• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

overcast

Go Houston Rockets.
CLuFEnvXAAA0NKZ.jpg

tm24

Do any of you guys have the NBA League Pass or are they broadcasting the games on TV at your location?

And this was an interesting video. I'll keep an eye on those three talents.
How about Kobe Bryant, how is he doing? I hear he is too old for the game now?
I use league pass since my gf gets it for cheap since her mom works for the local cable company. It's pretty good. Since you're international, your league pass is cheaper than we get it in the states and probably free of blackouts

Pachimari

It's crazy to me. The few I know who follow basket are changing teams which is absurd to me. One changed from LA Lakers to Golden State because Kobe Bryant is too old, my cousin changed from Miami to Golden State and another changed from LA Lakers to Cleveland Cavaliers.

I don't know if it is pretty normal to cheer on different teams in basket but I'm used to only supporting one club and that's it. Through good and bad.

It's crazy to me. The few I know who follow basket are changing teams which is absurd to me. One changed from LA Lakers to Golden State because Kobe Bryant is too old, my cousin changed from Miami to Golden State and another changed from LA Lakers to Cleveland Cavaliers.

I don't know if it is pretty normal to cheer on different teams in basket but I'm used to only supporting one club and that's it. Through good and bad.

Anyone who doesn't consistently cheer for the Celtics is a bum.

Teemo

Banned
So excited for the season to start. I've been a long time lurker and know that the majority of nba gaf left. I remember there was a rockets fan who always called McHale "mcfail" every time he ran a bad play, which usually always consisted of a harden iso. Always got a chuckle from that user. "Are you fucking serious?! Mcfail!" lol

So Gully State, would it be OK if the first post in the OP had a post or something that stated the regular poster's team allegiance? It would be cool to see that in the OT, and maybe more people can ask to be added to the OT. I'll start:

Andrew Korenchkin: Los Angeles Lakers

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Casual fans are likely to bandwagon on to winning teams or follow particular players, yes.

See: Lebron fans who moved from rooting for CLE to MIA and back to CLE.

Didn't know if it was posted but Craig Sager will be back tonight after his battle with leukemia. Hopefully we'll get to see him for many more games to come.

So Gully State, would it be OK if the first post in the OP had a post or something that stated the regular poster's team allegiance? It would be cool to see that in the OT, and maybe more people can ask to be added to the OT. I'll start:

Andrew Korenchkin: Los Angeles Lakers

I thought about this but judging from the responses in the other thread, a lot of posters were fans of multiple teams or just players in general. That and having to constantly go back and edit the thread everytime someone wants to state their allegiance is annoying. I suppose linking to a google doc spreadsheet is a compromise but TBH, you just start recognizing who's a fan of what team as time goes which is what happened with previous NBA gaf and NFL gaf

I thought about this but judging from the responses in the other thread, a lot of posters were fans of multiple teams or just players in general. That and having to constantly go back and edit the thread everytime someone wants to state their allegiance is annoying. I suppose linking to a google doc spreadsheet is a compromise but TBH, you just start recognizing who's a fan of what team as time goes which is what happened with previous NBA gaf and NFL gaf

Yeah, that's a good point, whatever works. I find it pretty easy to gouge where each poster is coming from, myself.

Man, season needs to start! Just one more fucking hour!

tm24

I don't have a nba team despite basketball being my favorite sport. I just know I will always hate Karl Malone

Disagree GullyState that the Bulls upgraded their coach. Apart from issues with Thibs giving his star players too much average play time during the regular season, Thibs was at least top 10 if not top 5 coaches in the league.

BadAss2961

Disagree GullyState that the Bulls upgraded their coach. Apart from issues with Thibs giving his star players too much average play time during the regular season, Thibs was at least top 10 if not top 5 coaches in the league.
I definitely wouldn't call it an upgrade, but a needed change. A lot of Thibs attitude and grind will carry over with the vets on the team, and Hoiberg's offense will be way more fun.

ViciousDS

Banned
OMG at the Russell Westbrook kickstart commercial.....that was good

Rose will soon have shumperts hair if he keeps letting it grow lol

Cheebo

Banned

Well you and your family aren't in USA right? Most people root for the teams they are located near. I live in Michigan and nearly everyone here roots for the Pistons for example.

I've always liked his game, he needed time to adjust and gain confidence. He's the only one I own a jersey for lol. Hell even snell has turned into a great player. But I'm pretty sure our chemistry still isn't there yet, it will be a close game

Especially if the Cavs offense starts to slow down.

ViciousDS

Banned
Especially if the Cavs offense starts to slow down.

Lebron was already grabbing his back and had a light wobble. That dudes going to feel a lot after the game, can't imagine how many meds these guys take to get rid of pain for a game lol.....especially when payed millions. But it's just the first game they really don't mean too much, it's just hey basketball....is fucking back! Lebron will probably play as many minutes as rose 20 most likely

When did I say they upgraded at coach? Hoiberg changed the offense. I was only pointing that out.

I have no opinion on the coaching change either way.

Lebron was already grabbing his back and had a light wobble. That dudes going to feel a lot after the game, can't imagine how many meds these guys take to get rid of pain for a game lol.....especially when payed millions. But it's just the first game they really don't mean too much, it's just hey basketball....is fucking back! Lebron will probably play as many minutes as rose 20 most likely

I know it doesn't really. But it's important to look okay. I would prefer that we didn't look less of a trainwreck when LeBron needs a breather. It's maddening.

ViciousDS

Banned
Quick question.....where does love fit into this group? I swear the only time I see him do anything is when lebron is out lol.

Also is Kyrie playing tonight? Seems rather quiet. Kyrie is an amazing PG to be this quiet so far

Quick question.....where does love fit into this group? I swear the only time I see him do anything is when lebron is out lol.

Also is Kyrie playing tonight? Seems rather quiet. Kyrie is an amazing PG to be this quiet so far

Kyrie is still out with his knee injury.

But as to Love... It still seems like he's a potted plant at times..

Top Bottom