• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Whoever picks #1 is getting Simmons and he is the safest thing in years. Dude is incredible.

Lakers probably regrets Russell so far though. If they redid the draft I suspect the top 5 would be:

1. Karl-Anthony Towns
2. Kristaps Porzingis
3. Jahlil Okafor
4. Emmanuel Mudiay
5. Stanley Johnson

Porzingis is probably the guy, I just don't think anyone expected him to be this far along. I'd still be fine passing on Okafor. Everyone knew he would come in and score. That's not shocking anyone. I still have faith in Russell though. He's making improvements considering he's playing for a dumb fuck coach and off the ball probably a lot more than he should this early in his development.

Piecake

Whoever picks #1 is getting Simmons and he is the safest thing in years. Dude is incredible.

Lakers probably regrets Russell so far though. If they redid the draft I suspect the top 5 would be:

1. Karl-Anthony Towns
2. Kristaps Porzingis
3. Jahlil Okafor
4. Emmanuel Mudiay
5. Stanley Johnson

I really don't understand all of the love for Simmons. How exactly is he going to score at the NBA level in the half court? He has not shot and no post game. Defenders will simply sag off of him and dare him to shoot, which will clog up the lane and hinder his passing and driving ability, taking away his only advantage on offense. Sure, he is a fantastic passer, ball-handler and finisher around the rim, but unless he develops a shot and/or post game I don't think he is going to be a sure-fire all-star at all. Could he? Sure, but man, his weaknesses are glaring.

JV is hurt. So Bismack going to play 2nd half. Congrats on win Lakers.

Raps season is over if JV has a fracture. Next game is against the Clippers as well. That frontcourt is going to destroy us.
Oh yeah and they have Pierce.

I really don't understand all of the love for Simmons. How exactly is he going to score at the NBA level in the half court? He has not shot and no post game. Defenders will simply sag off of him and dare him to shoot, which will clog up the lane and hinder his passing and driving ability, taking away his only advantage on offense. Sure, he is a fantastic passer, ball-handler and finisher around the rim, but unless he develops a shot and/or post game I don't think he is going to be a sure-fire all-star at all. Could he? Sure, but man, his weaknesses are glaring.

His floor reminds me of Boris diaw or like a more athletic draymond. Not sure he's Lebrun/kd level sure thing. The

All the teams in the NBA do it, but it really seems like Green and Bogut get away with a lot of moving screens. Bogut is pushing someone on every single offensive play.

Sandfox

1. Karl-Anthony Towns
2. Kristaps Porzingis
3. Jahlil Okafor
4. Emmanuel Mudiay
5. Stanley Johnson

This upcoming Draft is pretty weak and 2017 is much better. Also, its far too early to re-draft and say whether a team regrets their decision. Mudiay and Johnson over Russell is crazy.

boxter432

GS gets every ticky tack foul yet get away with shoving and hacking.
Bought and especially green basically push constantly without consequence. Green gets superstar calls for some reason.

Piecake

His floor reminds me of Boris diaw or like a more athletic draymond. Not sure he's Lebrun/kd level sure thing. The

I don't think Draymond is a good floor at all because Draymond has a shot and has 3 point range. Until Simmons actually shows that he might develop one, I dont think you can say he will be a better version of Draymond considering that Draymond is awesome, and is the second best player on the best team in the league.

Sandfox

Lol can't believe we stylin on you guys with our bench right now. But CoryJo is no joke. Dude can score with best of them.
Smallball working for us.

Byron thought is was smart to play the same horrible lineup for 9 straight minutes yet again. You would think he notices this kind of thing, but apparently not. In the postgame both him and his friends in the studio are going to blame the players.

boxter432

I don't think Draymond is a good floor at all because Draymond has a shot and has 3 point range. Until Simmons actually shows that he might develop one, I dont think you can say he will be a better version of Draymond considering that Draymond is awesome, and is the second best player on the best team in the league.
Well draymond was a 4 year ncaa player (no outside shot first two years and just ok second two) plus took into his third nba year to become who he is. Simmons has played a week in ncaa.

Kanguro

Neo Member
Warriors depth is just nuts. It's not enough that steph is some 2k create-a-player they're also stacked like a dynasty team.

Good win Raps going to be tough without JV for several games. Next game is L regardless

Clippers going though rough times they going to take it out on the Raptors.

I don't understand Lakers fans who don't understand that winning is not in their best interests this season. Stop being confusing, Lakers fan! There's nothing to be gained with Ws. Your complaint should only be is the coach doing enough in regards to player development.

Fjordson

Yet again the small ball lineup with Draymond at center just blows the game wide open. Unreal.

Steph was kinda rough though. Hate to nitpick because of how great he's been, but he's had a lot of bad turnovers lately.

gcubed

I don't understand Lakers fans who don't understand that winning is not in their best interests this season. Stop being confusing, Lakers fan! There's nothing to be gained with Ws. Your complaint should only be is the coach doing enough in regards to player development.

As long as the Lakers can get a 4 or 5 slot in the draft, they can lose all they want

Sandfox

The team is trying to win so I'm going to criticize the bad things I see, especially when I feel that the pieces that will be around for the future aren't being used right. Our chances of keeping the pick are too low for my liking even if we had the worst record in the league so I'm not too likely to get on board with that this year.

Yet again the small ball lineup with Draymond at center just blows the game wide open. Unreal.

Steph was kinda rough though. Hate to nitpick because of how great he's been, but he's had a lot of bad turnovers lately.
Don't like the lazy passes. Honestly they were playing on fumes at the end. Hopefully they get some rest as that was a brutal b2b

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Yeah warriors looked exhausted (Curry in particular). Three games in four nights with travel in between will do that. Seems like they could use a few days off but only get one before playing at altitude on Sunday.

Chicago is for real though.

BadAss2961

Yeah warriors looked exhausted (Curry in particular). Three games in four nights with travel in between will do that. Seems like they could use a few days off but only get one before playing at altitude on Sunday.

Chicago is for real though.
Not really. The team still has a long way to go to not struggle in every single series before losing to LeBron.

Rose makes the difference in the 4th of this game though.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Lost in all this interest about their streak, the warriors now are up to a 4 game lead on the spurs, 6.5 over the thunder,7 over the clips, 8.5 over houston. lol

Top Bottom