• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

hardens mind entered feltons body this quarter

Ray Ray was pretty fun to watch last night with those cross overs :p

I have to admit it was pretty fun to watch em lose while they were in those "clutch" city jerseys.

I think part of Houstons problem though is it becomes very difficult for them to win whenever Dwight is out for rest because of their backup center situation. Capela is on limited minutes and outside of him they got no one else to play center really, plus he's a bit undersized at the center position.

Of course the Rox have other problems but I think their issues with centers is really hurting them.

Fjordson

Ray Ray was pretty fun to watch last night with those cross overs :p

I have to admit it was pretty fun to watch em lose while they were in those "clutch" city jerseys.

I think part of Houstons problem though is it becomes very difficult for them to win whenever Dwight is out for rest because of their backup center situation. Capela is on limited minutes and outside of him they got no one else to play center really, plus he's a bit undersized at the center position.

Of course the Rox have other problems but I think their issues with centers is really hurting them.
Some of it is Harden. A few bball writers I follow on Twitter were posting some crazy gifs / videos on Twitter last night. Harden isn't even trying on defense, he either gives up an offensive rebound or a backdoor cut seemingly every play.

He's also pouting a bit after he misses a jumper. He holds the follow through and then gets pissed while his man sprints down in transition and Harden ends up out of position.

Here's just one of many I saw where his man sprints past him http://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/665978829232435200/video/1

And here's Harden with some great help D on a drive https://vine.co/v/iBD0K0Lwj26

Cheebo

Banned
1 - Curry, Westbrook
2 - Harden, Klay, DeRozan?
3 - Kawhi, Paul George
4 - Anthony Davis, Blake, Draymond
5 - Boogie, Drummond

Probably forgetting someone. And maybe drop Draymond or DeRozan if Durant plays.
Scrap DeRozan and Paul George. They won't make it. Everyone else you mentioned will. I am sure LeBron will be there. He played at training camp this summer and this is likely his last chance at the Olympics. I think there is a chance Durant will play as well.

Cheebo

Banned
Probably shouldn't have dated a Kardashian, James...
The most remarkable thing this season is how badly so many West teams have fallen off. While many teams in the East have had a lot of improvement and is far more competitive. Clearly GSW are the best team but so far this season the mid-tier teams in the East are a lot better than the West I think.

Scrap DeRozan and Paul George. They won't make it. Everyone else you mentioned will. I am sure LeBron will be there. He played at training camp this summer and this is likely his last chance at the Olympics. I think there is a chance Durant will play as well.

How is PG13 not making the team?

Fjordson

If Lebron and Durant play then yeah, maybe drop George. Or drop DeRozan and Draymond. I feel like after PG broke his leg in the scrimmage Colangelo might feel bad cutting him lol.

Does DeAndre have any interest in USA bball? Not a huge fan of his as far as an NBA player, but I feel like he could do pretty well internationally on defense and on the boards with the way you can grab the ball when it's on the rim / in the cylinder.

Cheebo

Banned
Does DeAndre have any interest in USA bball? Not a huge fan of his as far as an NBA player, but I feel like he could do pretty well internationally on defense and on the boards with the way you can grab the ball when it's on the rim / in the cylinder.
I don't believe he was at the training camp? Boogie and Drummond played I know.

overcast

I'm a Rams and Rockets fan. Fuck this week.
M6b2YiA.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kings bouncing back is good news for the celts!

Marcus Smart putting up 26 is good for the celts! Unfortunately I missed most of this one with the pats on, but looking at this vs. his 25 point game, it appears the majority of his points came at the rim and at the line, which is really where he should be at. I feel like he has the ability to do that far more often than he has, and that's something they'll need out of him. Hopefully he can stay agressive.

edit- and holy shit upset of the night, the lakers drop in the tank rankings ;) at least for now. Pelicans are the surprise of the year for me so far though.

Well Kobe got his one good game of the first half out of the way. Now the tank can resume.

is Anthony Davis hurt or something? Because going 1-9 with him on your team is a pretty amazing feat otherwise.

Well Kobe got his one good game of the first half out of the way. Now the tank can resume.

is Anthony Davis hurt or something? Because going 1-9 with him on your team is a pretty amazing feat otherwise.

Kobe wanted revenge for 04. Lol
So is Magic Kobe back? No better Lakers PG.

Anthony Davis fitting a Alvin Gentry system. This is similar to a Gasol and D'Antoni situation.

Jonm1010

Banned

AD played like crap to start the season and frankly his team and help defense is rather atrocious when he plays the 5.

Not to mention the mountain of injuries and having the toughest schedule in the league to go with it.

However we are so far gone that I honestly just want to tank this season. Try and get Simmons and use the cap space to bring in some actual two way players that fit with Davis over the next couple years.

jbug617

Banned
David Aldridge has a Cousins trade proposal.
http://www.nba.com/2015/news/featur...s-trade-idea-qa-karl-anthony-towns/index.html

Sacramento trades Cousins to Boston, and sends guard Darren Collison and a future second-round pick to Philadelphia;

Boston gives the Kings the 2016 first-round pick it got from Dallas in the Rondo deal, along with the Celtics' 2018 first-rounder. The Celtics trade David Lee and his expiring contract, along with forward Kelly Olynyk, their first-round pick in 2014, to Sacramento, and send guard James Young, one of their two first-round picks in 2013, to the 76ers;

Philadelphia sends power forward Carl Landry, whom it acquired from the Kings in the Nik Stauskas deal, to Boston, along with a future second-round pick, and trades the 2017/18 first it would get from the Kings in the Stauskas deal back to Sacramento.

I think the Nets picks would probably be needed in any Cousins trade

El Topo

AD played like crap to start the season and frankly his team and help defense is rather atrocious when he plays the 5.

Not to mention the mountain of injuries and having the toughest schedule in the league to go with it.

However we are so far gone that I honestly just want to tank this season. Try and get Simmons and use the cap space to bring in some actual two way players that fit with Davis over the next couple years.

Pretty much. He's great, but one player can only do so much. I fear tanking is their best option at this point, although I find that really unfortunate. Sucks for the fans.

I've heard that the Pelican's physical rehab/training staff is one of the worst in the league ....It's apparently a dirty little secret with the organization as they use the same trainers that the Saints use. That and I wonder how much it's a coaching issue? I've also heard that the players haven't bought into Gentry because they were really loyal to Monty...I wonder how much of that is true as well.

tm24

I've heard that the Pelican's physical rehab/training staff is one of the worst in the league ....It's apparently a dirty little secret with the organization as they use the same trainers that the Saints use. That and I wonder how much it's a coaching issue? I've also heard that the players haven't bought into Gentry because they were really loyal to Monty...I wonder how much of that is true as well.

Ive heard the sharing trainers part floating around for the past 2 years. Since Benson likes the Saints more, it makes sense that the Pels get less attention

Cannot believe this season so far. So terrible. Even if The Rockets start winning, I won't enjoy the wins until we're like 15-6 or something (LMAO). Jesus.

Into

The Boston Celtics started out the season a little slowly, but have been turning the corner with quality wins against playoff-bound teams. The Celtics are 4-1 in their last five games, all against .500 or above teams. Head coach Brad Stevens has the Celtics playing at a high pace, while locking down opponents on the defensive end. A tell-tale sign of an improving franchise is their ability to win against the good teams in the league, and the Celtics are doing just that.

Pace: (5th)
Field Goal Attempts: (4th)
Offensive Rebounding: (3rd)
Creating Turnovers: (1st)
Defensive Rating: (4th)

http://hooptrends.com/boston-celtics-showing-signs-of-an-elite-young-team/

Next 4 games:

Rockets
Dallas
2x Nets

Only one decent team in there, the Dallas Mavericks of course.

Hopefully the Spurs win tonight so they can continue solidifying that lead for the #2 seed. With the Clips and Thunder hurting a bit, now is the time to keep it up. Portland should be a little fatigued coming from Charlotte late last night all the way to San Antonio, but you never know. Apparently the next seven-game stretch for the Spurs has six opponents at home coming off a back-to-back. Now would be a good time to build that lead. We'll see what happens.

Fjordson

This is super random, but I follow college basketball recruiting somewhat closely and there's a top 15 kid announcing his choice tomorrow. Saw this picture of him from AAU on twitter and noticed something weird about the jersey

Andrew Wiggins?? Wiggins already has his own AAU team??

Top Bottom