• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

The team is trying to win so I'm going to criticize the bad things I see, especially when I feel that the pieces that will be around for the future aren't being used right. Our chances of keeping the pick are too low for my liking even if we had the worst record in the league so I'm not too likely to get on board with that this year.

The parts in bold are what you should be critical of. Losing, not so much.

There's no point in winning. The Lakers aren't making the playoffs no matter how hard they try. The only good outcome is a top 3 pick, and the best way to have a shot at it is to be absolutely terrible.

Though I am quite pulling for them to get the 4 and ship it out.

AcridMeat

Banned
Was at a friend's place watching the game. Really entertaining despite Curry's sloppiness (again). Barnes showed up which was great to see, he had some really smooth sequences.

Anyone catch the basketball highlights after the game? They showed the sixers versus the hornets and I busted laughing at what they were showing. All of the mishandled balls and horribly inaccurate passes, with graphics like "Why?" and "When will it end?" Pure comedy.
Ezeli matches up way better against the Bulls frontcourt than Bogut does.
Ezeli matches up better with pretty much any team, and he's been way more effective than Bogut. I was discussing it with my friend how Bogut has looked really slow recently, and not hustling much/getting into position for boards like others. I know he jammed his finger in the first and maybe he shied away from contact with that hand as a result, but man. There was a play where Bogut was next to the basket on defense, Bulls put up a shot and somehow it was Klay under the basket for a board against Gasol. Can't let that happen when you're the big right there.

Sandfox

The parts in bold are what you should be critical of. Losing, not so much.

There's no point in winning. The Lakers aren't making the playoffs no matter how hard they try. The only good outcome is a top 3 pick, and the best way to have a shot at it is to be absolutely terrible.

Though I am quite pulling for them to get the 4 and ship it out.

My issue is with how the team lost rather than the fact that they lost.

Jonm1010

Banned
I really don't understand all of the love for Simmons. How exactly is he going to score at the NBA level in the half court? He has not shot and no post game. Defenders will simply sag off of him and dare him to shoot, which will clog up the lane and hinder his passing and driving ability, taking away his only advantage on offense. Sure, he is a fantastic passer, ball-handler and finisher around the rim, but unless he develops a shot and/or post game I don't think he is going to be a sure-fire all-star at all. Could he? Sure, but man, his weaknesses are glaring.

Anthony Davis was also a garbage jump shooter coming into the NBA. One of Lebron's biggest criticisms was his jump shot. Draymond Green didn't hit a single three pointer his freshman year.

Not saying he will be any of those guys but to assume his skill set now is his skill set forever is a bit premature.

Cheebo

Banned
BTW at the end of the Celtics game the crowd were chanting "THANK YOU BROOKLYN!"

The crowd literally in unison was thanking Brooklyn for their first round draft pick. Hilarious.

Was at a friend's place watching the game. Really entertaining despite Curry's sloppiness (again). Barnes showed up which was great to see, he had some really smooth sequences.

Anyone catch the basketball highlights after the game? They showed the sixers versus the hornets and I busted laughing at what they were showing. All of the mishandled balls and horribly inaccurate passes, with graphics like "Why?" and "When will it end?" Pure comedy.
Ezeli matches up better with pretty much any team, and he's been way more effective than Bogut. I was discussing it with my friend how Bogut has looked really slow recently, and not hustling much/getting into position for boards like others. I know he jammed his finger in the first and maybe he shied away from contact with that hand as a result, but man. There was a play where Bogut was next to the basket on defense, Bulls put up a shot and somehow it was Klay under the basket for a board against Gasol. Can't let that happen when you're the big right there.

Yeah...it's like sure the 76ers are stockpiling a bunch of talent but they still need to actually develop and teach players how to win at the pro level.

Even before Bogut jammed his finger, Gasol was working him. I think Nate Duncan is right though that our defense isn't as solid as it was last year. Even outside of Bogut, it seems like our rotations just aren't as crisp as they were last year. It really sucks though that at the end of the season, we run the risk of losing either Barnes or Ezeli with the possibility of losing both. Both players have really stepped up this year. I honestly think Barnes is more clutch than Klay at this point.

Yeah warriors looked exhausted (Curry in particular). Three games in four nights with travel in between will do that. Seems like they could use a few days off but only get one before playing at altitude on Sunday.

Chicago is for real though.

I dunno, Chicago has problems at the center position imo. Noah is straight up fucking garbage these days, he played a bit in the first half and wasn't fighting for rebounds. Wasn't playing defense, he had a laughably bad play in the first half when he got a rebound and dribbled the ball down court instead of passing and Curry ran up to him and stole the ball away. It looked hilariously awful.

Also outside of Butler and Pau this team has problems with scoring. A lot of forced and iso shots.

Laker-GAF, who would be your replacement for Byron Scott? I'm thinking Kevin Ollie, Thibs, JVG or Mark Jackson.

Fuck Mark Jackson. Thibs will burn these guys out. JVG has been away from the game for a long time, not sure he even wants to come back. Ollie is an unknown. Give the job to Luke.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
YLz6CBS.jpg

LOL

Sandfox

Laker-GAF, who would be your replacement for Byron Scott? I'm thinking Kevin Ollie, Thibs, JVG or Mark Jackson.
Mark Jackson has the exact same issues as Byron Scott on the floor. I'd rather see them take an assistant coach from another team.

WTF Nets. Man was it actually 3 first rounders the Nets gave up. Billy King lol

And yes John Wall you get paid the same as Reggie Jackson, clearly Reggie is fired up to outplay you.

KingBroly

Banned
So...what's going on with the Wizards? Just not playing well? Injuries? They want the coach gone? It's not looking good for them right now.

EDIT: I mean for the season in general, not just this game.

Two Words

Holy shit, anybody see the end of this Washington/Detroit game? The ref blatantly fast-counted the inbound pass. If you watch him count, it's clear that he speeds up on the last 3 counts and basically calls it 5 seconds a split second before his hand goes up a fifth time.

anybody here have League Pass premium? Is it worth it or should I just go with regular League Pass? also, is there any way to preview league pass at all to make sure my internet connection and everything is up to it?

Messi

anybody here have League Pass premium? Is it worth it or should I just go with regular League Pass? also, is there any way to preview league pass at all to make sure my internet connection and everything is up to it?

I did premium last season and didn't think it was worth it, regular has been great this season. I thought I'd watch NBA tv but I didn't.

Go with regular League Pass. As for internet connection, you should be fine as long as you can stream Netflix. I had a terrible internet season last year, and I rarely had any issues.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
NY: K. Porzingis 24 Pts, 14 Reb, 2 Ast, 7 Blk

Top Bottom