• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

"Billy King is giving an update on Brook Lopez. He isn't practicing today -- but because of back spasms. He's expected to play Wednesday." - @TimBontemps

They should just rest him for a couple of weeks or months.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Maybe a bit too quick to say this, but Winslow looks like a defensive virtuoso.
Justise Winslow has had an immediate impact for the Miami Heat on defense.

Winslow has defended LeBron James, James Harden, Paul George and DeMar DeRozan.

Among players to defend at least 50 field goal attempts this season, Winslow ranks tied for third in the NBA in defensive field goal percentage (32.8%) with San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard (32.8%) and Minnesota's Ricky Rubio (32.8).

In defensive field goal differential, Winslow ranks 12th in the NBA.
Tiny sample-size but he passes the eye test with flying colors. I've never seen a 19 year old with his man-to-man defensive discipline. If he were a foreigner no one would believe he was 19. Luol Deng doesn't even play in close 4th quarter games anymore and the team's +/- numbers are ridiculous when Winslow is on the floor.

Any time him and Tyler Johnson are on the floor together it's nothing but bricks and turnovers for the other team and 10-2 scoring runs our way. Mario Chalmers should be thrown into a kraken's maw so TJ can get more minutes.

"Billy King admitted he's made some exploratory calls in case #Nets keep heading down this path. Knows they may have to do something." - @RodBoone

Blow it up King. Do it.

Fjordson

Really interested in seeing how we play Detroit tonight. They've looked pretty good. And I'm hoping Drummond doesn't go off for 35 boards, especially with Bogut out.

Jag

Tiny sample-size but he passes the eye test with flying colors. I've never seen a 19 year old with his man-to-man defensive discipline. If he were a foreigner no one would believe he was 19. Luol Deng doesn't even play in close 4th quarter games anymore and the team's +/- numbers are ridiculous when Winslow is on the floor.

Any time him and Tyler Johnson are on the floor together it's nothing but bricks and turnovers for the other team and 10-2 scoring runs our way. Mario Chalmers should be thrown into a kraken's maw so TJ can get more minutes.

Was at the game yesterday. He was just a joy to watch. With Whiteside having a monster game and even TJ contributing, it was really nice to see a young part of the team dominate.

Really interested in seeing how we play Detroit tonight. They've looked pretty good. And I'm hoping Drummond doesn't go off for 35 boards, especially with Bogut out.

Detroit is looking like they COULD contend. I'm wondering to see how they play against The Warriors, who are clear favorites to win the title right now. If they put in a good showing, Detroit could further solidify themselves as one of the teams poised to make a run in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

"Billy King admitted he's made some exploratory calls in case #Nets keep heading down this path. Knows they may have to do something." - @RodBoone

Blow it up King. Do it.

There is nothing to blow up, they had to retain Brook Lopez to remain respectable. They will get something for Joe Johnson though.

Wait, Joe Johnson is basically a corpse right now and he's one of the highest earners in the league?

ShadowyMessyIslandcanary.gif

Wait, Joe Johnson is basically a corpse right now and he's one of the highest earners in the league?

ShadowyMessyIslandcanary.gif

With the way players got paid this off-season, Drummond going to get AD contract.
DeRozan might get 20-25 million per year. I just wish we tank and trade him to the Lakers, just give us Clarkson and a 1st.

There is nothing to blow up, they had to retain Brook Lopez to remain respectable. They will get something for Joe Johnson though.

They have pieces to trade away if they want to blow it up. There's no point on holding on to Thad Young and Joe Johnson if you can get decent assets out of them.

boxter432

I don't think the wolves have ever played that well in their franchise's history. KATs stats aren't big but he just makes a consistent impact on the game. Ricky, Wiggins and Lavine all on their games.

I love the Timberwolves, but wow are they bitter towards the Lakers. Get over it, your "Minneapolis" titles were won 60 years ago; no one really gives a shit.

boxter432

Wolves unraveling...
Wolves not getting any calls either. Wiggins hammered on a drive and no call.
Milsap travels every time he touches the ball, no call, but it's a travel on Bjelica.

boxter432

Wolves third quarter strategy: have players that can't pass run the point. Leave all Hawks wide open for three. Defend any area except next to the hoop or beyond the arc. Draw no fouls. Continue passing directly to Atlanta players.

boxter432

Sam Mitchell needs to be fired before the commercials are over.

Leaving gorgui in this whole time is beyond ridiculous. KAT just sitting on the bench as Hawks close the 30 point lead

Top Bottom