• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Cheebo

Banned
I haven't seen Curry play yet but all this talk about him, makes me wanna watch a Golden State match.

He is far and away the greatest player in the world right now when it comes to basketball. People will be talking about prime level Curry for decades from now. Don't let this era pass you by.

Didn't Toronto start 7-1 last year? We all know how that ended...

Yup, but all wins that had large scoring affairs and entirely dependent on Lowry and Lou Williams.

Lowry was run down by Feb. Sputtering into playoffs.

This year, Cory Joseph is playing big minutes, additions of Carroll and biyombo making defense a priority. We've all noticed Lowry and Derozan and Jonas getting plenty of scheduled rest and managed minutes, even when down.

Raps forced OKC into a ton of turnovers yesterday. For the raptors, that's UNHEARD of to play such hard nose defense.

Long story short, they are winning, and winning in a far different manner than last year.

Typically watch at least one Western Conference game portion a day, and for the first time in years, I can say with confidence the raptors actually look like a Western Conference type of team.

So far, they seem for real.

zroid

Banned
And yet if I go back to last year's thread around this time I'd find people saying the same stuff about the Raptors being legit. Yeah, I think we've learned our lesson about overvaluing small and especially early season sample sizes with respect to this team.

AcridMeat

Banned
Checked on Curry's stats thus far again. I'm even more impressed he's averaging more steals (2.2) than turnovers (1.6). Really pleased with how he's taking care of the ball so far. Of course all he needs to do is shoot at the moment so there's no risk of turning it over.
Now I want to see Byron Scott coach the Warriors. Do you think he'd let Curry shoot 3's?
He lets Kobe airball them so I don't see why not.

Yup, but all wins that had large scoring affairs and entirely dependent on Lowry and Lou Williams.

Lowry was run down by Feb. Sputtering into playoffs.

This year, Cory Joseph is playing big minutes, additions of Carroll and biyombo making defense a priority. We've all noticed Lowry and Derozan and Jonas getting plenty of scheduled rest and managed minutes, even when down.

Raps forced OKC into a ton of turnovers yesterday. For the raptors, that's UNHEARD of to play such hard nose defense.

Long story short, they are winning, and winning in a far different manner than last year.

Typically watch at least one Western Conference game portion a day, and for the first time in years, I can say with confidence the raptors actually look like a Western Conference type of team.

So far, they seem for real.

They weren't winning games the right way last year. It was a hot start but they just were winning through pure offense overwhelming opponents and it was never sustainable. I remember being hyped about the start but just aware they weren't winning in a positive manner.

This year their wins have been quality with defense helping them climb out of the holes their offense has put them in. If they continue their defensive approah and sustain they will win 50+ this year. But that is a big if. Who knows. I will say right now their offense is struggling and they are still putting up big numbers through the free throw line. If the offense gets in rhythm they will be formidable.

But with their wins so far I havent seen anything convincing enough to think they have nothing to fear come the first round of the playoffs. The only quality team they have beat is OKC. Everyone are teams they should have clowned but couldn't. Especially the Pacers. That first half was pathetic.

Side note, Curry is playing with God Mode on while everyone else is still figuring out the controls. Shit is pure ridiculous.

Fjordson

Not sure if anyone else caught Jae Crowder's full court shot...from out of bounds. Had me in hysterics. Not sure I've ever seen that happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm8CS9DVsUA
That's hilarious.

Is there a rule against someone shooting from out of bounds? Feel like Curry should just start launching if there isn't on side out of bounds play near the wing. It'd actually be a closer shot than some of the shit he makes from the top of the arc.

That's hilarious.

Is there a rule against someone shooting from out of bounds? Feel like Curry should just start launching if there isn't on side out of bounds play near the wing. It'd actually be a closer shot than some of the shit he makes from the top of the arc.

Yes, the Celtics didn't get points for it and lost possession.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
And yet if I go back to last year's thread around this time I'd find people saying the same stuff about the Raptors being legit. Yeah, I think we've learned our lesson about overvaluing small and especially early season sample sizes with respect to this team.

I'm tired of your negativity and fancy stats!

Fight me!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
HOLY SHIT:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clipp...pers-forgot-play-warriors-20151105-story.html

The Clippers didn't just botch a play down the stretch against the Golden State Warriors, they actually forgot it.

Chris Paul, who had made a layup with 13.8 seconds left to bring the Clippers within two points of the Warriors, 110-108, was taken out of the game with 13 seconds left because of a strained right groin.

After Paul was subbed out, the Clippers forgot the play that the coaching staff had called. And with 3.8 seconds remaining and the Warriors up, 112-108, Jamal Crawford shot a three-pointer that Klay Thompson blocked.

"Everybody should know the play, not just the guy with the ball, and we didn't know the play down the stretch," Clippers Coach Doc Rivers said.

McDermott starting in place of sleepwalking Tony Snell.

I guess he's 5th in the league in threepoint shooting.

He certainly looks much more confident this year, let's just hope he can sometimes stay in front of someone.

Piecake

The wolves can't buy a bucket... And Wiggins has continued his terrible play. I know back spasms is/was the major factor for this, but still...

Fjordson

Man Chuck and Reggie can't stop talking about Westbrook and Durant being ball hogs lmao. It's sort of awkward. I'm not the biggest Westbrook fan, but they're going a little overboard.

ViciousDS

Banned
DRose!!!!!!!
Holy shit!!!!

It's been so long since I've seen him play this good!

Once his eye heals and double vision gets removed damn......

BadAss2961

DRose!!!!!!!
Holy shit!!!!

It's been so long since I've seen him play this good!

Once his eye heals and double vision gets removed damn......
He'll most likely continue to be up and down like post injury Rose always has been.

He just always plays better against top PGs.

Fjordson

OKC doesn't look all that different with the mediocre offense from the Scott Brooks era. But I guess it's still early for Donovan.

Top Bottom