• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Silkworm

Other than the Clippers they haven't beat anyone. Celtics can and will beat them if they continue to play good D.
True. The question for me is can the Celtics' current level of play continue at this level. I just figured it was time for a drop off. Hopefully I'm wrong :) It would be nice to see the Celtics go 3-0 on this west road trip and then they get back to back games against the Nets which means they could be on 6 game winning streak heading into Atlanta. But, one game at a time :-D

spyder_ur

True. The question for me is can the Celtics' current level of play continue at this level. I just figured it was time for a drop off. Hopefully I'm wrong :) It would be nice to see the Celtics go 3-0 on this west road trip and then they get back to back games against the Nets which means they could be on 6 game winning streak heading into Atlanta. But, one game at a time :-D

Can they keep smashing good teams on the road? I doubt it. But I also don't think anything about this is fluky really. I don't think they are really a top 5 defense like they are statically right now - that is very difficult to do without a dominant defensive big - but they're much improved in that regard and they're deep.

This has been a legitimately good basketball team since the All-star break last year.

If he uses his time before games practicing free throws instead of playing fifa maybe then he will improve his ft% and be just as prolific on the line as deandre Jordan.
troll.png

Into

Celtics have the 4th highest point differential, behind Golden State, Spuds and Cavs.

I feel bad for Rockets fans, alleged "MVP" candidate and superstar Harden and Dwight, and they still cant draw half a building.

McHale needs to go and probably will soon enough.

Tibs?

Pringles?

spyder_ur

Celtics have the 4th highest point differential, behind Golden State, Spuds and Cavs.

I feel bad for Rockets fans, alleged "MVP" candidate and superstar Harden and Dwight, and they still cant draw half a building.

Tibs?

Pringles?

Wow, Harden would hate Tibs so much. I think Tibs is probably one of the better 5-10 coaches, but that doesn't seem like the right fit.

Rockets were an absolute joke defensively last night - allowing easy layups, not closing out. For a team with Dwight to be bottom 5 in the NBA in defense is a sham.

Edwardo

Weren't the C's one of the better teams in first quarter scoring for the second half of last year? Kind of weird seeing them near the bottom so far this season.

Into

Wow, Harden would hate Tibs so much. I think Tibs is probably one of the better 5-10 coaches, but that doesn't seem like the right fit.

Rockets were an absolute joke defensively last night - allowing easy layups, not closing out. For a team with Dwight to be bottom 5 in the NBA in defense is a sham.

Yeah agree i cant see Harden or Lawson putting up with Tibs military like regime

Antoni? His stints at NY and LA were pretty bad. Though there seems to be this push to hire younger guys from college these days, rather than old coaches.

Holy shit at Chalmers the last 2 games, that Big 3 Miami team was really Big 4 all along

Tibs?

Pringles?

McHale needs to trade us Harden before he leaves.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
@SerenaWinters

Byron Scott once again called for players to "man up," said he thought the Suns effort was "10 times better" than the Lakers

8:39 PM - 16 Nov 2015

Coaching wisdom, truly.

Yeah saw when he tweeted earlier, a little disappointed he's still under the ESPN umbrella but at least his articles aren't behind a paywall and he gets the most access with them (Even though he seems to have a good rapport with front offices/coaches/players).

spyder_ur

Yeah agree i cant see Harden or Lawson putting up with Tibs military like regime

Antoni? His stints at NY and LA were pretty bad. Though there seems to be this push to hire younger guys from college these days, rather than old coaches.

I'm not really sure where they would go - that team is theoretically built to win now. I could see Morey taking a chance at a bright college mind, but you obviously can't do that midseason. It's a tough spot because they obviously need a shakeup of some sort.

Good to see him, but holy crap I hate that site design for reading anything of any substance. Felt the same with Barnwell's NFL column yesterday.

Any sign of Goldsberry and his magnificent shot charts?

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm really surprised no one has lit a fire under Harden's ass for the lack of effort. It's not like it's hard to see night in night out for years now.

Well....McHale is a terrible coach. Last year really was just an aberration.

These former players from the 80's really have no business in the game anymore as coaches. The game has evolved, and changed so much. The look antiquated in their methods. Byron still thinks running laps till his players puke will make them better come game time.Its pretty sad.

pislit

Fire McHale and hire Thibs or Sloan to insert some discipline into that group. Or trade everyone, and hope for Ben Simmons!

AcridMeat

Banned
6 Toughest Players I've Ever Guarded- Nazr Mohammed

1- Shaq
2A- Rasheed
2B- Dirk
2C- Yao
2D- Duncan
2E- KG

I miss
Yao. It kills me still that his career was cut short because of all the international ball he had to play for China.
This was fun reading and made me respect Rasheed way more than I did previously. I remember the days of him beasting in Portland fondly, but had no idea how great he was as a person off the court. Losing Yao to injury so early really blew too, he was so fun to watch.
You want Dwight Howard to discipline Harden? Ty Lawson? I don't think there's a credible voice in the locker room right now for that team.
Do they still have Ariza? He's the only defensive minded vet I can recall on that team recently. I'm not here pretending like Houston can fix the situation they're in without getting new staff in there, but if I was a teammate of his I'd be pissed at seeing that kind of shit endlessly.

I'll give Harden credit, at least he doesn't even pretend to give a fuck about his lack of effort on defense. A lesser player would pull a Vince Carter and pretend they rolled an ankle or tweaked a hamstring after getting burned that badly.

Top Bottom