, but we will very likely end up as a 5-seed. It's fucking impressive as hell. I had to listen to Bill Simmons rant about how we would very possibly end up last in the west. It's impressive, period.

Thanks for ignoring literally the entire point I was making, but that's ok that your team doesn't have any backup plans when free agents inevitably dont show up and the fact that you'll most likely speed up your rebuilding process too fast and be like the Suns, or waste Lillard's prime

It's impressive that your team is doing well when they weren't supposed too, it's not impressive at all that you have the lowest salary cap useage in the league, in fact this is literally a bad thing because it means you aren't maximizing the amount of cap space you do have by acquiring bad contracts for draft picks, or hell even trade swap rights and young talent.

but of course WE DIDNT SPEND MONEY AND WE ARE THE 6TH SEED IN A MEDIOCRE WESTERN CONFERENCE THIS IS AMAZING GUYS

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Thanks for ignoring literally the entire point I was making, but that's ok that your team doesn't have any backup plans when free agents inevitably dont show up and the fact that you'll most likely speed up your rebuilding process too fast and be like the Suns, or waste Lillard's prime

It's impressive that your team is doing well when they weren't supposed too, it's not impressive at all that you have the lowest salary cap useage in the league, in fact this is literally a bad thing because it means you aren't maximizing the amount of cap space you do have by acquiring bad contracts for draft picks, or hell even trade swap rights and young talent.

but of course WE DIDNT SPEND MONEY AND WE ARE THE 6TH SEED IN A MEDIOCRE WESTERN CONFERENCE THIS IS AMAZING GUYS
Since you're acting so civil, I'll leave you to it and go back to my original post: damn I love the effort my team is showing with the cobbled together roster we have. Awesome job.

Jindrax

Yo guys, any really exciting games this week that went down to the last shot?
I'm looking to watch one (no spoilers please)

Pistons beat the Bulls in Chicago.

KhZa5f7.gif

So sad that Jimmy B is putting up numbers while he is hurt. And they want to trade him?

phanphare

Banned
didn't get the W but goddamn I loved the fight from the hornets is the second half. they were without big al for the whole game (a match up nightmare for the cavs' bigs), without batum in the second half (one of the primary lebron defenders), dug themselves into a hole in the 1st half (were down +20 at one point), and still managed to grind back in the second half. cut it within 4 late in the 4th but then let it get away.

loved what I saw from kemba, dude played the whole second half and put up 15 in the 3rd quarter. loved what I saw from marvin williams. he continues to play exceptional on both sides of the floor. loved what I saw from big frank defensively. got matched up against lebron a few times and forced him into contested fade-aways.

if they can get healthy for the playoffs they could make some noise. would love to see them make it to the ecf.

Blackhead

Redarse
Pistons beat the Bulls in Chicago.

KhZa5f7.gif

That's such a great edit to that gif. Firing Thibodeau was a great idea!

Thibs will be such a hot commodity this summer. Any rumors yet where he is headed? Would Bulls be smart enough to try and get him back. I'd want him for Toronto if Raptors hadn't been beasting this year
fingers crossed Raptors win a playoff game series this time

Thibs will be such a hot commodity this summer. Any rumors yet where he is headed? Would Bulls be smart enough to try and get him back. I'd want him for Toronto if Raptors hadn't been beasting this year
fingers crossed Raptors win a playoff game series this time

I guess these Orlando Magics rumors make more sense now that you mention it. I could see him as the new coach especially if they acquire Jimmy B in a trade.

Sotha_Sil

Vs Chicago, W 111-89
Vs Brooklyn, W 139-105
Vs Indiana, W 114-94
Vs Milwaukee, L 113-110
Vs Memphis, W 119-107

I don't think we haven't had a five game stretch this good since Stan Van and Dwight, even with the final-minute collapse against Milwaukee. Vucevic is beasting from the bench, I think it's time we kept him there.

AcridMeat

Banned
Great offense, fun night. Always like the match up with the Blazers since my brother in law is a huge Blazers fan.

Lillard and CJ are really nice.

Thon Maker said:
He added, “But coach Crean can coach the hell out of coaching, so he really coaches well.”

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2016/01/19/thon-maker-recruiting-indiana-notre-dame-unlv-kansas

He sounds brilliant. Also this:

“Playing with good guys that will, like, be in the game, and not half-in, half-out, doing something else in college—but fully locked in and playing with guys ...

Definitely doesn't sound like a kid who wants to go to college. He doesn't want to play with guys who care about school.

Cheebo

Banned
wow if the NBA actually lets this through. I mean he could fall to the end of the first round. His draft stock isn't exactly high right now. Dude could ostensibly fall to the Warriors.
Lol come on you know that isn't ever going to happen. This draft class is terrible outside the very top. He'd go well before that.

spyder_ur

He should really just spend a year in the D-League since that's an available option

Is it? A player is able to join the D-League at any age without having declared for the draft? I actually didn't know that if true.

This will be a really interesting case for the NBA. It seems he has a pretty strong case if this past year was indeed a post-grad year. I don't see why he shouldn't be eligible. I always like when athletes challenge leagues' age limits like this.

Seems like an intriguing, divisive prospect. Some have him as a potential top 10 late lottery type while others say later 1st round or even 2nd.

He should really just spend a year in the D-League since that's an available option

You sure? I was always under the impression you can only enter the league through the draft coming out of college. If that was the case couldn't a high-profile draftee just play for a D-League team and go to a big-market team/championship caliber team?

Top Bottom