• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

No way KD goes back to OKC. Their window is closed.

Westbrook contract expires next year too

As long as they stay healthy their windows is most certainly not closed. That along with the cap increases over the next few off-seasons means OKC is still the most likely destination for Durant.

crpav

Oh man that was beautiful. That reminds me. EA owns the NBA Jam franchise now. Why in the world do they not revive it? The NBA Live franchise is dead and sells horribly, NBA 2K clearly won the war. NBA Jam could have a lot of success.

Kobe fan here :( but yes he is done and needs to hang it up.

They did revive NBA Jam a few years back and it was awesome but they need to release more of them instead of Live. NBA Live is trash.

Fjordson

I don't think they have the cap room, unless there's a sign-and-trade type deal done.
I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to financial stuff, but I've seen local writers the last few months make rumblings about GS being aggressive for free agents the next two years and that Durant is a possibility, albeit a distant one.

KD would catch way too much shit (Lebron X 100) if he buddied up with Curry in GState. I think he's too thin skinned for that. I agree with Lowe in that I think KD will end up re-upping on a one year opt out deal and do the FA thing in 2017.

Had no idea Byron Scott said that their priority is to win. Developing players is secondary. SMH.

Moral of the story: Byron Scott can do neither. He really needs to go.

The correct answer would have been "To do both"

Honestly, he is so incompetent.he gets out coached every single game, I mean in 82 games, he will get outclassed in 82 of them.

KD would catch way too much shit (Lebron X 100) if he buddied up with Curry in GState. I think he's too thin skinned for that. I agree with Lowe in that I think KD will end up re-upping on a one year opt out deal and do the FA thing in 2017.

KD and Russ going to take their talents to south beach after wade retires

Fjordson

Are the Wiz as constructed plus KD better than OKC right now?
Debatable. Not really imo. Though John Wall could be a better fit as a point guard for Durant I think. Super underrated at running an offense and feeding his teammates in the right spot.

After that, it's basically who you think the better third piece is, Ibaka or Bradley Beal.

So far the Clippers have been looking like the best bet for the #2 team in the west above OKC and the Spurs (lol Rockets).

Think it's too early to count out OKC or Spurs. There is some real chemistry issues at play with both teams, and it tends to be that the teams that start out hot during the first half of the season tend to lose steam at some point during the second half of the season. Clippers have tons of talent and should definitely be up there in the West, but it's still early.

Fjordson

Spurs will get it together I think, though old man Parker worries me.

OKC will be a tough matchup for anyone at the end of the season, but I still don't trust them fully. The offense is still a jumbled iso-ball mess at time. I was listening to Nate Duncan's podcast a few days ago and they went through the number of passes in OKC's crunch time possessions when they lost to the Rockets. Almost every single one in the last few minutes had either 1 or 0 passes. And sometimes that single pass didn't occur until 5-10 seconds left on the shot clock. Like "okay here, you try to do something".

Cheebo

Banned
Are the Wiz as constructed plus KD better than OKC right now?
Not as good as OKC but they don't need to be as good as OKC since it is the east. I would say the Wiz + KD would be considered the odds on favorite to be the #1 team in the East over the Cavs.

The correct answer would have been "To do both"

Honestly, he is so incompetent.he gets out coached every single game, I mean in 82 games, he will get outclassed in 82 of them.

Maybe their secret plan is to get Ben Simmons, then fire Scott. Hopefully Jim Buss will step down too. Hate to say it, but I think it's Mitch's time to go as well.

No reason they should have gone through Brown, D'Antoni and Scott.

I thought those kinds of sign and trades don't work anymore. Or maybe it's just that he can't get the full max out of a sign and trade.

I'm not sure tbh... there have been a lot of articles since last year from Bay Area beat writers exploring the possibility. Now, they always make the caveat that it's a long shot.

They'd have to give up more than just Barnes I'd imagine.

Most likely...I could see them including iggy or bogut and a draft pick...

TBH, seeing these guys play thus far, I'd rather they just keep the pieces together. Adding a Durant would definitely make the team offensively scarier on paper but the big thing that makes the Warriors really difficult to play against is their defense and Barnes being able to guard the 3/4 position in small ball mode is a huge part of what makes that lineup killer. It's really a shame that Barnes most likely will be gone after this season.

Fjordson

Isn't Jeanie going to fire Jim after this year? Or he's going to resign or something? I thought I remember her giving him some ultimatum.

Spurs will get it together I think, though old man Parker worries me.

OKC will be a tough matchup for anyone at the end of the season, but I still don't trust them fully. The offense is still a jumbled iso-ball mess at time. I was listening to Nate Duncan's podcast a few days ago and they went through the number of passes in OKC's crunch time possessions when they lost to the Rockets. Almost every single one in the last few minutes had either 1 or 0 passes. And sometimes that single pass didn't occur until 5-10 seconds left on the shot clock. Like "okay here, you try to do something".

Spurs don't start their final transformation until after the All-Star break. (Usually because someone big is injured...) Considering Pop is tinkering with lineups, managing minutes, trying to carve out a niche for the new guys, I think it will still take some time.

OKC does seem to be falling too much into the hero-ball trap that plagues them down in crunch time. We'll see if Donovan can change that come playoff time.

Isn't Jeanie going to fire Jim after this year? Or he's going to resign or something? I thought I remember her giving him some ultimatum.

I'm not sure if they're going to go through with it. There was some disagreement when their "ultimatum" started. Jeanie thinks it's the end of this season, while Jim believes it's after the end of next season.

edit: I was wrong. Jeanie believes it's the end of 2016-2017. Jim thinks it's one year longer. http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/10/23...ree-on-his-deadline-to-step-down-from-lakers/

Maybe their secret plan is to get Ben Simmons, then fire Scott. Hopefully Jim Buss will step down too. Hate to say it, but I think it's Mitch's time to go as well.

No reason they should have gone through Brown, D'Antoni and Scott.

Prior to Dr. Buss's leaving us, What did they have 4 coaches in 20 years?

I just don't think he's been doing well the last couple years. Then again, it started with the Jim Buss years, so I might be jumping the gun. Kinda wondering how much influence Mitch has over Jim.

I'd say Mitch has done a pretty damn good job over the past couple of years given what he has had to work with. It's just so happened that certain moves didn't work out the way he, or many others, envisioned. I think a large part of it has to do with the fact that being on the Lakers just doesn't mean as much to players as it used to. Same goes for a lot of big market teams.

Mitch is a pretty good talent evaluator. He's done well in drafts (particularly with later picks) and FA pick ups considering the Lakers haven't exactly had the highest of draft picks or tons of cap room during his tenure. The shit show we are seeing now is a result of the Dwight/Nash moves not working out, but it's hard to blame him for making those moves. I think every other GM in the league makes those trades. I think Mitch is a good guy to keep around, but they maybe need to start surrounding him with younger guys with fresher ideas, and sort of start the process of transition. Mitch ain't exactly a young guy.

It was pretty sweet seeing D-Rose playing like that in the end of the game. But those late moments were mostly mid range jumpshots facilitated by some bizarre switching in OKC's defense. I think he actually had a very good game , pushing forward a couple of times but his highlight was something i don't think he (nor most pg's) are able to recreate that often.

Also , why the fuck does he not do more pnr's with Pau ? That is so sweet. Pau fucking loves it , but they never run it properly.

Damn.

Dwight out
Bev out
Jones out (might be a blessing in disguise?)

We need Harden to show up tonight, or we're in trouble. I don't even want to THINK about tomorrow's game right now.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Still think heat are going to go after melo
I wouldn't want to do it if it meant giving up Winslow. Picturing Winslow in a Knicks jersey for 15 years makes me want to projectile vomit. I don't think we beat the Warriors with Melo anyway. Our perimeter D would be atrocious without Deng and Winslow.

I also don't think Melo cares enough about that either. He's not the Knicks savior in the same way LeBron was and he's not as good as LeBron was. He could go to the Heat and be fine.

I also think that most would have a hard time seeing the Knicks come off as the victim if Melo pushes for a trade.

Is Dwight only planning on playing 50% of the season this year?

They're going to do only 1 out of back-to-backs until he feels more comfortable with the workload, then he'll play every game unless something happens. McHale said he was almost going to play today and tomorrow, but they changed their minds last minute.

I think it's okay since Cousins is out too. I would rather have Dwight at 100 percent for DeAndre.

fertygo

sWpuPjG.png

frigging terrible coach

Byron Scott has a track record of alienating pg's... from Baron Davis to Jason Kidd. I guess in that sense, D'Angelo Russell is in good company.

Top Bottom